MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

Just now, mr_hunt said:

wow...that sounds awful. so it's a reboot of real world vs road rules from 20 years ago but with even more obscure contestants.  yeah...i'll pass. 

Its not quite a reboot. they never stopped making them. But they ran out of real world cast members so they have to start pulling random people you dont know from other shows and somehow people still care about it. And yeah some of the real world people have been doing this forever and I always found that kinda pathetic how they never grew up from their young 20's when they lived in the real world house and acted like idiots. Like, Johnny and Wes have been feuding for 25 years. 

Though at this point its become so popular those lifers have made bank. I still think its ridiculous. 

It's basically the equivalent to if your favorite band was Evanescence, except not even close to being that ghey

36 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

wow...that sounds awful. so it's a reboot of real world vs road rules from 20 years ago but with even more obscure contestants.  yeah...i'll pass. 

remember that HE just described it, so the exact opposite reaction you're having is the correct one. 

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

remember that HE just described it, so the exact opposite reaction you're having is the correct one. 

Im spot on though.  You know it.

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

can someone explain what this show is? :unsure:  seems like it's pretty popular on hurr..

Competition show where everyone competes each week.  The past few seasons would have where a guy would go home one week, then a girl the following week.  The top performers in the weekly competition are safe.  The rest of the house vote one person to go into an elimination challenge.  The top performers then nominate three people who might go in against that person in the elimination challenge.  When they finally get to the challenge, the top people vote who goes in.  The winner stays while the loser goes home.  Eventually, once enough people are eliminated, there’s a final grueling challenge to determine who wins the grand prize ($500k or some other amount like this).

There are various rules that change the game up each season to keep things different.  For example, this year you can only get to the final challenge if you win in an elimination challenge.  Other things that have been different in prior years includes having teams of two, with rivals being teammates, exes, etc.  There are probably an even split now between Real World/Road Rules people and other reality tv shows (survivor, Big Brother, Ex on the Beach, etc.).

There's also some behind the scenes produced entertainment value in here that you would find in professional wrestling. So if you have long ago grew up and left that behind, there's not a whole lot here for ya. There are moments of true competition - there's a mainstay on this who has a birth defect of only having one hand, and he has won the entire thing 3-4x. So seeing this guy go into these eliminations bc people either think "he has one hand, no way he can do this," or they simply want him out for "political" reasons, those moments are pretty entertaining and make you respect the hustle and determination that this one handed dude has and how he pulls this crap off. To cap that off he's one of the more arrogant, unlikable people of the reoccurring contestants. So he brings entertainment for those reasons. 

1 hour ago, Shocker54 said:

I always wondered how much money TJ has made off this s***. It's literally all he does and it's such a cake job

There was someone who was a guest host on a Challenge vs Celebrity season.  That host was horrible, actually made me appreciate TJ and see that you can suck at that job.

17 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

here's some good footage @mr_hunt

nah...i'm good, man. i think i'm too old to enjoy shows like this. :lol: i have zero interest in reality shows...especially if it's a bunch of annoying 20-somethings...so i doubt i'd have any interest in a competition shows involving them.  i haven't even watched big brother or survivor in 10+ years...just stopped enjoying shows like that. 

1 hour ago, RPeeteRules said:

There was someone who was a guest host on a Challenge vs Celebrity season.  That host was horrible, actually made me appreciate TJ and see that you can suck at that job.

Miz or Victor Cruz?

• Like 2

Is it me or is there a talking head every 5 seconds?

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Miz or Victor Cruz?

Cruz, that’s it.  He was horrible. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Cruz, that’s it.  He was horrible. 

Yea. I remember back in the day they had Dave Mira and he was pretty bad too. 

And holy ish did they edit Dee the F out of the last episode. :roll:

was thinking at one point last night, damn there's a lot of Jenny this episode. Haven't seen her a whole lot this season... then was like oh yeah. 

Pretty wild how you absolutely notice the difference. 

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

was thinking at one point last night, damn there's a lot of Jenny this episode. Haven't seen her a whole lot this season... then was like oh yeah. 

Pretty wild how you absolutely notice the difference. 

Once she got her red skull, she was set.  No one is going to go after her and she doesn’t really create much drama.

I still hate Josh and hope he goes home before getting a chance to win a red skull.  Though the preview for the upcoming weeks seems that everyone will compete in somewhere where you can lose or gain a red skull.  I hope that’s not the case as it would kind of ruin the red skull aspect. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Once she got her red skull, she was set.  No one is going to go after her and she doesn’t really create much drama.

I still hate Josh and hope he goes home before getting a chance to win a red skull.  Though the preview for the upcoming weeks seems that everyone will compete in somewhere where you can lose or gain a red skull.  I hope that’s not the case as it would kind of ruin the red skull aspect. 

sure, I was commenting more on the fact that now that they're down all of the Dee footage, we're seeing more confessionals from someone who got her red skull and doesnt bring the drama. Had Dee still been around I doubt we'd be seeing Jenny confessionals since shes pretty boring this season for the reasons you mentioned. 

Yeah if they're really gonna force the last remaining contestants into a showdown for the last red skull I think it dampens the overall effect of the red skulls this season. Why would someone nominate themselves week 2 (CT) if he can just wait until week 12 to get the final showdown comp? That's a lot of appearance fees that he could've stocked up on to play the game like Josh instead of honorably trying to go in during an early comp that you think suits you. 

• Like 1

And there’s my girl. The second it doesn’t go her way. Psycho. Will give her credit for trying to keep her crazy a** under control for a second. 

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

And there’s my girl. The second it doesn’t go her way. Psycho. Will give her credit for trying to keep her crazy a** under control for a second. 

which one? big brother chick?

So after all of that drama ... Bayleigh is still in the game and Nany went home. Okay then. 

2 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

So after all of that drama ... Bayleigh is still in the game and Nany went home. Okay then. 

Maybe i'm way off but I thought Nany would have had a way better shot at winning against Bayleigh than Melissa. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Maybe i'm way off but I thought Nany would have had a way better shot at winning against Bayleigh than Melissa. 

same, Bayleigh seems much more like a princess than Melissa. The one elimination Melissa was in few years back with Olivia (?) was as straight up cat fight and then she went home from a season after that for literally fighting with Kayla. Whats so scary about Bayleigh who is already checked out? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

which one? big brother chick?

Yes. She actually kept it more under control than I thought she would. I posted as she was doing her scream session. I cannot overstate how f’ing insane she was on BB. She almost bit her tongue off because she was a possible target. Always got the vibe that she feels owed because she’s special. It’s a damn game. Sulking because she avoided elimination entire time and one time she raises her hand it doesn’t work out for her. She’s the worst

• Like 1

They cut a lot of fat tonight. No idea why Aneesa gets talked up so much, she sucks and always sucked. 

Josh sucks too. He’d be the first person I would want in an elimination this season