EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He's just trying to keep form getting his head kicked in when he comes to Philly

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Key word being "could" but I get it. They should have a great OL/DL. WR and DB have been their Achilles heel but both were addressed in the draft/free agency and they hired a HC/DC with backgrounds at WR/DB and are changing their coverage schemes. So IF they manage to turn those positions around and IF Hurts can take the next step as a passer I could actually see this being a surprisingly good team. 

That's a lot of things that have to go right though  and we never seem to get to have nice things.

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is perceptive -- but I'd feel better if he remembered it was a 17-game season.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

He is perceptive -- but I'd feel better if he remembered it was a 17-game season.

I didn't even notice, how many times will that be missed this year.

Why do I get the feeling that at the end of the year Judge and giants fans will be complaining that the Eagles let them win a game costing them a higher draft pick?

Last season the Eagles only passed for 208 yards per game.  I will assume they will improve at least 10% from that number and predict almost 240 yards per game.  They will focus more on the ground game, but they'll also likely be playing from behind in the second half of games often which will necessitate more passing.

240 X 17 games will result in 4,080 passing yards for the year.  My "too optimistic" prediction on receiving yards (dependent on good health, I know)  -- per player it will be:

Devonta Smith -- 1,000 yards

Reagor -- 700 yards

Ertz -- 550 yards

Goedert -- 550 yards

Quez Watkins -- 350 yards

Ward -- 300 yards

RB (Sanders/Gainwell/Scott) -- 630 yards

Roob is pretty famous for taking meaningless stats and info and creating something when nothing is there.  Guess he forgot about all the dead money Carson Wentz left behind in this calculation. 

Quarterback: I like the makeup of this group, and the biggest question surrounding the organization obviously is how good will Jalen Hurts be, and that will ultimately determine how good this position group is. But I like what the Eagles have done here. An exciting 23-year-old starter with a world of potential, an aging-but-still-effective former Super Bowl MVP at No. 2 and a third-stringer who’s started a bunch of games and played at a high level. And all this with a combined 2021 cap figure of $3.8 million, which gives the Eagles the third-lowest QB payroll in the NFL. And there’s flexibility here since Flacco is on a one-year deal and Minshew signed at minimum wage through 2022. Minshew will likely be No. 2 next year, and if Hurts does falter you have a 25-year-old with 37 career TDs and 11 INTs waiting in the wings.

3 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

:offtopic:

My nominee for the year's most rediculous performative piece of Wokeism: 

image.png.7080d222fc5cbd868636ad3e8817846b.png

The bad grammar movement?  

21 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Roob is pretty famous for taking meaningless stats and info and creating something when nothing is there.  Guess he forgot about all the dead money Carson Wentz left behind in this calculation. 

Quarterback: I like the makeup of this group, and the biggest question surrounding the organization obviously is how good will Jalen Hurts be, and that will ultimately determine how good this position group is. But I like what the Eagles have done here. An exciting 23-year-old starter with a world of potential, an aging-but-still-effective former Super Bowl MVP at No. 2 and a third-stringer who’s started a bunch of games and played at a high level. And all this with a combined 2021 cap figure of $3.8 million, which gives the Eagles the third-lowest QB payroll in the NFL. And there’s flexibility here since Flacco is on a one-year deal and Minshew signed at minimum wage through 2022. Minshew will likely be No. 2 next year, and if Hurts does falter you have a 25-year-old with 37 career TDs and 11 INTs waiting in the wings.

He is a dope.

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

The bad grammar movement?  

Well, the Woke already claim that science and mathematics are racist. Why not grammar?

Just now, Desertbirds said:

Well, the Woke already claim that science and mathematics are racist. Why not grammar?

e.e. cummings was a man ahead of his time.

So is that Dr lady from a left wing University and has some sort of book coming out soon or desire for more funding on something?  She fits the type

13 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

I find it amusing her last name is Manyguns.

47 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Best color commentators…. 

1. Collinsworth 

2. Romo 

3. Aikman 

3567532489. Phil Simms 

Collinsworth is God awful.  He used to be good years ago but has been really bad and increasingly bad for about 5 years now. 

I hope Aqib Talib gets to cover more Eagles games this year.  I really enjoyed him calling the Cardinals - Eagles game last season. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

e.e. cummings was a man ahead of his time.

Funny you should reference e. e. cummings.  Dr. Manyguns cites him as inspiration for her no caps campaign.

Apparently, Dr. Manyguns never really studied e. e. Cummings, for if she had, she would have discovered this little gem:

one day a n_______
caught in his hand
a little star no bigger
than not to understand

i’ll never let you go
until you’ve made me white”
so she did and now
stars shine at night.

13 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

This can't be real. 

45 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Best color commentators…. 

1. Collinsworth 

2. Romo 

3. Aikman 

3567532489. Phil Simms 

Glad to see I'm not the only who who likes Collinsworth. I think he's usually very good, although I will admit that he had some issues in SB52. He was particularly bad on the Ertz touchdown, not only completely failing to understand the catch rule but in the process also giving an entire nation the idea that it should have been overturned.

I thought Simms was pretty good early on, but he either started to mail it in at that point or it gradually became apparent to me that he's simply not a very bright human being. Whatever the case, I agree with the assertion that he's terrible.

Archived