EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Then why bother putting him on the PS?

Current rules make him available to get elevated from the PS to the game day roster without having to be on the 53.  Thus you can keep the guys you care the most about protected on the 53.

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

I can see it now. Hurts completes 54% of his passes in a 17 point loss where he fumbles twice.

"Well, he didn't play much this preseason!"

Spoiler alert, it's week 7.

He's only 23!

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Current rules make him available to get elevated from the PS to the game day roster without having to be on the 53.  Thus you can keep the guys you care the most about protected on the 53.

I know, he was talking about putting Howard permanently on the 53 because their is one spot open still. If that was the plan there would have been no reason to put him on the PS for a day. He's already on the PS, he should just stay there. 

15 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

So how are we going to consistently misspell this name?

Chacheres?  Cachar?  Checkerz?

Charo

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I know, he was talking about putting Howard permanently on the 53 because their is one spot open still 

Similar thinking.  Howard doesn't seem like someone that would be snatched up off our PS by another team.  Whereas a player with some potential at a more critical position than RB would make better use of that last spot on the roster.

Andre Chachere is revenge for the Togiai claim last year.

Someone in Philly just call him and Dillard, Chillards and be done with. Can't be bothered to learn 2 difference names, merge them together and call them a bust. Best way to do it

21 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Sounds like a CB/S rotational guy.

"Chachere initially made the 53-man roster as a versatile piece in the secondary and like rotational safety behind starters Khari Willis and Julian Blackmon. He had a strong preseason and could be a candidate for the practice squad"

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/01/indianapolis-colts-roster-moves-marvell-tell-andre-chachere-waived/

Quite a journeyman in three years, five teams.  UDFA then a practice squad guy. Decent speed and agility but NFL skills.  Not sure he even meets the defined version of JAG.  Depth with experience with Gannon last year.  Place holder pick up of a #5 DB that was replaced by another team’s cut. 

7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Quite a journeyman in three years, five teams.  UDFA then a practice squad guy. Decent speed and agility but NFL skills.  Not sure he even meets the defined version of JAG.  Depth with experience with Gannon last year.  Place holder pick up of a #5 DB that was replaced by another team’s cut. 

Definitely not. He's never even played a real snap. 

It's funny. So many people were crying for the Eagles to claim someone on waivers who had been cut by another team, and were upset when they didn't. And now that they did, they're still not happy. "He's not good enough!" 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I've read this a few times... I don't see how this is 'high praise'.  While this writer thought he would make the team due to versatility, the team disagreed.   Who to believe?  

I like that they are bringing in another CB though.   Not the Al Harris find I was hoping for though, but that was always a long shot.

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Yup.  Likely brought in less for his ability and more for his familiarity with Gannon... and vice versa.  The Eagles didn't feel it was necessary to claim the CBs that the Colts preferred to this guy, but this guy is considered better than those 2?   I don't think so.  Just a familiarity thing.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why have they cut him from the PS?

They had two spots open and signed three players today. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup.  Likely brought in less for his ability and more for his familiarity with Gannon... and vice versa.  The Eagles didn't feel it was necessary to claim the CBs that the Colts preferred to this guy, but this guy is considered better than those 2?   I don't think so.  Just a familiarity thing.

You're a hard, hard man bro...  what has this place done to you...  😄

5 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It's funny. So many people were crying for the Eagles to claim someone on waivers who had been cut by another team, and were upset when they didn't. And now that they did, they're still not happy. "He's not good enough!" 

Not sure I'd say he's not good enough.  We know that our current CBs behind the starters aren't really good enough.  The likes of Craig James and Josiah Scott might not be as good as this guy.  But, I fear they brought him in due to his familiarity with the defense more than anything else.  

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

The likes of Craig James and Josiah Scott might not be as good as this guy.

Scott has been placed on IR hasn't he? So even if he was as good he's unavailable for a period of time. 

1 minute ago, Veejer said:

You're a hard, hard man bro...  what has this place done to you...  😄

Hard to say.  I'm a grumpy old man now, i guess.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Scott has been placed on IR hasn't he? So even if he was as good he's unavailable for a period of time. 

Yes... that's why one of the spots is available.   And the Eagles didn't want to expose him to waivers, despite the injury.   They seem to like him.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Hard to say.  I'm a grumpy old man now, i guess.

Now, harken back to when you had a more reasonable outlook...  You say about Chachere "brought in less for his ability and more for his familiarity with Gannon"...  wouldn't his ability be exactly the thing Gannon would be familiar with?

Archived