EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

49 minutes ago, McMahonHeadband said:

well as someone who has a background in physics , velocity is correlated with distance  given the same degree of release.  so the fact that hurts can throw it 60 yards is proof that he has the velocity arm strength to play at this level.  

The two bolded statements do not form a proof... as you mention the release angle and then make no mention of the angle of trajectory in the conclusion you drew.  That's a C- answer at best.  

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

OK.  

It was believed that Elway could throw at least 60 mph.  Which means that if you released a football at the optimal angle (45 degrees), the ball would cover 80 yards.

image.png.f4ee74a950ffb3b74fa530ba9a3a7a91.png

Hurts throws at around 51 mph, which is 16% less that Elway.  However, at the optimal angle, he can reach 60 yards.  

image.png.032d337b23b2af55f1b8f149b5e70f1e.png

So being able to throw 60 yards isn't all that big of a deal. 

It's the extra 10 mph on a deep out or crossing pattern that matter.

With air resistance, the angle drops closer to about 42.  ;) 

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kind of hard to buy that since from the report and the photos it looks like he rammed them from behind. Even if they just quickly hit the brakes and he didn't have time to stop it shouldn't have caused that much damage. 

I'm not saying the expert would be truthful.  

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

We can use Hurts' strength and velocity to throw deep balls finally

2 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

Are we the CB factory now?

Like a production line of Priuses.  

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

Are we the CB factory now?

I think we fancy ourselves as a QB factory, build a tight end workshop and cornerback lab. The linebacker plant went under. We didn’t get a bailout 

3 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Eric Wilson, Marlon T, Josiah Scott, McCain, Chachere, Anderson could all be gone without blinking an eye

I haven't posted for a while.  This team just isn't worth my emotional investment anymore but thought I'd swing by.  I agree with most but Chachere is one of their core ST players.  He's a great gunner and almost always around the ball.  He's been a pleasant surprise even if just ST.  He can be a Maragos kind of player.

What I see Howie doing is investing the bare minimum at CB by adding Tay Gowan and now Kary Vincent on top of drafting Zech McPhearson in the 4th this year.

Howie can now say that he used a 4th round pick, traded his SB52 hero, Eagle great Ertz for Gowan and for a 6th round pick he got from Flacco he was able to bring in a guy they targeted in the 2021 draft.  His mindset now is that he's used 2 draft picks and a player to bring in young CB.  CB has been addressed and now they can ignore it in the 2022 draft despite CB being one of the strongest groups, especially in the top of the draft.

By using that argument, it will be easier for him to part with the 1st round picks for Russell Wilson sadly.  I think he's the guy he wants.  Howie wants Wilson.  He wanted him in the draft and now he can finally get his guy despite him being 34 next year.  It would be a horrible move as this team has so many holes and an aging QB is not the way to go.

He will also find a way to bring Barnett back and that gives him the chance to say they have 2 young DE in Barnett and Sweat locked up long term. 

26 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Maddox is a FA. We will see if Howie extends him. To me they drafted his replacement in McPherson 

Quite possibly... I guess it depends what Maddox is asking for. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  As the draft is upcoming or during s draft.  As in a 2022 1st is equal to a 2023 2nd.  I get all of that.  But not when talking about a guy who was drafted and not played in half of the current season.  Not the same scenario.  Pretty rare to see a guy drafted in the 7th. Not play and then get traded for a 6th.  At least rare outside of Howie’s world.  

During the draft.  Yes.  That makes sense and happens all of the time.  Not this scenario.  Normally current players are worth less than what they were drafted for if they haven’t even made the field.  

I agree but I don't think the Eagles had a 7th round pick.  They have 2 sixth round picks.  https://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-eagles-2022-draft-picks-future/

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The linebacker plant went under. We didn’t get a bailout

The world does not have enough money to bail that out.

1 minute ago, WentzFan11 said:

Crazy Jackson cares more about the PT than being on a winning team. I can appreciate the competitiveness

Oh GDI

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The world does not have enough money to bail that out.

There's a glimmer of hope. 

Taylor and Edwards could be effective as the 2nd / 3rd best LBs on the roster.  Get a stud in the 2nd round to complete the set.

Vincent opted out, which is probably why he dropped in the draft, when you run 4.39 and play for LSU you're usually draftable.

Eagles have more information, they can look at pre-season film and the fact that Denver protected him.

Probably the TB pick, which is end of the 6th rd - the pick they got for Flacco.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

YARN | My God' that's impressive. | Step Brothers (2008) | Video gifs by  quotes | 16d69e6e | 紗

Me too way before him. I actually suggested early in the season that the Eagles should trade for him at the deadline if they were 3-5. 

On 9/2/2021 at 12:36 PM, NCiggles said:

You know what would make sense before the trade deadline on November 2, 2021, they should trade for Kary Vincent (Junior).  I bet they could get him for one of their 6th round picks.  

See - 

Just now, austinfan said:

Vincent opted out, which is probably why he dropped in the draft, when you run 4.39 and play for LSU you're usually draftable.

Eagles have more information, they can look at pre-season film and the fact that Denver protected him.

Probably the TB pick, which is end of the 6th rd - the pick they got for Flacco.

:lol:. Yeah, they had more information when they drafted Reagor and JJAW, too.  How's that working out for them?

7 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Vincent opted out, which is probably why he dropped in the draft,

Or maybe he dropped because

Weaknesses
  • Coverage can be loose and undisciplined at times.
  • Relies on athletic ability over technique.
  • Gets too grabby at the top of the route.
  • Pattern recognition is underdeveloped and needs work.
  • Ball instincts are below average.
  • Struggles finding football and establishing position downfield.
  • Panics with his back to the ball.
  • Needs better-timed attacks on the football.
  • Takes some poor angles as a tackler.
  • Stays wired to perimeter blocks and out of the process in run support.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wonder what they offered... 

Ruggs and a 5th...... 

Archived