Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

8 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

The latest episode is a good one.  A shame that not enough people are watching it, as they are missing out on a good one

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Ep 10 was incredible. This is by far the best Star Wars show in my opinion.

Really good. And it's the most "grown up" show. Good writing, acting, direction. A lot of it doesn't feel like typical SW, in a good way.

• Like 1

It was kind of like BCS/BB like where it was minimal action at times, but was absolutely enthralling to watch and they built up to the jail break patiently, so the pay off was worth it

6 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Episode 10 boiled down to 1 action scene and 3 conversations. And every bit of it was edge of your seat amazing.

Stellan Skarsgard was great in his scene.  He is behind the rebellion but also looks and acts at times like a villain and is willing to sacrifice lives for the greater cause.  Not the same simple black and white, good/evil is obvious.  

The latest episode of Andor was great again, and I am glad it seems to be generating a natural buzz about it in the real world.

• Like 2

IMO, andor is better than the mandalorian. 

pretty much the best two things to come out of the star wars universe since the original triology are this show and rogue one. 

• Like 1

Dang, just the opening shot of this episode is instantly cinematic & compelling. This is the different take that the recent trilogy should have taken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

IMO, andor is better than the mandalorian. 

pretty much the best two things to come out of the star wars universe since the original triology are this show and rogue one. 

Hold on now. Let's not say things we are going to regret. 

I still prefer the Mandalorian, but Andor is close. Much better than Obi-Wan or Boba.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

Hold on now. Let's not say things we are going to regret. 

I still prefer the Mandalorian, but Andor is close. Much better than Obi-Wan or Boba.

i could probably go back and forth with that opinion, depending on which one i am currently watching. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i could probably go back and forth with that opinion, depending on which one i am currently watching. 

The Mandalorian perfectly captures Lucas' vision of taking action/adventure stories he grew up with and setting them in space.  Throw the western, samurai and pirate stories into a blender and set it in space.  The Mandalorian has some of that child-like wonder and fantasy to it while still having some more mature themes and not feeling quite so silly all the time like some other products.

Rogue One created a war movie with a crew on a suicide mission and gave some familiar Star Wars sets, practical effects and nostalgia.

Andor takes the period between episodes 3 and Rogue One and tells a more mature and gritty story showing the impacts of the Empire and the building of the rebellion as the middle layer underneath the higher layer of the movies.  The movies give you the A players in Palpatine, Vader, Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, etc.  They give you epic battle scenes and individual/smaller fights that impact the fate of the entire universe.  Andor on the smaller screen looks at the stakes and impact below that higher level.  The decisions they have to make, the spy missions, the plotting, the long runway and patience it took to get them there.  

I think Mandalorian is more "re-watchable" than Andor from what I can tell so far.  I really like Andor and I love them taking this approach to it.  But will I want to sit and binge watch this again for enjoyment?  Are there that many scenes I really want to experience again?  In The Mandalorian I've already watched the first season 3 times and the 2nd season I've watched twice.  I will enjoy re-watching it all again with my son who hasn't seen them yet.

For me, the perfect SW content since Disney bought them are Rogue One, Mandalorian, Andor and certain bits of Boba Fett that I liked despite overall it not being great.

• Like 3

Andor is better than the Mandalorian for me, but not by much.  The story is a bit tighter but of wider scope and a different take from the pew, pew Star Wars stuff we've had so far.  It's a nice problem to have

23 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Andor is better than the Mandalorian for me, but not by much.  The story is a bit tighter but of wider scope and a different take from the pew, pew Star Wars stuff we've had so far.  It's a nice problem to have

Have you ever been in a drinking contest with Marion Ravenwood? It's uncanny.

1253058350092210533.gif

• Haha 2

When The Mandalorian is bad, which about half the time it is, it's really bad, but when it's good it's among the best Star Wars, if not streaming in general, content out there.  I've been enjoying Andor far more than some other series, but the best of The Mandalorian is still better.

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

When The Mandalorian is bad, which about half the time it is, it's really bad, 

Partner, we’ve been watching different shows. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Arthur Jackson said:

Have you ever been in a drinking contest with Marion Ravenwood? It's uncanny.

1253058350092210533.gif

Is that a prog rock band from the 1970s?  Sounds like a John Peel Radio 1 special and no, I was never in a Drinking Contest with Marion Ravenwood, but thanks for asking. I had a brief tenure in Hawkwind though

22 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Is that a prog rock band from the 1970s?  Sounds like a John Peel Radio 1 special and no, I was never in a Drinking Contest with Marion Ravenwood, but thanks for asking. I had a brief tenure in Hawkwind though

Space Ritual 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Just for craps and giggles I looked for some vinyl.

Nice deal...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175475754436?hash=item28db2b85c4:g:oFcAAOSwiepjY9Pg&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoBZbt9p5mFk%2B7rCSlpPgKnFSuE%2BmApX98Ungbq9AdOqCA1UJeKHweKt%2BVkHCkpAJCA6RjAtrOQ8OnjjLBi4mtpfvK9iyoyJ62zWI672X3mSXcm%2BLO%2Bnv0L5moYMOTG9yekiVy1zm1sn8T3%2FrCnQD8kcA%2FwJ%2F3bj7Aq4Xqzl9dI2dzbbuA%2Fn1xee0KTVkoVxk0BDwhwAoszBaVmajM%2BNsbEc%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4TS982RYQ

On 11/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, Arthur Jackson said:

For Hawkwind, it's a steal.  Not sure anyone wants to see the dancing naked lady anymore tho

17 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Hopefully Kennedy is next 

I doubt it = he didn't fire her post the Lucasfilm buy, so I can't see it changing now. I'd like it though as she has been taken a good franchise and made it a pap one

51 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Not sure anyone wants to see the dancing naked lady anymore tho

You'd be quite wrong, m8.

:wub:

wow, what a season finale.  :worthy:

psst ... there is a post credit scene that ties in some of the earlier episodes very nicely and with what's to come.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

wow, what a season finale.  :worthy:

psst ... there is a post credit scene that ties in some of the earlier episodes very nicely and with what's to come.  

Yup. Very enjoyable and a nice link to what they were doing as slave labour. 

I didn't realise Tony Gilroy was the one that saved Rogue One - makes sense why he took on Andor.