EMB Blog: Fantasy League

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

redditch raiders.

I think it’s OK, 

But now that I went and looked at it, you’re the freaking jerk that stole four guys I had in my queue during the draft.

13 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

If CMC stays healthy, think I'll be competitive throughout the season.

So you'll be a rollover starting Week 3

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s the same rankings from last season.  It said the same thing before the draft started.  Means zilch.  

Oh it means a ton, not only am I a baller fantasy GM, but I follow that up with my best round of golf ever.

I will out draft Howie, and then thrash him on the links.

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s the same rankings from last season.  It said the same thing before the draft started.  Means zilch.  

Pretty sure I remember being last or second to last, last year and ended up winning it all. Don't like that I'm 3rd now.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Pretty sure I remember being last or second to last, last year and ended up winning it all. Don't like that I'm 3rd now.

I don’t really like my team nor the 6th pick if that makes you feel more confident lol

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t really like my team nor the 6th pick if that makes you feel more confident lol

I still don't know why I took 2 Jets and Tyler Lockett back to back to back. I was sitting there and saying to myself "what the F am I even doing?"

Garrett Wilson was a complete mistake pick too. I thought I was taking Michael Carter but made a mistake.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I still don't know why I took 2 Jets and Tyler Lockett back to back to back. I was sitting there and saying to myself "what the F am I even doing?"

Garrett Wilson was a complete mistake pick too. I thought I was taking Michael Carter but made a mistake.

Lockett kills me every year in fantasy. It’s like clockwork. He’ll be struggling then hit 30 on me. Lol. 

i had 3 guys i wanted taken  the pick right before mine each time. It’s one thing if they get taken but hurts that much more when it’s going to be my next pick and it’s the guy right before me that gets them. Lol. 

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe you should have gone to the golf course ??

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lockett kills me every year in fantasy. It’s like clockwork. He’ll be struggling then hit 30 on me. Lol. 

i had 3 guys i wanted taken  the pick right before mine each time. It’s one thing if they get taken but hurts that much more when it’s going to be my next pick and it’s the guy right before me that gets them. Lol. 

Happened to me a bunch last night too. Really wanted Mahomes Round 4, but Beast took him a pick before. Settled with Brady, which was a reach there but figured there'd be a run on QBs before my pick came back around.

4 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Happened to me a bunch last night too. Really wanted Mahomes Round 4, but Beast took him a pick before. Settled with Brady, which was a reach there but figured there'd be a run on QBs before my pick came back around.

Yeah that’s why I took hurts when I did because I knew there was gonna be a run. That’s what happened last year and I wound up having to go with Derek Carr for half the year. Which wasn’t that bad. Especially this year. In fantasy I’ve learned running quarterbacks even if they aren’t great actual quarterbacks  is really the way to go. Plus with how easy the eagles schedule is I have a feeling Jalen hurts and Fantasy is going to wind up being a top three quarterback. Plus besides wanting the Eagles to win it gives me an extra incentive to cheer for him to do well.

• Like 2

I figured us in the fantasy league would appreciate this tweet 

• Haha 2

ESPN chat thing is dumb. Wouldnt let me post a pic even though it looked like it was letting me post a pic.

@schuy7 lets get some trophies going.

TrophySmack 26"-56" Fantasy Life Loser Unicorn Fantasy Football Trophy

TrophySmack 26"-56" Perpetual Fantasy Football Trophy - Gold Football

10 hours ago, schuy7 said:

ESPN might've gotten rid of them. Feel free to post them here though. 🤘🏻

youre supposed to buy them for the league. the ones I posted are from trophysmack.com. Saw it on shark tank. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

If someone is interested in trading away a QB, I'd love to trade for one. Just lost Dak. 

@4for4EaglesNest
@HazletonEagle

You guys have a QB on your bench I'd be interested in. I'll listen to offers from anyone.

Wentz might be available for the right price.

My team might be a complete dumpster fire already. I blame it on drafting 10th though. Has absolutely nothing to do with me!

• Haha 2

Just now, schuy7 said:

My team might be a complete dumpster fire already. I blame it on drafting 10th though. Has absolutely nothing to do with me!

Tough break with Prescott.

And that obviously devalues Lamb as well.

• Like 1

I'm guessing this is as good of a "HELP ME MAKE A DECISION" place as any vs starting a new thread....

Looking for opinions.  In my money league, I have the following WR and TE situation where we play 3 WR and 1 TE (plus 1 flex):

Healthy

WR    DJ Moore, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Thomas
TE    Logan Thomas, Evan Engram

IR\Suspended
WR    DeAndre Hopkins, Jameson Williams

We start 3 WRs, so a light breeze tweaking Thomas sinks me until Hopkins or Williams comes back.  And I waited until my second to last pick to pick up Evan Engram and I picked up Thomas in FA.  So I'm looking for both a backup WR and upgrade at TE (Engram).  There were some interesting drops:

Tyler Lockett

Dawson Knox

David Njoku

I was curious how you all would prioritize the Add\drops.  On one hand, I would think having two middle tier TE's I can play the matchup game would be more important than a short term backup WR, but Lockett is a talent that people are low on given his quiet week 1.