MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

12 hours ago, homerpat said:

When did Jordan switch from being competitive to being a dick. Was discussing with wife how much we used to love him and now he’s intolerable. Also. LOLOL Kayla you skank

also is Josh getting free pass because no one wants to waste throwing him in and are waiting for him to be voted in so they can choose to face him?

Definitely being saved by Wes/Bananas for a red skull.

I'd really like to root for Jordan because he's a pretty amazing competitor who does it all with 1 hand. He's just such a dick that he makes it impossible. Still, it was kind of sad that he got thrown into the worst competition possible against the worst opponent possible and got injured in the process.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, JBENT87 said:

I kinda think Jordan has always been a dick, he has some charm to him though so I think he does a good job of masking it/hiding it behind how competitive and skilled he is at this game. 

To go back to last season when Jordan won a tug of war contest with one hand, and the sledge hammer elimination as well - I remember thinking then "he def is a dick, but you have to respect how he does this crap with one hand" - re: last nights elimination these guys saw an opening and had to take it. And as Wes said you sorta feel bad, but then recall who this guy is and how he acts around the house and then ya dont as much.

Jordan dope things top of my head:

told Jemmye she looked like she has down syndrome back when she was still invited to these things

instigated fights with Turbo last season bc he was kicking props from the set/daily challenge

instigated argument with Wes this season bc Nelson and Corey had the turf uneven after running on it

Alright that's all I can come up with for now haha. But he also had bad beef with Nia from his Real World season too I recall, where she like sought out a gangsta from Portland she could pay to jump him, and then never went through with it. He def rubs people the wrong way, but that's why he's perfect for this game. Hopefully he keeps doing it and him and Tori aren't gonna do the happy family ride off into the sunset angle soon and want to be left alone. 

Oh and re: Josh yeah I would think thats most likely the mindset. These shows always tend to minimize the strategy to promote the drama so we miss out a lot on how the game works sometimes. I guess depending on who is in the tribunal, they can nominate people they think they can beat obviously, but in terms of the Wes/Josh rivalry and why didn't they go that way this week, there was just bigger fish to fry with wanting to get Jordan out first I guess. Had Jordan not been around maybe Wes says let me take out Josh here, or Bananas says the same re: someone else. 

i think that Gemmye comment was the first time he really let that fly on the challenge. he had a few years where he maybe had a chip on his shoulder but wasn’t a blatant POS like he is more recently. Gemmye is ugly trash, but yeah that was over the top

On 5/22/2020 at 5:05 PM, homerpat said:

i think that Gemmye comment was the first time he really let that fly on the challenge. he had a few years where he maybe had a chip on his shoulder but wasn’t a blatant POS like he is more recently. Gemmye is ugly trash, but yeah that was over the top

right just bc everyone is thinking it doesn't mean you have to say it lol 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 2:15 PM, paco said:

You guys watch this... maybe you can help me.  I got a free play daily on FanDuel for this.  I know nothing about this show.   Help me with my lineup.

The roster is 1 MVP who's score is increased by 50% and 4 other people.  You get $100 to spend on the 5 spots.

Scoring: 
2nd Place Daily Challenge (2PC)   1.5
Contestant Is Shown In Confessional (CFS)   0.4
Contestant Cries (Tears) (CRY)   1
Says A Word That Gets Censored (CURSE)   0.4
Disqualified From Daily Challenge (DQ)   -1
Eliminated (E)  -2
Contestant Hooks Up With Someone (HU)   1.5
Get Interrogated (INTR)   0.5
Contestant Quits (QUIT)   -2
Contestant Gets Sick On Air (SCK)    1.2
Contestant Talks Strategy On Air With Another (SGY)   0.8
Make The Tribunal (TRB)   1
Verbal Altercation Outside Of Challenges (VBL)   1.4
Vote Cast Against For Elimination (VE)   0.2
Win Daily Challenge (WC)   3
Win Elimination Challenge (WE)   4
Contestant Shown Working Out (WORK)   1

Got another free play, in case anyone wants to take a crack at my lineup

Nickname Last Name Salary
Johnny Bananas Bananas 27
Wes B 26
Dee N 24
Nelson Thomas 23
Kailah C 22
Jenna C 21
Nany Gonzales 20
Aneesa F 19
Jenny W 18
Rogan O 17
Fessy Shafaat 16
Josh M 15
Mattie B 14
Swaggy C Williams 14
Kyle C 14
Cory W 13
Bayleigh Dayton 13
Kaycee Clark 12
Melissa R 11
Big T Fazakerley 10

Gave it a shot:

Spoiler

C Johnny Bananas
Aneesa
Rogan
Jenna
Fessy

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, paco said:

Gave it a shot:

Hide contents

C Johnny Bananas
Aneesa
Rogan
Jenna
Fessy

My TV info makes it sound like a Dee heavy episode, if that helps.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My TV info makes it sound like a Dee heavy episode, if that helps.

Gotcha.  Changed it to

Spoiler

C Johnny Bananas
Aneesa
Rogan
Dee
BayLeigh

Maybe make Dee captain?

32 minutes ago, paco said:

Gotcha.  Changed it to

Reveal hidden contents

C Johnny Bananas
Aneesa
Rogan
Dee
BayLeigh

Maybe make Dee captain?

why are you posting your predictions in spoilers? Did you read spoilers and thats what you're basing your picks off of?

9 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

why are you posting your predictions in spoilers? Did you read spoilers and thats what you're basing your picks off of?

Mikemack gave me that link with the results, and one of my pick is based off that.  So I didn't want to ruin anything for anyone.

But outside results, I have no info.  So I dont know who is going to be featured.  Which is why I am asking you guys.  I need my quarters!

I won me a nickle.  Aneesa as captain would have been the way to go.

Also, let me know if I'm cluttering up the thread\annoying you guys with my stupid game.  I'll stop if I am.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paco said:

I won me a nickle.  Aneesa as captain would have been the way to go.

Also, let me know if I'm cluttering up the thread\annoying you guys with my stupid game.  I'll stop if I am.

Ain't bother me none

• Thanks 1

They already posted next weeks

First Name Last Name Salary
Johnny Bananas  $    31.00
Wes B  $    30.00
Nelson Thomas  $    29.00
Rogan O  $    28.00
Josh M  $    27.00
Faysal Shafaat  $    26.00
Cory W  $    25.00
Dee N  $    24.00
Chris Williams  $    23.00
Kyle C  $    22.00
Nany Gonzales  $    21.00
Aneesa F  $    20.00
Jennifer W  $    19.00
Bayleigh Dayton  $    18.00
Mattie B  $    17.00
Kaycee Clark  $    16.00
Melissa R  $    15.00

Any thoughts on tonight?

Just now, paco said:

Any thoughts on tonight?

I will be watching!

41 minutes ago, paco said:

Any thoughts on tonight?

Narrative wise, Josh is trending upwards. I would def get him involved/featured along with I guess Nelson who seems to be public enemy #1 in the house and is dumb as rocks so may be worth the shot throwing him in and hoping for a puzzle. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JBENT87 said:

Narrative wise, Josh is trending upwards. I would def get him involved/featured along with I guess Nelson who seems to be public enemy #1 in the house and is dumb as rocks so may be worth the shot throwing him in and hoping for a puzzle. 

Thank you!  

I can't afford both Nelson and Josh, so right now I have just Josh.

5 minutes ago, paco said:

Thank you!  

I can't afford both Nelson and Josh, so right now I have just Josh.

Bananas MVP?

• Like 1

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Bananas MVP?

yessir

• Like 1

I don't know what that means, but I won me another quarter

200.gif

Such a mistake sending himself in. Why not roll the dice and hope for Josh Kyle or Swaggy the next two weeks

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 11:07 PM, homerpat said:

Such a mistake sending himself in. Why not roll the dice and hope for Josh Kyle or Swaggy the next two weeks

Only way he’s guaranteed in is wining weekly challenge. The house can choose to not vote him in as can the tribunal if those who are left don't want to let a seasoned vet get a shot at a red skull. He had a 50/50 chance versus even if he gets in a tribunal, the other 2 members could still out-vote him. 

seems like it's been a while since Wes won one of these things. May be time to call it soon. I don't blame him though for throwing himself in. Bananas was stepping on his toes big time by hijacking that week for himself instead of talking with Wes first and making sure he didn't want to employ that strategy. 

A lot of "floaters" left but thats essentially the strategy/gimmick of the season. You can hang around if you want and avoid eliminations, but it's not going to get you a chance at the big $$. That said I'm sure MTV isn't totally thrilled with being down CT, Wes, Jordan, Tori, heading into a the home stretch. But the cash cow Bananas is still around for the first time a couple seasons which they'll take.

33 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

seems like it's been a while since Wes won one of these things. May be time to call it soon. I don't blame him though for throwing himself in. Bananas was stepping on his toes big time by hijacking that week for himself instead of talking with Wes first and making sure he didn't want to employ that strategy. 

A lot of "floaters" left but thats essentially the strategy/gimmick of the season. You can hang around if you want and avoid eliminations, but it's not going to get you a chance at the big $$. That said I'm sure MTV isn't totally thrilled with being down CT, Wes, Jordan, Tori, heading into a the home stretch. But the cash cow Bananas is still around for the first time a couple seasons which they'll take.

They survived many seasons of the Cara and Paulie show so I think they are okay this season. 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:07 PM, homerpat said:

This season has been devoid of actual game play and even politicking has been minimal at best. I think its part new red skull rule part living situation sucks. The idea of having to have a red skull to run the final isn't  bad, and it's good to stop players from coasting to the end in huge alliances like War of the World had. But it feels like it was kind of over correcting.