EMB Blog: Fantasy League

Connecticut Eagle

I think we're going to move to FAAB (free agent budget) instead of waivers. Each team will have a $200 cap on the amount they can spend during the season on free agent adds. I think it's way better than plain waivers or just first come, first serve. It gives each team equal shot at every player and allows for more strategy. We'll have that limited for only the first day after the Monday night game and then allow for free adds later in the week to make for easy roster management while dealing with injuries and all that.

I think we only had 1 IR spot last year. We'll definitely increase that to 3 this year.

Draft will probably be like a week before the season, so maybe like the Thursday before. Currently set for September 1 at 7:30 eastern. We can move it to fit everyone's schedules.

All suggestions welcome.

Maybe we could add some fun winner and loser stakes as well.

• Like 2

Did we change the fractional point issue? Where we are having all fractional points. I know we wanted to change that. 

also how many playoff teams? I’m for 8 making it. I just think makes for more chaos. 

Can we also have whoever finishes in last place has to do something the winner of the league wants (within reason)

Divisions were randomized last year by the system. I'm thinking of rearranging them according to last year's records to balance them out, or I could find some randomizer online and go with that.

As for draft order, last year we did random and could roll with that again unless someone has any other ideas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Did we change the fractional point issue? Where we are having all fractional points. I know we wanted to change that. 

also how many playoff teams? I’m for 8 making it. I just think makes for more chaos. 

Can we also have whoever finishes in last place has to do something the winner of the league wants (within reason)

I'm down for exact scoring. It's a bit of a pain to set in the settings, but I'll do that before the season.

I like less playoff teams to be honest. It makes for a more important regular season. Last year was already pretty chaotic with a 6-win team taking over and winning it all. I think 6 teams made the playoffs last year? I don't even remember. I'll check the settings for that too. I'm open to changing it if enough people want that, but I prefer less teams so the regular season matters more.

Definitely down for a last place punishment and a winner prize of some sort. Maybe someone can get creative with that.

EDIT: Yeah, we had 8 playoff teams last year. I think I'll change to 6 for now and see how that goes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, schuy7 said:

I'm down for exact scoring. It's a bit of a pain to set in the settings, but I'll do that before the season.

I like less playoff teams to be honest. It makes for a more important regular season. Last year was already pretty chaotic with a 6-win team taking over and winning it all. I think 6 teams made the playoffs last year? I don't even remember. I'll check the settings for that too. I'm open to changing it if enough people want that, but I prefer less teams so the regular season matters more.

Definitely down for a last place punishment and a winner prize of some sort. Maybe someone can get creative with that.

EDIT: Yeah, we had 8 playoff teams last year. I think I'll change to 6 for now and see how that goes.

Winner can put 2022 EMB blog champion is his signature, Last place has to put up a signature or change avatar to whatever the champ chooses. Must leave open signature or avatar till Traning camp next season failure to comply results in losing your spot next season. Just an idea to make it more fun. 

• Like 1

Confirmed

Looks like everyone is good to be back sans DireWolf who is being replaced by jwill. Scoring has been updated for more exact scoring, ie decimals. Divisions have been changed according to last season's regular season record to balance them out. 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 placed teams in one division and 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 in the other division. j'will's expansion team assumed the lowest spot. I'm thinking we'll go with 6 playoff teams as opposed to 8 and the top two seeds will get byes. Each team will have $200 budget for free agents. That window to place bids for adds is only for Tuesday at the beginning of each week. Players get awarded Wednesday morning. After that, adds are free (or $1 I'm not totally sure yet) and there's no bidding. It's just first come, first serve. Draft is still set for Sep 1 at 7:30pm ET with random draft order.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Didn’t the 8 seed win our whole thing last year?

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup, basically

21 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yup, basically

I didn’t think anyone expected that. That’s why i like the 8 seed being in there. Gives you a chance as long as you get in. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I didn’t think anyone expected that. That’s why i like the 8 seed being in there. Gives you a chance as long as you get in. 

To me, that's more of a reason to have less teams make the playoffs. It's one thing to string together 3 wins in the playoffs to win a title, but it's a whole other thing to have a strong record during the whole season to deserve making the playoffs. There's a lot of luck in fantasy football, and I think having less teams make the playoffs would take some of that out of it. But I'm open to it. If a couple other people also want 8 teams in the playoffs again, we can do that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

image.gif.fd17405255753270ce09d6bb5f84d138.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

6th seed.  Some A Hole

@LeanMeanGM

You’re all welcome for not letting that A Hole direwolf win it all 

• Like 1

Free agent budgets have been changed from $200 to $100. The number doesn't really matter. I'm just going with 100 because that's what the system recommends. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @schuy7 I have decided to drop out of this league. I’m in quite a few money leagues and have a lot going on with work. I just won’t be able to fully commit to it this year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Hey @schuy7 I have decided to drop out of this league. I’m in quite a few money leagues and have a lot going on with work. I just won’t be able to fully commit to it this year.

Thanks for the update

9 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I'm down

Cool, I'll send you an invite via DM. I think you'll be able to join by taking over Team 16 or whatever the number is.

On 7/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, schuy7 said:

Looks like everyone is good to be back sans DireWolf who is being replaced by jwill. Scoring has been updated for more exact scoring, ie decimals. Divisions have been changed according to last season's regular season record to balance them out. 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 placed teams in one division and 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 in the other division. j'will's expansion team assumed the lowest spot. I'm thinking we'll go with 6 playoff teams as opposed to 8 and the top two seeds will get byes. Each team will have $200 budget for free agents. That window to place bids for adds is only for Tuesday at the beginning of each week. Players get awarded Wednesday morning. After that, adds are free (or $1 I'm not totally sure yet) and there's no bidding. It's just first come, first serve. Draft is still set for Sep 1 at 7:30pm ET with random draft order.

I restructured the divisions again to account for MillerTime leaving the league and SaltPeter joining. I used this same method though.^^^

Draft is just over two weeks away. We're set for September 1 at 7:30 pm ET. Tagging everyone as a reminder. Let me know asap if something comes up. Draft order is determined by ESPN an hour before the draft starts.

@HazletonEagle
@4for4EaglesNest
@Iggles25
@Original Sin
@downundermike
@jwill2420
@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!
@Connecticut Eagle
@LeanMeanGM
@rrfierce
@Saltpeter

• Like 8

Think I’ll just auto draft and not set my lineup at all this season then just clean house the last 4 weeks of the season 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Draft is just over two weeks away. We're set for September 1 at 7:30 pm ET. Tagging everyone as a reminder. Let me know asap if something comes up. Draft order is determined by ESPN an hour before the draft starts.

@HazletonEagle
@4for4EaglesNest
@Iggles25
@Original Sin
@downundermike
@jwill2420
@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!
@Connecticut Eagle
@LeanMeanGM
@rrfierce
@Saltpeter

Can we have it earlier ? That’s like 1:30 am my time 

7 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Can we have it earlier ? That’s like 1:30 am my time 

Probably not a lot earlier since people will be working and then just getting home etc. I could only see moving it up an hour earlier at most. I understand if it doesn't work for you. You could always set your rankings before the draft and auto-draft if necessary.