Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

On 4/1/2023 at 4:24 PM, UK Eagle said:

That's who it was. I knew I recognised the character and voice, but couldn't place without potentially spoiling things.

it took me a few to remember the character's name. 

8 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I loved this episode, but will not be surprised if people hate it

Spoiler

have to admit, im a little disappointed bo katan did not turn around and fight mando for the black saber. i thought we might see that when she said something along the lines of ill firgure out what i have to do when i get there. (not remembering the exact line)

def a different episode, but i enjoyed it. 

That episode was not good.  There was zero point to Lizzo and Jack Black other than, hey look, famous cameo time, ignore the lack of plot again.  

Sad to say but Andor really is the exception to the rule in the dying Star Wars franchise.

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

That episode was not good.  There was zero point to Lizzo and Jack Black other than, hey look, famous cameo time, ignore the lack of plot again.  

Sad to say but Andor really is the exception to the rule in the dying Star Wars franchise.

Spoiler tags homie

10 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:
  Hide contents

have to admit, im a little disappointed bo katan did not turn around and fight mando for the black saber. i thought we might see that when she said something along the lines of ill firgure out what i have to do when i get there. (not remembering the exact line)

def a different episode, but i enjoyed it. 

Spoiler

Yeah, if there were two things I didn’t care for at all from this episode, it’d be Lizzo’s acting (Jack Black was fantastic though) & how Bo Katan got the black saber. Technically it works, just feels cheated & lackluster. The dark saber plot was something that had me really intrigued when Moff Gideon said it must be won in battle, so I was hoping for a badass Bo Katan/Din Djarin fight. I was hoping they weren’t going to go the route they did. 

Loved the Count Dooku reference!! That was sweet. 

I haven't had a chance to watch Mando season 3 yet so skipped all the posts, sorry if already posted.  Ahsoka trailer:

https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-new-star-wars-films

Today during Lucasfilm's Studio Showcase at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that three new live-action Star Wars films are on the way. Helming the movies are James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face).

James Mangold’s movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi, while Dave Filoni’s will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy’s film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more on these films and get ready to pass the popcorn.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Interconnected stories?  Are they taking the pish out of the fans?

21 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Spoiler tags homie

To be fair, the appearances were so spoilered everywhere and no plot lines mentioned. 

Spoiler

The plot was crap and the fight was predictable

As for this series of Mando - looks like the meh is because Kennedy and Favreau fell out, hence the

Spoiler

Girl boss stuff.  That seems to get into Ahsoka too.  Predictable from Lucasfilm now. Change it up!

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

They announced previously that Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Ahsoka and others would culminate in a movie event to tie them all together and bring closure to that portion of the story.

59 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

No one wants a Rey movie.... 

Agreed.

They are all over the timeline before The Force Awakens at this point, and they should wrap up those stories.  Then go do KOTOR.  Or, make a sequel TV Series in the spirit of Andor that is set far after The Rise of Skywalker and just pretend Rey isn't there anymore.  The way Star Trek made The Next Generation.  Just new characters and stories. 

• Like 2

I don’t hate the Rey movie idea.

Think it’s a good thing to have a fresh beginning and really get away from the skywalker saga. I think Filoni’s project is good too, should show why the new republic was so incompetent. Hopefully salvages/makes sense out of some things for the sequels, I have faith in Filoni. First Jedi movie is a cool concept, looking forward to that. 

Ahsoka trailer looks great. 

5 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

To be fair, the appearances were so spoilered everywhere and no plot lines mentioned. 

Reveal hidden contents

The plot was crap and the fight was predictable

As for this series of Mando - looks like the meh is because Kennedy and Favreau fell out, hence the

Hide contents

Girl boss stuff.  That seems to get into Ahsoka too.  Predictable from Lucasfilm now. Change it up!

I mean, I keep pretty close tabs on Star Wars on Reddit and what not, and Jack Black was a surprise to me. Had no idea he was there. It’s very possible others didn’t know either. 

Same actor who voiced Thrawn in the cartoon.

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Same actor who voiced Thrawn in the cartoon.

His brother played Galen Erso in Rogue One 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I don’t hate the Rey movie idea.

Think it’s a good thing to have a fresh beginning and really get away from the skywalker saga. I think Filoni’s project is good too, should show why the new republic was so incompetent. Hopefully salvages/makes sense out of some things for the sequels, I have faith in Filoni. First Jedi movie is a cool concept, looking forward to that. 

Ahsoka trailer looks great. 

I mean, I keep pretty close tabs on Star Wars on Reddit and what not, and Jack Black was a surprise to me. Had no idea he was there. It’s very possible others didn’t know either. 

A Rey movie will likely be dire.  Isaac and Boyega aren't on board it seems, the legacy characters have been killed off (no nostalgia) and Ridley is nowhere near strong enough to carry a movie solo (no pun intended).  They can't resurrect the Emperor again can they?  To do it right, they will need to spend mid 9 figures and if ratings on Disney + follow, I don't see it making a profit. Star Wars is a dying franchise under Kennedy

I hope Ahsoka is good and adds something into the overall story.

On 4/8/2023 at 6:43 PM, olsilverhair said:

Ahsucca=skank?

no, she's not your mother. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

no, she's not your mother. 

You’re gonna bite off more than can chewie, get it?  Chewie?  Wooooo, I bet you are on a bud lite can

15 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Is this fake?

Looks fake. Who'd want to impregnate the Emperor's grand daughter? 🤑

And would the baby be called Anakin Solo-Palpatine Jr?

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Looks fake. Who'd want to impregnate the Emperor's grand daughter? 🤑

And would the baby be called Anakin Solo-Palpatine Jr?

what happens when the baby comes out a bit darker than kylo. 

Star Wars: 10 Best Finn Memes To Have You Cry Laughing

• Haha 2