EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s exactly what I was going for, but I don’t know how to post gifs. 

I save the gif to my phone, and then upload them via the "Click to choose files” option when replying. I included a screenshot below.

578757CF-5A61-4C32-9BFE-5ACEC95BCC42.jpeg

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Know Life said:

I save the gif to my phone, and then upload them via the "Click to choose files” option when replying. I included a screenshot below.

578757CF-5A61-4C32-9BFE-5ACEC95BCC42.jpeg

Don’t even need to do that. Click the insert other media and you can copy and paste from the internet and it’ll pop up. 

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Gotta wonder how this Ruggs news is effecting DeVonta.  

Why ??  You gonna use that as a narrative if he continues to play poorly ??

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If it were easy, everyone would do it. 

I get that Howie has been bad (and this is where I feel co peeled to point that I think he should have been fired), but it was a good move for a team trying to make the playoffs. Despite the trajectory, we still looked like a playoff contender at the time of the deal. 

Oh, that's true.  We limped our way into the playoffs in 2018... lucked our way in 2019 too.  Why not go for the gusto in 2020?  

Of course, the defense of Howie is that he knew that we needed a rebuild, but did it for Doug.  Doug wasn't ready for a rebuild.   Slay is playing really well this year.  It's making a big difference.    I don't dislike Slay, I just didn't see the move as a smart one when it was made, and it hasn't really helped in any way last year or this year.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I disagree. I argued that entire offseason that 2019 was fools gold and they needed to start a rebuild then cause they weren’t turning it around just expecting old players to stay healthy, rookies in a pandemic to fix their issues and adding slay/hargrave weren’t enough to make you a legitimate contender. If you were gonna sign players or trade for guys then do it with young guys who’d still be here after a rebuild. They won a crap division because week 16 Dak Prescott had a shoulder injury and a ridiculously easy schedule down the stretch. Bpac, 4for4 and I said that a ton of times. All we got from everyone else was we were chicken little and the window was open for a SB for another 2-3 years. 

Legitimate contender or a contender for a playoff spot? We certainly on paper were a contender for a playoff spot. 

Not sure why they cut Brett Toth to add Vincent.  They now have 8 CB on the roster while both their starting tackles have missed games this year and the main backup can only play LT.  Toth has the best O-Line coach in the NFL behind him coaching him up and seemed to have versatility.  

Is Mac McCain, who's never even active, more valuable than your 4th OT?  

I'll also add that they don't even play a dime defense so at most, 3 CB are playing on Sunday.  5 CB either here just for ST or not dressing.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Oh, that's true.  We limped our way into the playoffs in 2018... lucked our way in 2019 too.  Why not go for the gusto in 2020?  

Of course, the defense of Howie is that he knew that we needed a rebuild, but did it for Doug.  Doug wasn't ready for a rebuild.   Slay is playing really well this year.  It's making a big difference.    I don't dislike Slay, I just didn't see the move as a smart one when it was made, and it hasn't really helped in any way last year or this year.

They lucked their way into it in 2018. Needed a bears team playing for nothing to beat cousins who had everything to play for. The bears won the game with backups at some position in the second half. If the bears won a game they really didn’t care if they won or loss cause it didn’t effect their seeding. the eagles were fortunate the bears won that game and cousins is cousins 

last sentence is exactly how i feel. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why ??  You gonna use that as a narrative if he continues to play poorly ??

Because he's a human, a young kid who seems to keep a small social circle and one of his best closest friends just killed someone and threw their own life away.  

Howie definitely half-arsed it last year. He tried to win now with some moves while doing dumb stuff like draft Hurts and Taylor with premium picks.

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Legitimate contender or a contender for a playoff spot? We certainly on paper were a contender for a playoff spot. 

They were only a contender for a playoff spot cause the division was so awful. If they played in any other division in the conference they had no business being a playoff team. If the goal is just to make the playoffs then expectations have dramatically dropped off from what they should be. Winning a dogshit division to get a playoff spot isn’t some great accomplishment. And i think all of us knew 2019 was fools good but we were just happy wentz turned it on and carried us on offense the last 4 weeks 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Because he's a human, a young kid who seems to keep a small social circle and one of his best closest friends just killed someone and threw their own life away.  

His friend made a huge mistake, and probably ruined his pro career.  If Devonta is the professional that I keep being told he is, it should have zero impact on his play.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Howie definitely half-arsed it last year. He tried to win now with some moves while doing dumb stuff like draft Hurts and Taylor with premium picks.

You forgot Reagor.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You forgot Reagor.

The best pick from that draft is gonna come down to Driscoll or Watkins. I don’t think either are anything other teams would be bragging about. solid players which doesn’t make up for what might amount to 3 swing and misses in the first 3 rounds  

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

His friend made a huge mistake, and probably ruined his pro career.  If Devonta is the professional that I keep being told he is, it should have zero impact on his play.

I'm not talking about his play.  I'm talking about him as a person.  This has likely been a very **** day for him with a lot of heavy emotions hitting him.  

Boy, people jump to conclusions.

Toth - let's see if he gets claimed, Howie might feel he has a better chance to clear waivers and make it to the PS.

McPhearson, Gowan, Scott, Vincent. Nelson on a one year deal, this is called building "depth." Didn't give up much to get these guys, 4th, (2) 6th, Ertz. they're more talented than the scrubs that have been cycled through the last two seasons. Gannon, who's been a scout and a DB coach, probably had a lot of input into these decisions. He's going to remake this defense by next fall, this is merely some tinkering around the edges. They are getting faster and quicker.

Don't think this will impact the first 3 rounds or so, might negate taking a project in the 5th or 6th round next June.

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I really liked Vincent as a nickel CB (Howie does like collecting those).  Broncos basically traded a 2021 seventh for a 2022 second sixth. So Eagles have twice traded sixth round choices for nickel CBs.  Plus they got Gowan in trade.  All CBs I liked but doesn’t negate the need to draft one in 2022. Pretty much kills the chance Maddox is extended. 

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Boy, people jump to conclusions.

Toth - let's see if he gets claimed, Howie might feel he has a better chance to clear waivers and make it to the PS.

McPhearson, Gowan, Scott, Vincent. Nelson on a one year deal, this is called building "depth." Didn't give up much to get these guys, 4th, (2) 6th, Ertz. they're more talented than the scrubs that have been cycled through the last two seasons. Gannon, who's been a scout and a DB coach, probably had a lot of input into these decisions. He's going to remake this defense by next fall, this is merely some tinkering around the edges. They are getting faster and quicker.

Don't think this will impact the first 3 rounds or so, might negate taking a project in the 5th or 6th round next June.

It has to... because he just used one of those picks.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They were only a contender for a playoff spot cause the division was so awful. If they played in any other division in the conference they had no business being a playoff team. If the goal is just to make the playoffs then expectations have dramatically dropped off from what they should be. Winning a dogshit division to get a playoff spot isn’t some great accomplishment. And i think all of us knew 2019 was fools good but we were just happy wentz turned it in and carried us on offense the last 4 weeks 

Well they were trying to win the division, obviously. Howie and Co whiffed on too many other objectives and we collapsed, which is why many of us want him gone. 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

I really liked Vincent as a nickel CB (Howie does like collecting those).  Broncos basically traded a 2021 seventh for a 2022 second sixth. So Eagles have twice traded sixth round choices for nickel CBs.  Plus they got Gowan in trade.  All CBs I liked but doesn’t negate the need to draft one in 2022. Pretty much kills the chance Maddox is extended. 

I’m weary on re-signing maddox. Great rookie year. Then two bad years. Then contract year he’s playing well again. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m weary on re-signing maddox. Great rookie year. Then two bad years. Then contract year he’s playing well again. 

Does Maddox look bigger this year to anyone else?

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nickel backs are like relievers. There seems to be a lot of variance in their play. I like him, but I’m cool with letting him walk. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Yup, and I think he still thinks this if the reports of him wanting Russell Wilson are true.  Finally armed with serious draft capital to rebuild this team, Howie would rather throws those picks at a quarterback who can lead this trash of a roster.

And it would buy him another 4 years most likely no problem. Let's face it though, he will have 4 years regardless. The sad part is they could really hit the jackpot with the current draft capital and turn it into even more quality picks over the following years allowing us to rebuild pretty quickly. God knows they need a lot. But they should not let Howie have control over this but Jeff will be like a kid in a candy store with Howie so I am prepping myself for full disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Well they were trying to win the division, obviously. Howie and Co whiffed on too many other objectives and we collapsed, which is why many of us want him gone. 

Not so much you but there was a lot of people who thought they were still SB or bust mode and that’s why they should make those moves. The reality was cracks in the foundations were there and young player development was always gonna eventually catch up to them when they made the transition to the next era. 

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Does Maddox look bigger this year to anyone else?

I’m thinking he might have added some weight cause he had injuries each of the past three years.

Archived