Jeopardy!

FranklinFldEBUpper

If she had bet it all on the Daily Double in Double Jeopardy...and everything played out the same way...she would have won if she then made the proper bet in Final Jeopardy.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:50 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Jennifer Quail is on tonight.

Is she one of your relatives?

7 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Is she one of your relatives?

No, but I watched her original run on the show with a degree of enthusiasm, the highest I'd had since James. She was so dominant in her first show that I made a prediction right then that she would become a notable long time champion. So it was fun watching her kick ass for eight or nine games and racking up big totals. And since I considered her to be the favorite going into the TOC, it was natural that I would root for her over other players who had also impressed. I'm slightly disappointed (hey, it's only a TV show so it's really not that big of a deal) that she didn't win the tournament, but she did earn $100,000 for second place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mayim Bialik is a really good host, in my opinion.  I have not seen many of the hosts, but saw Anderson Cooper and thought he did well, but she is much better than Cooper.

Bialik has a good voice, which is necessary as a host.  She has a PhD in neuroscience, so she has the smarts to generally understand most subjects, including pronunciations and whatnot.  She is also an actress, so she is used to being on-screen and can be cool as the episode flows on.

Again, while I haven't seen all of the hosts, so I don't know who else has stood out, she is far and away the best guest host that I have seen so far.  She should be on the short list of finalists, in my opinion.

I can't say that I liked her in the role - nor did my family.  

I am also looking forward to Levar Burton, TBH.

I sort of agree about Bialik. She was very good, although I was sort of confused by why she giggled so often when affirming correct responses. 

I also liked Anderson Cooper. I would agree that the two of them were among the best. However, I think the very best was Buzzy Cohen, the former Tournament of Champions winner from a few years back who hosted the tournament this year. He had so much charisma and personality, and was amazingly comfortable. The problem with naming him as the permanent replacement is that he's sort of a "nobody" to the general public. 

Aaron Rodgers was the worst, followed by Katie Couric, who spoke like she was talking to five year olds. "Ooooh...a Daily Double!" 

I didn't pick up any giggling from Bialik.  Of course, I only saw her on the show on Friday.

• 1 month later...

Current champ (Matt Amodio) is very good. He's already won eight games and hasn't really been threatened yet. I can see him going on a long run. I'd nominate him as the early favorite for the next Tournament of Champions.

Didn't care for Robin Roberts at all. George Stephanopolous was so-so. Sanjay Gupta was less than exciting. LeVar Burton has been okay, although he hesitates too often and shows excitement weirdly.

Of the known celebrities, Mayim Bialik was clearly the best. No contest. 

Really disagree about Bialik. 

I personally liked Robin Roberts the best so far.  I was rooting for Levar but found him a bit odd.

Mike Richards is the front runner for the permanent job and in contract negotiations. I don’t remember much from him besides just being generic. 

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Mike Richards is the front runner for the permanent job and in contract negotiations. I don’t remember much from him besides just being generic. 

Wow. I remember him being pretty bland.

18 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Wow. I remember him being pretty bland.

Yup. Seems like a cop-out move to just give it to a producer. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yup. Seems like a cop-out move to just give it to a producer. 

Yeah, it feels like this was planned from the get-go and all this nonsense about giving the permanent job to the best guest host was just for show.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 12:54 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Yeah, it feels like this was planned from the get-go and all this nonsense about giving the permanent job to the best guest host was just for show.

Sure seems that way.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, sameaglesfan said:

Really disagree about Bialik. 

I personally liked Robin Roberts the best so far.  I was rooting for Levar but found him a bit odd.

Yeah I wanted Levar at first, but he himself admitted he had issues.

The way Aaron Rodgers talked on NFL Network you would have thought he had it in the bag.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait.  You nerds were serious about looking forward to the reading rainbow weirdo?

I've not seen Reading Rainbow - but I always sort of liked Levar.

18 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Which one are you?

Nerds Rule: "Star Trek" Record Crushed at Rio Vegas | Vital Vegas

That was after my time - I'm more thinking

Kunta Kinte - Dictionary.com

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So you’re not a Star Trek nerd?   You sure?

I love how this dude makes fun of people who watch animated shows and Star Trek but he’s a regular in the WWE thread :roll: 

• Haha 1

I still can’t believe the executive producer picked… himself. Ken Jennings was the obvious choice.

I think Mina Kimes would have been a good host.

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Passive aggressive pss 

I noticed you didn't quote me here - apparently that means you're a coward?  :lol: 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nope.  Everyone knows who I am talking about.  

I think that you think you're some highly respected poster?  Pretty sure about 99% of the posters here don't give a crap what you think or who you like/don't like.  Weirdo.