Jeopardy!

FranklinFldEBUpper

It looks like they're starting reruns. So I wonder if that means that Matt Amodio won't be eligible for next year's Tournament of Champions since he would still be an active player when the new season starts. If so, that would be a lucky break for the competitors since he would be the heavy favorite if he were in it.

Apparently they're going back to guest hosts.

They need to give Winnie Cooper a shot. She's a big math nerd. :wub:

Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper from the Wonder Years) is 40 today.: pics

• Like 2

So because he asked a female co-host on air on a podcast if she ever took "booby pictures” he lost a job? 

:roll:

I’m never becoming famous 

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So because he asked a female co-host on air on a podcast if she ever took "booby pictures” he lost a job? 

Richards decided to step down as host. His decision. He's still the producer.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, mikemack8 said:

I love how this dude makes fun of people who watch animated shows and Star Trek but he’s a regular in the WWE thread :roll: 

This explains so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Richards now fired by Sony

So all of you prematurely saying he lost his job, can now recommence.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, mikemack8 said:

I love how this dude makes fun of people who watch animated shows and Star Trek but he’s a regular in the WWE thread :roll: 

For the record, Star Trek is awesome and a lot of animated shows are really good.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And just like that, Matt Amodio begins the new season with another phenomenal performance. This guy is an all-time great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, that was a pretty depressing way for a streak like that to end. Never finds a Daily Double, languishes in third place going into Final Jeopardy, and is the only one who gets it wrong anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Well, that was a pretty depressing way for a streak like that to end. Never finds a Daily Double, languishes in third place going into Final Jeopardy, and is the only one who gets it wrong anyway.

Seemed like he was tanking the whole show to me.  Very off performance for Matt.

5 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Seemed like he was tanking the whole show to me.  Very off performance for Matt.

From the look on Matt's face throughout the show I thought that the producers rigged the click in devices so his was a second late.
But I've also suspected forever that the left most "champion's" podium had a clicker that was half-a-second faster than the others,
despite official denials by Trebek.

Plus the categories seemed chosen to throw him off.

I suspect that the reasons champions tend to win on the buzzer is that they have more experience with it. I know the newcomers do practice games and all, but it probably just doesn't compare to when there are live bullets flying. I recall Ken Jennings saying that one of his advantages during his run was that he had learned the rhythms of Alex's voice so he was just able to time his buzzer better than his opponents.

Also there's no way the producers would rig against a champion. Big-time champions are good for the show.

• Like 1

I don't think it was "rigged," it just seemed like he was really off his game - very unusual for a guy that seemed to know pretty much everything about everything.

Well, I think the fact that the guy who beat him that night actually looked pretty good the following game (unlike Nancy Zerg, the woman who unseated Ken Jennings and then went out with a whimper the next night) kinda validates the idea that he was just beaten by a solid player on a night where it just broke wrong for him.

Somehow Eagles linebacker Davion Taylor was cited in one of the clues in tonight's game. It took me a second or two to process that "Holy Cow, they're actually talking about a backup Eagles player for some weird reason!"