EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Veejer said:

Now, harken back to when you had a more reasonable outlook...  You say about Chachere "brought in less for his ability and more for his familiarity with Gannon"...  wouldn't his ability be exactly the thing Gannon would be familiar with?

We have terrible depth at CB and S. Chachere might be terrible too, but there’s value if he can be a JAG at two spots. 

Great we brought in a faster, but worse Mills. I'll start the parade.

By the way I'm coining his nickname as Cha Cha Slide or CCS for short.

1 minute ago, Veejer said:

Now, harken back to when you had a more reasonable outlook...  You say about Chachere "brought in less for his ability and more for his familiarity with Gannon"...  wouldn't his ability be exactly the thing Gannon would be familiar with?

Sure.  And Gannon likes his ability within his system enough to want him to fill the hole created by Scott going to IR.  I'm not negative about the move.  I am just not overly optimistic about it.  Lots of coaches bring in 'their' guys when they get jobs.  Andy Reid brought Doug Pederson with him to Philadelphia to play QB, not because of Doug's ability as a QB, but because of his familiarity with the system.  Doug was brought in as a player to make practice run easier in installing the offense Andy wanted, to be a place holder for the QB that Andy really wanted to have play, etc.  He wasn't brought in because he was the best QB available to win games.  I don't see this as that much different.  It's a good thing to have some players on the roster that are more familiar with the schemes of the coach, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the player is actually the best one for that position in the games.  And I don't think that this move is as much about increasing the talent level of the team, but about increasing the scheme IQ of the team.  

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

We have terrible depth at CB and S. Chachere might be terrible too, but there’s value if he can be a JAG at two spots. 

Also true.  And he's a 6' tall CB.  Of course, the other CBs claimed by the Colts to free up "Charo" were also big CBs... taller, in fact, than Chachere, but perhaps less versatile.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yea, versatility is always, always preferred at the back-end of a roster, given a reasonably equal level of skill/ability... 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I am just not overly optimistic about it.

There really isn't any reason for optimism in general for this team, given a complete overhaul in the coaching staff, and an unknown quantity at QB...  which is why, when polled, most Bloggers fell into the 5 to 7/8 wins column...

No matter how we try to temper our expectations, we still view each and every move with a very critical eye...  we always let our hopes out-gun our sense of what we really know...

And that's fine...

Just now, Veejer said:

There really isn't any reason for optimism in general for this team, given a complete overhaul in the coaching staff, and an unknown quantity at QB...  which is why, when polled, most Bloggers fell into the 5 to 7/8 wins column...

No matter how we try to temper our expectations, we still view each and every move with a very critical eye...  we always let our hopes out-gun our sense of what we really know...

And that's fine...

I'm the one cataloguing the predictions.   And I am one of the ones at 5.

But, I always have the hope for more and better.  I hope for a good draft every year, and am usually disappointed.  Then I twist myself into a knot trying to see what they saw.  I stopped doing that after last year's draft.  

39 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There's the PS move

That seems like a move that Gannon must have some influence on the team making. 

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup.  Likely brought in less for his ability and more for his familiarity with Gannon... and vice versa.  The Eagles didn't feel it was necessary to claim the CBs that the Colts preferred to this guy, but this guy is considered better than those 2?   I don't think so.  Just a familiarity thing.

Or Gannon might think he's talented and an upgrade on what they currently have.  

Just now, NCiggles said:

Or Gannon might think he's talented and an upgrade on what they currently have.  

That is always a possibility.  

So the big news coming today was signing a 3 year with 3 different teams PS player

SOLID

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Isn't that the same room the batmobile was kept in in dark knight???

I think thats the new Batman, that sparkly Twilight dork

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That is always a possibility.  

I'm optimistic this time of year. 

Just now, NCiggles said:

I'm optimistic this time of year. 

I envy you.   I am not.   I want to be, but can't muster it right now.   Maybe if I saw anything in the preseason to change the last taste in my mouth from last year, but I didn't see anything to change that.

I'll give you something to be optimistic about...

Minshew rocking a tank top jersey. Lets gooooo. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I'll give you something to be optimistic about...

Minshew rocking a tank top jersey. Lets gooooo. 

My 14 year old son has more muscle mass. Looks like the next check down Sammy

Archived