EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

32 minutes ago, greend said:

Was that the "pretty big announcement?

Nope.  That was *shocker* a self-promoting tweet.  

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Waist bender.

I would defer to your analysis.  It seemed like that he finished blocks and was generally effective despite not looking that polished.  I think that's part of the problem with his size is that he was bending to reach down to the defender and he wasn't bending at the knees. He was off balance and  lost leverage but he didn't look silly because of it.   So he seemed to be moving his feet fairly well.  

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nope.  That was *shocker* a self-promoting tweet.  

41 minutes ago, greend said:

Was that the "pretty big announcement?

Big post coming soon!!! Like this post to hear it first!

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Those ESPN projections are always middle of the road.  It's ridiculous to believe that the worst team in the league will win 5 games and only 3 teams winning more than 10.  As usual with anything ESPN lately, this is irrelevant.  They should go back to covering social justice issues or worse.....soccer.  

I like soccer.  

Guest justrelax
10 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I would defer to your analysis.  It seemed like that he finished blocks and was generally effective despite not looking that polished.  I think that's part of the problem with his size is that he was bending to reach down to the defender and he wasn't bending at the knees. He was off balance and  lost leverage but he didn't look silly because of it.   So he seemed to be moving his feet fairly well.  

With good coaching he could be very good but he’s got to get his knees going. Right now he leans on guys but he doesn’t fire out snd he sets high. He’s so big he can get away with at that level.

6 minutes ago, justrelax said:

With good coaching he could be very good but he’s got to get his knees going. Right now he leans on guys but he doesn’t fire out snd he sets high. He’s so big he can get away with at that level.

Sounds like another project for Stoutland!

10 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Hmm, what team has an OC coach who's experienced coaching up big Aussie linemen?

Like any prospect, you have to find out about his coachability and work ethic - i think that's one of the things that makes Mailata special, he embraced the challenge.

NFL.com Prediction for the regular season in the NFCE.  LOL at O'Hara picking the Giants to win the division, and Zierlein picking Elliott to have a rebound season.

NFC EAST CHAMPS

Rank

Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys
+135

(19 votes: Battista, Bergman, Bhanpuri, Brandt, Chadiha, Filice, Goodbread, Grant, Jones-Drew, Parr, Patra, Pioli, Reuter, Rosenthal, Ross, Schein, Sessler, Shook, Zierlein)

2. Washington Football Team (+225) | 9 votes: Baldinger, Blair, Carr, Cersosimo, Hall, Hanzus, Rank, Smith, Thomas

3. New York Giants (+400) | 1 vote: O'Hara

Why Lance Zierlein chose the Cowboys: Not only is Dak Prescott back in the fold with a trio of dangerous wideouts, but a slimmer, quicker Ezekiel Elliott will be right by his side. There is no doubt the offense will be quite potent this season, but the addition of rookie linebacker Micah Parsons should not be overlooked. The No. 12 overall pick's talent and explosiveness could be the difference-maker in Dallas ultimately winning the division.

Guest justrelax
39 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Hmm, what team has an OC coach who's experienced coaching up big Aussie linemen?

Like any prospect, you have to find out about his coachability and work ethic - i think that's one of the things that makes Mailata special, he embraced the challenge.

Faalele has previous and current experience and has been coached, though how well is unknown to me. In some ways it might be harder for Stoutland to coach him if he has to break him of old habits. Mailata didn't have any.

20 minutes ago, greend said:

Falcons 32- Eagles 5

I don't care if nobody is tracking this. It's tradition. 

Safety in game 1?

Considering the upcoming 2021 season only, how many teams in the entire NFL are better along the offensive and defensive lines (depth included) than the Eagles? 5? How many on the Eagles' 2021 schedule of opponents?

This is the fantasy football time of year when everyone forgets about the trenches. Even if Hurts is only slightly better this year the Birds should be very competitive. I feel very good about a 10-7 finish and it wouldn't be surprising to me at all if they win a division where every team has very clear weaknesses. 

29 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

NFL.com Prediction for the regular season in the NFCE.  LOL at O'Hara picking the Giants to win the division, and Zierlein picking Elliott to have a rebound season.

NFC EAST CHAMPS

Rank

Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys
+135

(19 votes: Battista, Bergman, Bhanpuri, Brandt, Chadiha, Filice, Goodbread, Grant, Jones-Drew, Parr, Patra, Pioli, Reuter, Rosenthal, Ross, Schein, Sessler, Shook, Zierlein)

2. Washington Football Team (+225) | 9 votes: Baldinger, Blair, Carr, Cersosimo, Hall, Hanzus, Rank, Smith, Thomas

3. New York Giants (+400) | 1 vote: O'Hara

Why Lance Zierlein chose the Cowboys: Not only is Dak Prescott back in the fold with a trio of dangerous wideouts, but a slimmer, quicker Ezekiel Elliott will be right by his side. There is no doubt the offense will be quite potent this season, but the addition of rookie linebacker Micah Parsons should not be overlooked. The No. 12 overall pick's talent and explosiveness could be the difference-maker in Dallas ultimately winning the division.

It will be a good NFL season if the Cowboys implode.  

The personality does matter because leadership does matter. It's not going to make a 4-13 team into a 13-4 team, but it might make a 7-10 team into a 10-7 team.

It's not just Sirianni, Michaels at TE coach coaching up Jackson and breaking through to Ertz, Stoutland of course, etc. You just don't get an "a-hole" vibe from this coaching staff.

I thought this team underachieved last year, injuries were one reason, but failure to coach up young players also contributed.

We'll see how many young players take a step up this year.

Sirianni is a good guy. You can easily understand why he got hired and why people like him. He was objectively a good WRs coach. OC is less sure because how much of the offense was his vs. Reich's.

Can he be a good HC? If he wins 8-9 games with this roster, yup. IMO, he should be able to get 5-6 with this. Below that I'd be worried.

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Doug Pederson was a players coach and wasn't an A Hole....

Bill Belicheck is a Grade A, All American A-Hole.....

What's your point?  

Pioli drafted Brady

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Tallest midge.  Good for them.  I’d rather we continue to rebuild and win it the right way.  Not with a 7-9 record.  But I’m sure the fan bases of all 3 of those teams would celebrate it.  

It’s impressive the eagles were the only team to not get a vote in the worst division in football. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s impressive the eagles were the only team to not get a vote in the worst division in football. 

Couldn't even get a damn Baldinger sympathy vote

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Faalele has previous and current experience and has been coached, though how well is unknown to me. In some ways it might be harder for Stoutland to coach him if he has to break him of old habits. Mailata didn't have any.

th?id=OIP.KehxZ9zQUj9lw0LVpOV6gwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=169

59 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

perfect 

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I deleted my quote.  No reason to get him in trouble.  

Get who in trouble?

For who?  For what?

3 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Big post coming soon!!! Like this post to hear it first!

@LeanMeanGM liked it before I could... so does that mean I won't hear it first?

Archived