New Position for Reagor Next Season?

EazyEaglez

27 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I would think the best they could pull off is a 4th or 5th rounder if they are lucky. 

No chance.  He's a straight cut I'm afraid.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

People were dumping on Howie for taking JJAW over Metcalf but this one was much more egregious.  It was completely obvious at the time (before any snaps in the NFL) who the pick should have been.  After Lamb went off the board at pick 17 and as our pick was approaching and Jefferson was still there, I was getting so amped up ... until Goodell announced the pick.  <_<

And Jordan Matthews over Davonte Adams. They just love taking the wrong WR. Thankfully they had a high pick & took DeVonta Smith. 

56 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And Jordan Matthews over Davonte Adams. They just love taking the wrong WR. Thankfully they had a high pick & took DeVonta Smith. 

They almost blew that too. They had to trade back up to get him.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 1:28 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

For as bad as he's been, I don't hate the idea of moving Reagor to RB as a last ditch attempt to salvage his career before cutting him. We know he's pretty much a bust at this point but that doesn't mean we can't get something out of him.

Best case scenario, he provides some depth at RB as a rotational piece.

Worse case scenario, he stinks at RB and we cut him anyways.

Low risk, moderate reward type move.

Watching how the 49ers use Deebo Samuel it makes me think that how the Eagles would want to use Jalen Reagor, but Samuel has more rush yard than Reagor has receiver yards. 

The team should not hesitate to use a 1st round pick on a WR this year if it's BPA, especially if they can get one of the bigger possession type WR projected to go in the first such as Treylon Burks, Drake London. Alternatively, they should consider getting a solid WR2 in free agency to pair with Devonta Smith, Quez Watkins, and Greg Ward.

9 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

They always seem to turn into pro bowlers after they leave the team. Here they stink, after they are awesome.

No they don't

• Like 1

Sure would be nice to see a big target like Mike Williams from the Chargers on the other side of Smith next season. 

As much as I want to rag on Reagor and JJAW, I wonder how their careers would have turned out if we had a much better QB throwing to them...

Would Metcalf have become the beast he is if Wentz was throwing to him instead of Wilson?

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

As much as I want to rag on Reagor and JJAW, I wonder how their careers would have turned out if we had a much better QB throwing to them...

Would Metcalf have become the beast he is if Wentz was throwing to him instead of Wilson?

I know what you are saying but... No. Reagor sucks and so does JJAW. I mean look at Saturday night... Minshew put the ball on JJAW and he didn't just drop the ball he let it slip through his hands and barely touched the ball. He's bad. And Reagor is meant to be a fast, athletic, physical WR who isn't fast, athletic or physical. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know what you are saying but... No. Reagor sucks and so does JJAW. I mean look at Saturday night... Minshew put the ball on JJAW and he didn't just drop the ball he let it slip through his hands and barely touched the ball. He's bad. And Reagor is meant to be a fast, athletic, physical WR who isn't fast, athletic or physical. 

How much easier does it have to be for these guys? The Giants game Reagor was hit in the hands not once, but twice. JJAW basically the same thing. Aaron Rodgers could be throwing to these guys. Correction he wouldn’t either, because he knows they can’t catch so he’s ignore them too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

How much easier does it have to be for these guys? The Giants game Reagor was hit in the hands not once, but twice. JJAW basically the same thing. Aaron Rodgers could be throwing to these guys. Correction he wouldn’t either, because he knows they can’t catch so he’s ignore them too. 

Let's look at the tape shall we?

On 1/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, NOTW said:

There were also 8 WR's picked before Adams. Other teams miss too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dawkins226 said:

There were also 8 WR's picked before Adams. Other teams miss too.

I know it's just funny how often the Eagles pick the wrong WR. They got it right with Smith though. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I know it's just funny how often the Eagles pick the wrong WR. They got it right with Smith though. 

Yeah surprisingly, considering smith was a no brainer. They have a knack for not doing that either

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 11:30 PM, Random Reglar said:

I'm with you on this. 

I don't know why he was drafted so high.  But he was.  And they had to be looking at high sparq from him.  High sparq usually = great jumps and great jumps are generally caused by strong legs.  

Squatting 600,  vert of 42,  broad of 11'06,  strong legs,  breaking tackles,  build a head of steam and running fast at 40 yards.   He might have the most power of any of the Eagles running backs who aren't injured. 

83 yard TD run in college.

Maybe Reagor just sucks.

Maybe Reagor has what it takes to be a special teams Gunner?

Im not sure what the heck happened to reagor, watch his college tape and you see a really explosive fast player, fast forward 2 years later and seems like he's running in mud anytime he has the ball, even his PR TD last year even though he was running fast he looked slow.

I don't know, hopefully he can have a turn around like agholor and figure it out because hes been pretty bad the last two years 

42 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah surprisingly, considering smith was a no brainer. They have a knack for not doing that either

That’s the most frustrating part. The knack for not doing the no brained move. How long has it even taken Howie to start drafting Alabama players? He finally does and guess what? They have an immediate impact. Sometimes it’s best not to overthink things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s the most frustrating part. The knack for not doing the no brained move. How long has it even taken Howie to start drafting Alabama players? He finally does and guess what? They have an immediate impact. Sometimes it’s best not to overthink things.

But how can he be the smartest man in the room if he does what every other man would do? 😊

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe Howie doesn't have a brain so then he can't make moves that require not having one because he is pretending he does have a brain. 

Think about it! 

• Haha 1

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd like to see them try and switch him to corner. 

What so he can get beat deep on every pass?

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What so he can get beat deep on every pass?

I don't think he would.