DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #10!

HazletonEagle

10 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

I think the Giants take him. 

Let them. He's a stick figure.

1 hour ago, AzBirdGang said:

I think the Giants take him. 

They just paid a WR big money, and still have Sterling and Slayton. Don't see a WR pick for them happening.

1 hour ago, AzBirdGang said:

Smith or Waddle please. 

Does Waddle complement Reagor though? I mean can both play the majority of snaps together?

On 3/26/2021 at 1:38 PM, Don Corleone said:

Well the Eagles aren't picking 6th anymore, will Smitty fall to 12? I'm not sure.

I think he's gone by 12.

I feel fairly confident in saying Lawrence, Fields, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson,  Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell will all go before him. 

He should be around at #8.  8-9-10-11 is Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants.  Cowboys won't take him. 

Will the Panthers, Broncos and Giants all pass on him?

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I think he's gone by 12.

I feel fairly confident in saying Lawrence, Fields, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson,  Ja'Marr Chase, Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell will all go before him. 

He should be around at #8.  8-9-10-11 is Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants.  Cowboys won't take him. 

No way Giants spend more resources on the skill position they would be insane if they did. Panthers maybe if none of the QBs fall to them and broncos who knows they just spent an early pick on a receiver last year but Drew Lock took a major step back in development. 

I think picks 4-5-6-7 are Pitts, Chase, Smith, and Waddle. I think one of the two OTs fall to us and Howie picks one of them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I think picks 4-5-6-7 are Pitts, Chase, Smith, and Waddle. I think one of the two OTs fall to us and Howie picks one of them.

I would not be unhappy with that.  Franchise OTs are hard to find and the line would look a lot better if we could plug in some elite young talent.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I would not be unhappy with that.  Franchise OTs are hard to find and the line would look a lot better if we could plug in some elite young talent.  

I guess it comes down to how the team views both Dillard and Mailata. If they really think that one of them can be a really good starter then they don't take an OT. But this is Howie and we know he loves to build through the lines.

19 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I think he's gone by 12.

I think the Giants are taking Parsons.

• Like 1

If smith is there at 12 you draft him and don’t look back! He is a top 5 player in this draft

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

If smith is there at 12 you draft him and don’t look back! He is a top 5 player in this draft

To 5? ehhh, feels borderline, you could certainly argue it. But I feel top 8 is more reasonable, I would probably go something like Lawrence, Chase, Pitts, Sewel, Parsons.

9 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

To 5? ehhh, feels borderline, you could certainly argue it. But I feel top 8 is more reasonable, I would probably go something like Lawrence, Chase, Pitts, Sewel, Parsons.

I think if you look at top 5 potential ya someone can make an argument for smith not being top 5. But if you look at consistency coupled with the talent Smith is easily one of the top 5 players in this draft. Size is terrible excuse by these analysts. Smith will ball in the NFL guaranteed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2021 at 7:03 AM, PoconoDon said:

I think the Giants are taking Parsons.

That has been my gut feeling as well (assuming he is still on the board).  Gut also says Dallas takes Surtain.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Isn't that what was said when we drafted Dillard?  He was widely recognized as one of the top 2 OTs in the 2019 draft and they were shocked he fell down to the early 20s and couldn't pass up the opportunity to move up a few spots for him?  He certainly hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet considering he missed all of 2020 due to the biceps injury.  At RT we're bound to Johnson (due to all the restructuring events) for at least 3 years.  I don't know, anything is possible with Howie, but if I had to guess we aren't going OT at 12.  I'd think a DE would come into play before an OT.  

59 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That has been my gut feeling as well (assuming he is still on the board).  Gut also says Dallas takes Surtain.  

He could go earlier but if he's there, then yes, I'd guess the Giants. There are strong connections to the Giants coaching staff and the HC took a trip to happy valley to meet with him personally (Checking the culture fit I think.) Reminds me of when Reid went to visit Desean personally to check the fit. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, time2rock said:

I think the Cowboys go with Horn. He is the splashier prospect and better athlete. 

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Surtain and think he is better, just think Horn is more of a Jerry pick than Surtain.

22 hours ago, time2rock said:

Isn't that what was said when we drafted Dillard?  He was widely recognized as one of the top 2 OTs in the 2019 draft and they were shocked he fell down to the early 20s and couldn't pass up the opportunity to move up a few spots for him?  He certainly hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet considering he missed all of 2020 due to the biceps injury.  At RT we're bound to Johnson (due to all the restructuring events) for at least 3 years.  I don't know, anything is possible with Howie, but if I had to guess we aren't going OT at 12.  I'd think a DE would come into play before an OT.  

I think he looked decent at LT, and I like how he bulked up. But maybe all the added muscle were a bit much in too short a timeframe.

I think Stout will get Dillard up to speed eventually.. 

On 4/12/2021 at 6:45 AM, Infam said:

I think he looked decent at LT, and I like how he bulked up. But maybe all the added muscle were a bit much in too short a timeframe.

I think Stout will get Dillard up to speed eventually.. 

I hope so, he doesn’t have a job at the firehouse waiting for him.

• Haha 1

I wouldnt want Waddle. Reminds me too much of Ruggs last year. A rec that relies to much on speed only to get open. I want a pure route runner. So if Smith and Waddle are on the board and I have to choose one , its Smith by a land slide for me. Id personally take Surtain or Horn before either of the WRs but if they are gone and I have to choose, its Smith. He might have a small frame but has that route tree to get open, nice hands and can make the tough contested catch. Speed to me is over rated. Its nice to have but you need more in the basket to get open in the NFL then just speed. Im tired of projects, just give me a guy who already has the polished route tree. 

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I wouldnt want Waddle. Reminds me too much of Ruggs last year. A rec that relies to much on speed only to get open. I want a pure route runner. So if Smith and Waddle are on the board and I have to choose one , its Smith by a land slide for me. Id personally take Surtain or Horn before either of the WRs but if they are gone and I have to choose, its Smith. He might have a small frame but has that route tree to get open, nice hands and can make the tough contested catch. Speed to me is over rated. Its nice to have but you need more in the basket to get open in the NFL then just speed. Im tired of projects, just give me a guy who already has the polished route tree. 

I like Waddle better than Ruggs, but I think Ruggs could be better after a season or two as well.

For me it's Smith > Waddle > Surtain > Horn, but I like all of them at 12 to be honest.

8 hours ago, Infam said:

For me it's Smith > Waddle > Surtain > Horn, but I like all of them at 12 to be honest.

Seems like all of us are getting to the same group of guys, with varying orders, but ultimately ready to be satisfied with any of them.

I think I'd take Surtain over Horn over Smith over Waddle.  But I have no real sense of insistent certainty there, and I'd be ok with any of them.

But unless Chase, Pitts, or Sewell is somehow incomprehensibly there at #12 (and assuming we don't take LB Parsons in the 1st), I want it to be one of those 4 guys.  I don't want Slater or Paye at that spot.  Both are fine prospects, but I don't see either one as a true standout.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

But unless Chase, Pitts, or Sewell is somehow incomprehensibly there at #12 (and assuming we don't take LB Parsons in the 1st), I want it to be one of those 4 guys.  I don't want Slater or Paye at that spot.  Both are fine prospects, but I don't see either one as a true standout.

Just some context:

I’m am confident to say Smith will be the best player on the board if he is still at #12

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I’m am confident to say Smith will be the best player on the board if he is still at #12

I think you're probably right there. That doesn't mean the Eagles will take him, doesn't even mean they have to but I think you're right.