Jeopardy!

FranklinFldEBUpper

19 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Whoever picked Dr Oz to host should be fired 

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I thought he was better than Katie Couric.

I still have a few Alex episodes on my DVR to go through (yeah, we are 2-3 months behind), sounds like I should be savoring them

• Like 1

Rodgers was pretty bad. He seemed uncomfortable, over-rehearsed, and didn't project a commanding presence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Rodgers was pretty bad. He seemed uncomfortable, over-rehearsed, and didn't project a commanding presence.

Interesting.  I haven't watched any of his shows but everything I've read online has said that he killed it.  

6 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Interesting.  I haven't watched any of his shows but everything I've read online has said that he killed it.  

That's what I heard and Rodgers wants to also do it permanently

I think ever since the guests hosts have started there has been a wide range depending on who you ask for every one of them. 

Rodgers imo was kind of boring and awkward. 

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think ever since the guests hosts have started there has been a wide range depending on who you ask for every one of them. 

Rodgers imo was kind of boring and awkward. 

Yup. He's completely out of his element. He speaks in a monotone, with no feel for inflection. Sure, I guess he's good "for an athlete" but he's horrible when compared to the other guest hosts who have experience in front of an audience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 8:34 AM, mikemack8 said:

He's horrible - despite what the talking heads on ESPN might say.

• Haha 1

Rodgers was F'ing awful. If you need an athlete to do it, there have got to be better options.

On 4/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I think he’s gotten better after the first few but still very meh 

Agreed. He seemed more confident and somewhat smooth after the first week. Still, the worst of the guest hosts so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Anderson Cooper was decent.  I have not seen many other guest hosts because normally I work at that time.  Cooper was clear and has a pretty good voice for hosting.  The negative was that his responses to questions ("Correct!", "I'm sorry, that is incorrect.", etc) seemed weird.

23 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

I thought Anderson Cooper was decent.  I have not seen many other guest hosts because normally I work at that time.  Cooper was clear and has a pretty good voice for hosting.  The negative was that his responses to questions ("Correct!", "I'm sorry, that is incorrect.", etc) seemed weird.

Agreed. He was one of the better ones, perhaps even the best. I was a big fan of The Mole, which he hosted about fifteen years ago, so maybe that's why I was comfortable watching him. 

And yeah, he did have an awkward hesitancy with his responses. It was likes he had to wait for the judges affirmation and was slow to process it. It was weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Tournament of Champions starts this week. I'll be rooting for Jennifer Quail. I think she was the best player on the show since James Holzhauer. Not in his class, of course, but really, really good. 

WTF! In a category "4 of the same letter" the answer was "deterrent"?

8 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

WTF! In a category "4 of the same letter" the answer was "deterrent"?

It was deterrence

I think Buzzy Cohen is pretty good at hosting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NothingClever said:

It was deterrence

Thanks!

• Like 1

Jennifer Quail is on tonight.

Not her best performance but Jennifer advances to the final. 

And Buzzy is absolutely killing it as host. The best guest so far, and it's not even close.

• Like 1