EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, dukebowden said:

Considering the upcoming 2021 season only, how many teams in the entire NFL are better along the offensive and defensive lines (depth included) than the Eagles? 5? How many on the Eagles' 2021 schedule of opponents?

This is the fantasy football time of year when everyone forgets about the trenches. Even if Hurts is only slightly better this year the Birds should be very competitive. I feel very good about a 10-7 finish and it wouldn't be surprising to me at all if they win a division where every team has very clear weaknesses. 

Is this a prediction or no?

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Speaking of the Cowboys.....I have no idea what this poster (idbleedgreen1990) is talking about.  Saying he would want to get Cam to block him from going to Dallas and then saying he would cause problems in Dallas. :huh:  Oh...and the gem that he said something nice about Hurts so that should be a reason to bring him in.  

:wacko:

crack-drugs.gif

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

th?id=OIP.KehxZ9zQUj9lw0LVpOV6gwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=169

Story of my life...

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

someone said ...

I know... I deleted my quoted post of a quoted post...  all the evidence was gone... until you posted...

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Story of my life...

I know... I deleted my quoted post of a quoted post...  all the evidence was gone... until you posted...

Posted what? What was the word?

Say it. 

32 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

@LeanMeanGM liked it before I could... so does that mean I won't hear it first?

Yes - also more news is on the way. 

26 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Posted what? What was the word?

Say it. 

:nonono:   Investigate it yourself.  :P 

36 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

@LeanMeanGM liked it before I could... so does that mean I won't hear it first?

It was just a final courtesy call to let me know my cars extended warranty is set to expire 

25 minutes ago, dukebowden said:

Sure! 10-7.

4for4EaglesNest 7-10
Ace Nova 10-7
Bacarty2 6-11
BWestbrook36 7-10
Casey @ Bat 7-10
Connceticut Eagle 10-7
dawkdaballhawk 10-7
DEagle7 8-9
DeathByEagle 6-11
Desertbirds 0-16-1
devpool 5-12
Diehardfan 7-10
Doc S. 10-7
downundermike 7-10
dukebowden 10-7
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles 6-11
e-a-g-l-e-s eagles pain
eaglelen 9-8
EaglePhan1986 5-11-1
EaglesfanfromND 6-11
eaglesflyers#1 10-7
FranklinFldEBUpper 10-7
Freshmilk 11-6
Godfather 7-10
Green_Guiness 6-11
greend 8-9
Han Solo 9-8
HazeltonEagle 5-12
hputenis 7-10
Iggles_Phan 5-12
justrelax 9-8
jwill2420 6-11
LeanMeanGM 7-10
mihailo 8-9
Mike030270 4-13
Mike31mt 9-8
MillerTime 10-7
myerstheman 6-11
NCIggles 8-9
NCTANK 10-7
pallidrone 10-7
PhillyMG 6-11
RemembertheKoy 10-7
RLC 6-11
Saltpeter 8-9
Swoop 6-11
ToastJenkins 5-12
TorontoEagle 9-8
Utebird 8-9
Veejer 8-9
vikas83 8-9
vsptroops 7-10
we_gotta_believe 6-11
Wentz_Era 3-14
WentzFan11 10-7
Westbrook#36 7-10
What the F 5-11-1

Given the recent surge of optimists, I've had to restructure the tally calculations.   Mode has jumped to 10!  Mean is slowly climbing up, and the Median remains fixed at 7 (for now).

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 2.06.03 PM.png

@Iggles_Phan

While I am tempted to post my usual prediction of 20-0, I just cannot do it this year.

I think Hurts and this offense will surprise some.  Solid running game and some more thought out routes.  This should be a fun year to review the All 22.  That will show the subtle adjustments on routes through the game.  It should also show us speed to read and accuracy.  Hurts has Minshew staring at his back but I think he handles the pressure just fine.  Just not sure if he speeds up his reads and doesn’t break down and trust his legs more than his eyes. That said, it greatly depends on health.  

The defense is woefully thin. The DL has some age.   Injury can disrupt.  I expect a bend don’t break defense with more zone than I like.  The lack of tackling in the PS concerns me.  We will see what kind of wunderkind Gannon will be.

That first stretch looks brutal and I doubt the rebound.  I am thinking two wins to the halfway point and four after that.  Put me down for 6-10. Just bad enough so Lurie fires Howie.  Lurie realizes that Howie wins at one year free agent contracts but not at real talent selection and goes the route of bending toward talent development that fits the best of his coaching staff.  Eagles fans are ecstatic at seeing tha accountant leave and the beats report it is almost as though they won the Super Bowl in 2021.  A popular new verse to a familiar song begins with "Bye, Howie, Bye”

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

@Iggles_Phan

While I am tempted to post my usual prediction of 20-0, I just cannot do it this year.

I think Hurts and this offense will surprise some.  Solid running game and some more thought out routes.  This should be a fun year to review the All 22.  That will show the subtle adjustments on routes through the game.  It should also show us speed to read and accuracy.  Hurts has Minshew staring at his back but I think he handles the pressure just fine.  Just not sure if he speeds up his reads and doesn’t break down and trust his legs more than his eyes. That said, it greatly depends on health.  

The defense is woefully thin. The DL has some age.   Injury can disrupt.  I expect a bend don’t break defense with more zone than I like.  The lack of tackling in the PS concerns me.  We will see what kind of wunderkind Gannon will be.

That first stretch looks brutal and I doubt the rebound.  I am thinking two wins to the halfway point and four after that.  Put me down for 6-10. Just bad enough so Lurie fires Howie.  Lurie realizes that Howie wins at one year free agent contracts but not at real talent selection and goes the route of bending toward talent development that fits the best of his coaching staff.  Eagles fans are ecstatic at seeing tha accountant leave and the beats report it is almost as though they won the Super Bowl in 2021.  A popular new verse to a familiar song begins with "Bye, Howie, Bye”

You might need to revise that prediction, unless you are predicting a shortened season?  lol

42 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Story of my life...

Oh...

Well its really not such a big deal that a big cover up is needed. 

Language like that is frequent on these boards. Its not going to get mod punishment. He would only get admonished by maybe a few posters in this thread.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Oh...

Well its really not such a big deal that a big cover up is needed. 

Language like that is frequent on these boards. Its not going to get mod punishment. He would only get admonished by maybe a few posters in this thread.

Well, it wasn't my suggestion that he delete it... but I figured I'd remove the trace and then feign ignorance.   

3 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Safety in game 1?

We're so bad they deduct a point when we miss the extra point

18 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You might need to revise that prediction, unless you are predicting a shortened season?  lol

Ha. We call it quits after 16?  Actually I was pondering game 17:and whether that would be a view younger players game as opposed to a real competition as I wrote that.  Decided former. 6-11.

Everyone enjoy the holiday weekend.

"The running back really popped Virgin as he went through the hole!"

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

someone said queer

It was me. I was being sarcastic messing with 4for4 like I do on the daily and I thought it’d get filtered out and it didn’t. 

I’ve said way worse things on here but I deleted it. 

Archived