MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

are we sure Dee is the reason for last nights short episode? They literally said a couple days ago they weren't going to do this:

1 minute ago, JBENT87 said:

are we sure Dee is the reason for last nights short episode? They literally said a couple days ago they weren't going to do this:

There was definitely some stuff cut out - like the stuff at the end with Rogan and going against her or whatever - they didn't show any of that prior to the elimination did they?  And every episode this season has been 1.5 hours - this one was only 1 hour.

3 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I read that as "we aren't going to cancel the sesaon" not "we aren't going to edit Dee out"

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, paco said:

I read that as "we aren't going to cancel the sesaon" not "we aren't going to edit Dee out"

She was in the final elimination so they couldn't edit her out, but I bet confessionals and any dee-centric stuff they filmed independent from the elimination was snipped 

I don't recall hearing her whine about going into an elimination so i'd say they absolutely cut her confessionals out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

holy crap lol. She has gotta be furious right now, considering how much of a narcissist she revealed herself to be. 

6 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

holy crap lol. She has gotta be furious right now, considering how much of a narcissist she revealed herself to be. 

I loved when Johnny was like "Rogan I got your blessing?" and Melissa was like 'wtf?!?'

Sadly I knew Mattie was going home before they even started. The one challenge where being a TINY girl is the huge advantage. Melissa and Nany should have been all over that.

• Like 1

Reading about everything that went down with Dee, it seems like her comments were the straw that broke the camels back. I forget who (might be Swaggy) but someone put it out there Dee is a huge coke head. She apparently is either in some type of rehab or mental health hospital right now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Reading about everything that went down with Dee, it seems like her comments were the straw that broke the camels back. I forget who (might be Swaggy) but someone put it out there Dee is a huge coke head. She apparently is either in some type of rehab or mental health hospital right now.

Yeah Dee sucks but Swaggy does too for airing out all of her crap like he did. We as a people still haven't totally figured out the power of the cell phone and the internet, somehow. Just gotta be a good person and be on top of your crap, especially if you're in the public eye. Because just like that the mob can come for ya and end you. 

Dee better be on the phone with Camila asking for a crash course in what to do when all of this spotlight is taken away after exposing you for being a POS. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Yeah Dee sucks but Swaggy does too for airing out all of her crap like he did. We as a people still haven't totally figured out the power of the cell phone and the internet, somehow. Just gotta be a good person and be on top of your crap, especially if you're in the public eye. Because just like that the mob can come for ya and end you. 

Dee better be on the phone with Camila asking for a crash course in what to do when all of this spotlight is taken away after exposing you for being a POS. 

it's called dropping an onlyfans bruh!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

I get what you're saying but Camilla would be the last person I would call, especially about race relations lol

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I get what you're saying but Camilla would be the last person I would call, especially about race relations lol

oh sure, I mean just in terms of hey what do I do with my life now... like what did you do when you were this B list TV personality/celeb one day and then the next day it was gone? It's a total lifestyle change to go from assuming your paychecks are gonna keep coming from appearances/future seasons etc and now they're not and you have to start over. 

Not gonna lie.  I saw a commercial for this the other day and said to schmoopie "Maybe we should be watching this".  I'm probably going to set a recording.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Need to watch on demand and catch up 

Second 

22 hours ago, paco said:

Not gonna lie.  I saw a commercial for this the other day and said to schmoopie "Maybe we should be watching this".  I'm probably going to set a recording.

yeah F it, do it. This show used to have a younger, more female following, based on the fact that the people on the show were former MTV Real World/dating show contestants... but over the last few years they opened up the talent pool to pretty much any reality TV show contestant across any network (bringing in former Survivor and Big Brother people), while also upping the physical competition. So you still get the trashy drama but its now mixed with cross-fit competition, sort of. I never really knew more males watched this (other than the ones who watched with their wives) until Bill Simmons started openly discussing it years back, and then participating in this thread. For a time like now with being home more than usual and no sports on, it scratches the itch for having a weekly show to look forward to.

11 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

yeah F it, do it. This show used to have a younger, more female following, based on the fact that the people on the show were former MTV Real World/dating show contestants... but over the last few years they opened up the talent pool to pretty much any reality TV show contestant across any network (bringing in former Survivor and Big Brother people), while also upping the physical competition. So you still get the trashy drama but its now mixed with cross-fit competition, sort of. I never really knew more males watched this (other than the ones who watched with their wives) until Bill Simmons started openly discussing it years back, and then participating in this thread. For a time like now with being home more than usual and no sports on, it scratches the itch for having a weekly show to look forward to.

This was a great moment from a season ago. @paco should definitely watch

JFC :roll: 

I'll see if I can convince schmoopie to watch it tomorrow.  If she likes it maybe it will be our go to stream when we go down to the shore for a week this Saturday.

YOU CANNOT COPY MY WALK!!! is one of my all time favorite moments :roll:

• Like 3

I mean, if a dude has a name that he ripped off of American Gladiators, you know better than to copy their walk.

40 minutes ago, paco said:

I mean, if a dude has a name that he ripped off of American Gladiators, you know better than to copy their walk.

I think his background is that he won Survivor: Turkey, and then won the Final in the War of the Worlds 1 (which was admittedly a grueling battle through the desert). I looked up on Wiki and Day 1 they had a 24 mile bike/cycle (12mi of each). The second leg was literally traversing sand dunes in the middle of a desert for what I think was another 26 miles total, of which the final 5ish was along a beach and then kayaking out to a finish point. People were literally all getting hooked up to IVs in the back of some ramshackle van at the end of Day 1 :roll:

Day One
First Leg: The players begin the final by cycling and running a six-mile loop four times (24 miles overall). At the middle of the figure-eight loop there are five checkpoints each player must complete. Players can complete checkpoints at any stage during the 24 miles. If the checkpoint they wish to complete is currently occupied, they may wait, or continue with their 24 miles. Each checkpoint has a 20 minute time limit before players times out. Unbeknownst to the players, the Top 3 players of this stage would form a Tribunal for an Instant Elimination.

Day Two

• Geography Trivia: Players are asked a series of multiple-choice geography trivia questions. If they answer a question incorrectly,they would be eliminated from the Trivia Game. The last player standing would get to travel the first mile of the Second Leg in a dune-buggy while the remaining four traverse the sand dunes on foot for the first mile on foot.
    • Winner: Cara Maria
  • Second Leg: For the second leg, the players had to travel on foot over a series of sand-dunes, completing the checkpoints that the players encounter.
    • Battle Ball: Upon reaching the checkpoint, players must wait for the next player to arrive. The two players place colored balls one at a time into a slot attempting to line four balls in a row (Similar to Connect Four). The first player to line up four of their colored balls in a row is allowed to continue while the loser must wait for the next player to arrive to play again. The player who loses the final battle will receive a five minute time penalty.
    • Breakfast Time The first player to arrive at the checkpoint may eat as much or as little of the provided breakfast food items as they like. Once finished, they must divide up the remaining plates of food among the remaining four players. Once the remaining players reach the checkpoint, they must eat everything they have been assigned before continuing.
  • Final Leg: Players run five miles down a beach to reach four kayaks. Along the way, there is a math problem players must solve in order to receive the combination to unlock a kayak. The players who are able to unlock a kayak must paddle the kayak to a boat wreck. As there are only four kayaks, the remaining player without a kayak will be eliminated. From the boat wreck, the remaining four players run down the beach to a lighthouse where the finish line is set up.

Yeah Turbo is a badass - guarantee Jordan wouldn't have acted like that on the streets where there was no security to protect him.  

can someone explain what this show is? :unsure:  seems like it's pretty popular on hurr..

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

can someone explain what this show is? :unsure:  seems like it's pretty popular on hurr..

chick show where people from the real world used to have competitions against people from road rules.

Then there was no more road rules so it was real world vs real world. 

Then these got so popular they started making more of these than regular seasons of real world.

So while some real world stars made this their entire living, they ran out of real world stars to compete against them. So now they pull new people from other shows youve never watched to compete against the lowers that acted on real world and never went back to their actual real world life. 

Ladies watch for CT and Bananas, and now all the new guys with British accents. 

Guys watch a little bit when their wife has it on. Occasionally there are a few attractive female contestants till they get eliminated. And then theres weird cat lady Agent who has no wife but watches anyway because he probably likes Aneesa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wow...that sounds awful. so it's a reboot of real world vs road rules from 20 years ago but with even more obscure contestants.  yeah...i'll pass.