Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

7 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

what happens when the baby comes out a bit darker than kylo. 

Star Wars: 10 Best Finn Memes To Have You Cry Laughing

Or not in the Finn zone

Spoiler

• Haha 1

Do we know if Ahsoka is alive during the events of the recent sequel trilogy?  She was in the voice over at the end when Rey hears voices of past Jedi but that doesn't necessarily mean she's dead right?

We'll see how her story goes in the show but it would be cool if she showed up in the future movie with Rey, officially becomes a Jedi and helps train new younger Jedi.  And she's a 1000x better character than Rey.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Do we know if Ahsoka is alive during the events of the recent sequel trilogy?  She was in the voice over at the end when Rey hears voices of past Jedi but that doesn't necessarily mean she's dead right?

We'll see how her story goes in the show but it would be cool if she showed up in the future movie with Rey, officially becomes a Jedi and helps train new younger Jedi.  And she's a 1000x better character than Rey.

You know come to think of it, the sequels *should* have just been Ahsoka as the main character & her fighting the first order/Kylo Ren. Scrap Rey all together. Finn as a force sensitive that gets trained by Ahsoka would have been very interesting all together

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

You know come to think of it, the sequels *should* have just been Ahsoka as the main character & her fighting the first order/Kylo Ren. Scrap Rey all together. Finn as a force sensitive that gets trained by Ahsoka would have been very interesting all together

Or her & Kylo as Luke's top students. Anakin's grandson vs his former Padawan. Luke, Ahsoka & his students vs the Knights of Ren but actually use them & not make them suck.

Plus Thrawn, with Leia rebuilding the Republic.

Simple, fan pleasing, still can add some new characters and planets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Or her & Kylo as Luke's top students. Anakin's grandson vs his former Padawan. Luke, Ahsoka & his students vs the Knights of Ren but actually use them & not make them suck.

Plus Thrawn, with Leia rebuilding the Republic.

Simple, fan pleasing, still can add some new characters and planets.

I’m not sure Ahsoka would be Luke’s student, given that she’s older than him & is fairly skilled in force as well as with a lightsaber. I think you could keep Snoke, as a puppet of Thrawn would be cool but I don’t think the last season of Rebels was released until around TROS. I could be wrong though. 

Leia rebuilding the republic, people shaming her for being Vaders daughter would have been interesting. I know these things were already done in the comics/books.

I got into a debate with this guy the other day, he said that Kenobi and BOBF were amazing, that just getting Star Wars content was good enough & I was just whining/overreacting. I told him that mindsets like that are why we got the sequels. 

I’m rewatching Andor, it’s even better on the second viewing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’m not sure Ahsoka would be Luke’s student, given that she’s older than him & is fairly skilled in force as well as with a lightsaber. I think you could keep Snoke, as a puppet of Thrawn would be cool but I don’t think the last season of Rebels was released until around TROS. I could be wrong though. 

Leia rebuilding the republic, people shaming her for being Vaders daughter would have been interesting. I know these things were already done in the comics/books.

I got into a debate with this guy the other day, he said that Kenobi and BOBF were amazing, that just getting Star Wars content was good enough & I was just whining/overreacting. I told him that mindsets like that are why we got the sequels. 

I’m rewatching Andor, it’s even better on the second viewing. 

Maybe not "student" but the current only Master Jedi, he could have granted her the official titles & she'd be the #2. Anakin brings balance to the Force, his son completes Ahsoka's journey to a Jedi Master.

Could've had Luke staying behind running the Jedi Academy & helping Leia in the New Republic, while Ahsoka goes on missions with new Jedi in training. Luke shows up for the bigger battles. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Maybe not "student" but the current only Master Jedi, he could have granted her the official titles & she'd be the #2. Anakin brings balance to the Force, his son completes Ahsoka's journey to a Jedi Master.

Could've had Luke staying behind running the Jedi Academy & helping Leia in the New Republic, while Ahsoka goes on missions with new Jedi in training. Luke shows up for the bigger battles. 

Actually that could be pretty cool. Luke represents what the Jedi order is supposed to be.  Luke is what convinces Ahsoka to rejoin the Jedi order, and help rebuild it into what it’s supposed to be. Not what it was when she left. I really like that. 

32 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Actually that could be pretty cool. Luke represents what the Jedi order is supposed to be.  Luke is what convinces Ahsoka to rejoin the Jedi order, and help rebuild it into what it’s supposed to be. Not what it was when she left. I really like that. 

And her input & wisdom from not only being older but experience from being in that era with the Jedi order helps inform & shape the new ideas of how to shape the Jedi order going forward. I was actually hoping The Last Jedi was going somewhere with those lessons. 

The above is what it should have been. but Disney is stuck with the Star Wars being a Rebels vs Empire thing, and can't get away from it as they think it makes money.  A post Emperor EU would have had a lot more potential to make interesting films/TVs.

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

The above is what it should have been. but Disney is stuck with the Star Wars being a Rebels vs Empire thing, and can't get away from it as they think it makes money.  A post Emperor EU would have had a lot more potential to make interesting films/TVs.

Right, The Force Awakens just recycled too much and had rebels replaced with "resistance" and Empire with "First Order" and that was lame.

The Mandalorian does a better job with the power vacuum after the Emperor is gone, as did the Zahn novels.  That's all they had to do instead of somehow in only 30 years The First Order has this big powerful army, ships, another Death Star, etc.  

Do you think at some point the franchise would reboot/redo the sequel trilogy the way other franchises have?  Star Trek, comic movies like Spiderman and Batman, others with different versions or iterations and now they're already making a Harry Potter TV series to redo the books.

Like would you want to see them redo sequels to the original trilogy with new actors?  Sebastian Stan as Luke is obviously a popular fan idea.  Or would you rather just see new stories from books and video games like KOTOR and just stay away from the Skywalker era?

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Right, The Force Awakens just recycled too much and had rebels replaced with "resistance" and Empire with "First Order" and that was lame.

The Mandalorian does a better job with the power vacuum after the Emperor is gone, as did the Zahn novels.  That's all they had to do instead of somehow in only 30 years The First Order has this big powerful army, ships, another Death Star, etc. 

I'm a fan of Zahn's Star Wars books and was kind of gutted they didn't bother with them when Disney came on board.  The recent Thrawn ones had all of the good plot stuff that could be adapted for TV; I just know they'll waste Thrawn as a character when he appears in live action.

I'm not bothered if they continue with Skywalker saga or not; but from a story perspective, I'd bin off the JJ Abrams stuff and forget it ever existed.  If it meant recasting Luke, Han and Leia for a post Empire content farm or pushing the story a 100 years in the future, so be it.  The mess now is beyond fixable.

• Like 1

I'm so tired of these lazy narratives.  The original movie in 1977 had a feminist icon. The Princess who wasn't the stereotypical damsel in distress, but a young girl who mouths off to the male villains, grabs a blaster to start shooting, and starts giving orders to Luke and Han and takes over leading.  Padme, Mon Mothma, Rey, Jyn Erso, Fentress, Ahsoka, Reva, Heya, Sabine, Emilia Clarke's character in Solo, Maz Kanata, Bo Katan and other women in the franchise.  In The Force Awakens the leader of the New Republic was a woman.

• Like 4

Leia was the glue that held everything together in the original trilogy.  Luke was a young hot head who was lost in life and Han was a rogue idiot who wouldn't commit; without Leia and her connections, the Rebellion would have failed.  Amidala had the same role in the 2nd trilogy.  Those idiots are why the Nerds mock Star Wars and other franchises as woke.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, iladelphxx said:
  Hide contents

The Armorer is the one who betrayed them 

Spoiler

I think that’s a misdirect.  My money is on Axe Woves, the anti-“primitive” Mandalorian who escaped early in the battle when they first got attack and Paz provided him cover. 

I feel like if it was the armorer, Gideon would have known about the  defeat of the pirates earlier because the armorer would have told him. He seemed genuinely surprised by that. Meanwhile, Axe has been central to keeping the mandos as mercenaries and on the sidelines until Bo shows up with the dark saber.  My guess is he wants to return to that for his own profit and has been working to keep the mandalorians divided.

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:
  Hide contents

I think that’s a misdirect.  My money is on Axe Woves, the anti-“primitive” Mandalorian who escaped early in the battle when they first got attack and Paz provided him cover. 

I feel like if it was the armorer, Gideon would have known about the  defeat of the pirates earlier because the armorer would have told him. He seemed genuinely surprised by that. Meanwhile, Axe has been central to keeping the mandos as mercenaries and on the sidelines until Bo shows up with the dark saber.  My guess is he wants to return to that for his own profit and has been working to keep the mandalorians divided.

Spoiler

I bet Gideon uses the memory eraser thing on Mando and turns him bad.... That's the cliff hanger ending

On 4/14/2023 at 3:19 PM, iladelphxx said:
  Hide contents

I bet Gideon uses the memory eraser thing on Mando and turns him bad.... That's the cliff hanger ending

Spoiler

I'm not sure if this is the way (lol) to write Pascal out of the series or reduce his role further than it has.  Or as an avenue to bring Ashoka in before the series starts for the rescue.  Disney will find a way to mess it up

I enjoyed the season finale a lot but wish it was longer. A couple of moments felt rushed. That said, I’m excited to see what a reunited mandalor can do in the upcoming sagas.

The last 2 episodes were ok; it was similar to last 3 films. Big battles, homages to the original trilogy, etc.  I did chuckle at how fuel running out on Mando jet packs is no longer a thing, after making it a thing earlier in the series. Not the best, not the worst but not as good as the first series

It was a shame we didn't get more Darth Gideon.

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

The last 2 episodes were ok; it was similar to last 3 films. Big battles, homages to the original trilogy, etc.  I did chuckle at how fuel running out on Mando jet packs is no longer a thing, after making it a thing earlier in the series. Not the best, not the worst but not as good as the first series

It was a shame we didn't get more Darth Gideon.

My take on the Fuel thing was because they were either previously in hiding or later on an abandoned planet with limited supplies.  The only people we ever saw struggle with fuel was the alleged "primitive" sect that Mando is a part of.  Now that they have united with the mercenary sect, with a huge armada of former imperial ships and the groups now have a combined base of operation on Navarro, they have plenty of access to fuel.   

15 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

My take on the Fuel thing was because they were either previously in hiding or later on an abandoned planet with limited supplies.  The only people we ever saw struggle with fuel was the alleged "primitive" sect that Mando is a part of.  Now that they have united with the mercenary sect, with a huge armada of former imperial ships and the groups now have a combined base of operation on Navarro, they have plenty of access to fuel.   

They showed some of them running out of fuel chasing after that dinosaur thing that kidnapped the kid earlier in the season.

• Like 1