Jeopardy!

FranklinFldEBUpper

Even though it doesn’t count, tonight’s matchup is one for the ages. Looking forward to it.

On 11/8/2022 at 6:31 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Even though it doesn’t count, tonight’s matchup is one for the ages. Looking forward to it.

We are about a week behind.  Just had the one where that green haired loon made it to the next round.

• 3 weeks later...

1) Amy deserved it.

2) It's a shame Matt didn't make the final.

3) The current champ might be as good as them.

• 5 months later...

Isn't it obvious to everyone that Ken is a vastly better host than Mayim? And why does Mayim always seem to giggle when she announces a "Daily Double!"?

This special 8PM tournament that's currently airing is pretty fun. It's great to see super champions compete against each other. I still think that James Holzhauer will be the ultimate victor.

Also...I got a big thrill out of the interview portion of Monday's show where the one contestant reference an old champion from about fifty years ago. The guy's name was Rock Johnson, and I remember him well. The show used to air during school hours those days, so the only times I watched was during the summer or during holidays. I'm not sure when Rock Johnson's original games aired (probably summer), but I remember watching them all and being super impressed. In those days, a player had to retire after winning five games, and it just so happened that immediately after retiring, a woman came on and promptly won the next five games. She was also really good. About ten years ago I did some difficult research and found out that Rock won the Tournament of Champions (I never knew what had had happened because I was in school and VCRs didn't exist!) and that the other woman finished second. It was just so cool to me to see a great player of the past, someone I remembered well, being referenced.

One more trans-who-identifies-as-lesbian champ and they can hold their own TOC.

On 5/11/2023 at 7:28 PM, eaglegenius said:

One more trans-who-identifies-as-lesbian champ and they can hold their own TOC.

Are you suggesting that the current Jeopardy champ was born with a P?

I once got a draw (in a simultaneous exhibition) against the woman chess master who asked questions on that chess category tonight in that Masters tournament that airs at 8PM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hated the format of this Jeopardy Masters tournament. They go to all the trouble of having these competitors play game after game against each other, only to have the final be a simple two game total points affair where the luck of the draw (who gets to the Daily Doubles) can be the deciding factor.

Also, that scoring decision of not accepting Benedict instead of Benedick (when if you look it up on the internet, both names are actually given) was hideous. Especially since they recently allowed "The Wizard of Oz" as a correct response when the book was actually titled "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz".

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

"Out” as in she decided she doesn’t want to do it...or she was fired because it’s obvious that Ken was practically born for the role and is so much better?

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

"Out” as in she decided she doesn’t want to do it...or she was fired because it’s obvious that Ken was practically born for the role and is so much better?

Agreed, his personality and sense of humor is a perfect fit and then he also beat Brad and James in the goat tourney. It was always gonna be an uphill battle for Bialik to compete with that.

12 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They told her they weren't renewing her contract and were going with Ken 

On 12/16/2023 at 10:22 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think a big factor was her walking off the set to support the writers in their stupid strike.  I'm basing that on nothing but a beer gut feeling.

30 minutes ago, paco said:

I think a big factor was her walking off the set to support the writers in their stupid strike.  I'm basing that on nothing but a beer gut feeling.

If I was striking and the talent walked off set to support me I'd have a hell of a lot more respect for them. If they have gone that route for that reason it will be a pretty uncomfortable production 

1 minute ago, Mat said:

If I was striking and the talent walked off set to support me I'd have a hell of a lot more respect for them. If they have gone that route for that reason it will be a pretty uncomfortable production 

Sure, the writers would love her.

The producers who she left high and dry however....

57 minutes ago, paco said:

Sure, the writers would love her.

The producers who she left high and dry however....

Valid, but if you're letting go of the talent for backing the crew you're going to have a pissed off crew which isn't good. I'd say a lot of the people there are like the wall paper and have been there for years. 

Having said that, the crew could also be pissed  because she walked out and they may be freelance and lost out on work since the talent walked off set. It can go both ways

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, M.C. said:

Ok.... maybe I need to stop Fast Forwarding through the meet the contestants portion

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Flew right over his head :lol:

Steve Harvey would have exploded on screen 

• Haha 3