MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

1 minute ago, paco said:

Sounds good.   And Jordan is the MVP?

Also, that lineup is $6 over  :sad: 

Sorry for the shoddy math. Take out Bananas and put in Bear. 

MVP I would go with Nelson. 

Paco - there is a website that literally tells you every single elimination and who wins/loses - not sure how you feel about cheating :lol: 

I prefer it!

• Haha 1

Nice....  so given that, I should change my roster.  Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, paco said:

Nice....  so given that, I should change my roster.  Any thoughts?

Spoiler

Well it seems Nelson is beating Bear in the next elimination so you def don't want Bear - question is, will it be on this episode or the next?

Jordan $22

Kyle $12

Bayleigh $12

Wes $25

Bear $20

I don’t like that I’m not using close to the $100.  I feel that Bear is being shown a lot recently on interviews.  Bayleigh has been shown more than she normally would, since Swaggy is in the game.  I figure she may get shown more since it’s a men’s elimination week and she’ll want to help out Swaggy.  Jordan is a must and Wes has been shown a lot.  Kyle makes awesome tv and is shown quite a bit, but may be the guy replaced if you want to get closer to $100.  Putting in Nelson instead wouldn’t be a bad pick. 

I’m giving it a try. 

5EADD845-5B72-443D-B392-32E658C390B6.png

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 4:49 PM, mikemack8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well it seems Nelson is beating Bear in the next elimination so you def don't want Bear - question is, will it be on this episode or the next?

Spoiler

Instead of Bear, who should I go with?  Rogan instead of Wes?

Here is what it looks like:

MVP Nelson
Jordan
Kyle
Rogan
Bananas

1 hour ago, paco said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Instead of Bear, who should I go with?  Rogan instead of Wes?

Here is what it looks like:

MVP Nelson
Jordan
Kyle
Rogan
Bananas

That's not a bad lineup

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:55 PM, Agent23 said:

I’m giving it a try. 

5EADD845-5B72-443D-B392-32E658C390B6.png

Ever since we went on lockdown and they started these contests and sim sports, I've been filling out every possible line up.  I'm up about $20 bucks.  (It also made watching "Bachelor: Listen to your heart" more bearable :lol: )

Part of me is thinking "I'm bankrolling for when the NFL season starts" and the other part of me is thinking "Is my time really worth 25 cents per hour?" :lol: 

Let me know how you do 🙂 

4 hours ago, paco said:

Ever since we went on lockdown and they started these contests and sim sports, I've been filling out every possible line up.  I'm up about $20 bucks.  (It also made watching "Bachelor: Listen to your heart" more bearable :lol: )

Part of me is thinking "I'm bankrolling for when the NFL season starts" and the other part of me is thinking "Is my time really worth 25 cents per hour?" :lol: 

Let me know how you do 🙂 

I bought $500 in DraftKings stock a couple weeks ago (wishing I did more lol). I'm "up" about $170 right now. That's about the most involved I have been in any sort of online gambling/fantasy/money-making.

5 hours ago, paco said:

Sweet.  Gonna win me another quarter!!!  (Thanks to @LeanMeanGM )

15% commission fee, it was in the fine print

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I bought $500 in DraftKings stock a couple weeks ago (wishing I did more lol). I'm "up" about $170 right now. That's about the most involved I have been in any sort of online gambling/fantasy/money-making.

I have a netflix story similar.  Kicking myself on the small amount I put in and the fact I pulled out when I doubled my money

• Like 1

Just now, paco said:

I have a netflix story similar.  Kicking myself on the small amount I put in and the fact I pulled out when I doubled my money

Man Netflix really sucked when it first started though - cool concept but they had almost no decent titles available.  Then it all of a sudden exploded when the streaming started

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Man Netflix really sucked when it first started though - cool concept but they had almost no decent titles available.  Then it all of a sudden exploded when the streaming started

They were smart early on when they held back on their various streaming plans.  One of them was to have a "box" that you could plug into your tv, select a movie, and D/L it overnight (I want to say via a modem, but I could be mistaken).  They decided while neat, people would more likely want on demand options and scrapped the plan.  

Got to give them credit.  Really hard to not be first to market and opt to have your first offering a more desirable solution (and thus, a better first impression)

• Like 1

108 out of 16,000+ 

35F1964F-BF31-4447-AF64-795B9DE0BC6B.jpeg

Loved the episode tonight, had quite a lot of laughs during it.  I really hate Josh, and always have, even from when he was on Big Brother.  He always plays the victim, but will try to dish it out, but then try to play the victim if he’s called out on it.

• Like 2

When did Jordan switch from being competitive to being a dick. Was discussing with wife how much we used to love him and now he’s intolerable. Also. LOLOL Kayla you skank

also is Josh getting free pass because no one wants to waste throwing him in and are waiting for him to be voted in so they can choose to face him?

1 hour ago, homerpat said:

When did Jordan switch from being competitive to being a dick. Was discussing with wife how much we used to love him and now he’s intolerable. Also. LOLOL Kayla you skank

also is Josh getting free pass because no one wants to waste throwing him in and are waiting for him to be voted in so they can choose to face him?

I’d do anything I could to have Josh run a final if I was competing against him 

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

108 out of 16,000+ 

35F1964F-BF31-4447-AF64-795B9DE0BC6B.jpeg

Nice!!!!!

I got 575th for 50 cents!  🙂

(Wes and Bear over Bananas and Rogan was the right move. So of course I went the other direction)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

I kinda think Jordan has always been a dick, he has some charm to him though so I think he does a good job of masking it/hiding it behind how competitive and skilled he is at this game. 

To go back to last season when Jordan won a tug of war contest with one hand, and the sledge hammer elimination as well - I remember thinking then "he def is a dick, but you have to respect how he does this crap with one hand" - re: last nights elimination these guys saw an opening and had to take it. And as Wes said you sorta feel bad, but then recall who this guy is and how he acts around the house and then ya dont as much.

Jordan dope things top of my head:

told Jemmye she looked like she has down syndrome back when she was still invited to these things

instigated fights with Turbo last season bc he was kicking props from the set/daily challenge

instigated argument with Wes this season bc Nelson and Corey had the turf uneven after running on it

Alright that's all I can come up with for now haha. But he also had bad beef with Nia from his Real World season too I recall, where she like sought out a gangsta from Portland she could pay to jump him, and then never went through with it. He def rubs people the wrong way, but that's why he's perfect for this game. Hopefully he keeps doing it and him and Tori aren't gonna do the happy family ride off into the sunset angle soon and want to be left alone. 

Oh and re: Josh yeah I would think thats most likely the mindset. These shows always tend to minimize the strategy to promote the drama so we miss out a lot on how the game works sometimes. I guess depending on who is in the tribunal, they can nominate people they think they can beat obviously, but in terms of the Wes/Josh rivalry and why didn't they go that way this week, there was just bigger fish to fry with wanting to get Jordan out first I guess. Had Jordan not been around maybe Wes says let me take out Josh here, or Bananas says the same re: someone else.