New Position for Reagor Next Season?

EazyEaglez

9 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

The Vikings game tonight reminded me Howie passed up a pretty obvious All Pro receiver for Reagor. Sigh. 

It’s not the first time he’s done that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 3:15 AM, gameshowfan91 said:

Reagor's new position can be benchwarmer.

Hopefully for a different team.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

New position: fry cook at Denny's.

Not sure he'd manage that to be honest. It gets busy at Dennys you've got to be quick at times. 

Regaor and JJAW need to be cut.  Eagles have to admit their mistakes and move on.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Procus said:

Regaor and JJAW need to be cut.  Eagles have to admit their mistakes and move on.

Either of them should be cut up make room for Huntley next week. 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:57 PM, Uscg-green said:

The Vikings game tonight reminded me Howie passed up a pretty obvious All Pro receiver for Reagor. Sigh. 

People were dumping on Howie for taking JJAW over Metcalf but this one was much more egregious.  It was completely obvious at the time (before any snaps in the NFL) who the pick should have been.  After Lamb went off the board at pick 17 and as our pick was approaching and Jefferson was still there, I was getting so amped up ... until Goodell announced the pick.  <_<

• Like 3

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

People were dumping on Howie for taking JJAW over Metcalf but this one was much more egregious.  It was completely obvious at the time (before any snaps in the NFL) who the pick should have been.  After Lamb went off the board at pick 17 and as our pick was approaching and Jefferson was still there, I was getting so amped up ... until Goodell announced the pick.  <_<

What is truly egregious is he could have had both Metcalf and Jefferson. Instead he’s still swallowed in poor receiver play. 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Howie announced before the draft that the team was looking for speed. Reagor was touted as a speed guy and his dad was reportedly a Lurie favorite. At the time I thought that if Reagor was truly fast, then they got what they wanted. He was slow at the combine and then magically had some fast time at a pro day. He may truly be the slowest speed guy I've ever seen. He should be cut along with JJAW, as soon as the Eagles' season ends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Howie announced before the draft that the team was looking for speed. Reagor was touted as a speed guy and his dad was reportedly a Lurie favorite. At the time I thought that if Reagor was truly fast, then they got what they wanted. He was slow at the combine and then magically had some fast time at a pro day. He may truly be the slowest speed guy I've ever seen. He should be cut along with JJAW, as soon as the Eagles' season ends.

Quez Watkins to me clearly looks faster than Reagor and by a lot. I simply do not see any breakaway speed from him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

He’s got to be gone next year right?

Players get an NFL pension if they play 4 years. Lurie ensures certain guys get that before they let them go. I fully believe that both JJAW and Reagor are guys Lurie will keep though their 4th year.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Quez Watkins to me clearly looks faster than Reagor and by a lot. I simply do not see any breakaway speed from him. 

I agree. Quez is a keeper as a #5 WR IMO.

Just now, PoconoDon said:

Players get an NFL pension if they play 4 years. Lurie ensures certain guys get that before they let them go. I fully believe that both JJAW and Reagor are guy Lurie will keep though their 4th year.

Ugh why? Both are awful. Both got chances last night and what did they do? Nothing. Cut them and let sone other team deal with them. They’ll probably turn into pro bowlers anyways. And yo think I hated Agholor. I’d give anything to have him back over Reagar.

• Like 1

Ugh why? Both are awful. Both got chances last night and what did they do? Nothing. Cut them and let sone other team deal with them. They’ll probably turn into pro bowlers anyways. And yo think I hated Agholor. I’d give anything to have him back over Reagar.

Your own argument is why they keep people around. Although I highly doubt either player turns into a pro bowl player unless it’s for special teams.

6 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Doing favors for friend I suspect. Reagor's dad was close with Lurie so I suspect he asked him to keep his son long enough to get over that threshold. JJAW was a well liked intern of Michelle Obama and Lurie loves her, so there may have been another request there. I can't say that those requests actually happened, but I can suspect it based on the totality of the circumstances. Both are being kept long after they should have been cut and both have a path or relationship with the owner that favors them.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Your own argument is why they keep people around. Although I highly doubt either player turns into a pro bowl player unless it’s for special teams.

They always seem to turn into pro bowlers after they leave the team. Here they stink, after they are awesome.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Doing favors for friend I suspect. Reagor's dad was close with Lurie so I suspect he asked him to keep his son long enough to get over that threshold. JJAW was a well liked intern of Michelle Obama and Lurie loves her, so there may have been another request there. I can't say that those requests actually happened, but I can suspect it based on the totality of the circumstances. Both are being kept long after they should have been cut and both a a path or relationship with the owner that favors them.

Well that needs to stop now. The two combined for just over 300 yards receiving this year. How many did Jefferson have? What about Metcalf? Lamb? It’s sickening.

• Like 1

They always seem to turn into pro bowlers after they leave the team. Here they stink, after they are awesome.

I wouldn’t say Agholor has been awesome since he left. His one year was decent with the Raiders and they didn’t even want him back. Most of the corners who left here have shown small flashes but basically have bounced around the league. Rasul Douglas is flashing with Green Bay, but he is surrounded by an better roster but he also did show flashes as an Eagle too. 

52 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What is truly egregious is he could have had both Metcalf and Jefferson. Instead he’s still swallowed in poor receiver play. 

I'll give him credit for Smith. But it still doesn't make up for his earlier decisions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I'll give him credit for Smith. But it still doesn't make up for his earlier decisions. 

For as much as I like Smith he was in target range of both Chase and Waddle, but decided to trade back. 

• Like 1

At this point I think its a fair assessment that there is no way the FO can keep Reagor in Eagles Green next season. With all the public bashing, Reagor's social media issues and his lack of production after given way more chances and targets then he deserved, I think Howie and Lurie realize the best situation is to trade him to the best offer they can get and cut the loss. Whiteside has not shown anything either, BUT the public, social and media impact has not been even close to the same. 

I would think the best they could pull off is a 4th or 5th rounder if they are lucky.