Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

25 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The Batman with the kid who played the sparkly vampire in those sparkly vampire movies was pretty solid. 

true, but it that considered DCU canon ? 

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

No more alien fish eggs please. 

I bet it's a Bo Katan series

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I bet it's a Bo Katan series

Yeah apparently the new season has a lot do with the Mandalore itself so that would make sense I guess. 

Binged about 3 episodes of Andor.  It's a solid slow burn and I think it's a tad more interesting than Mandalorian.  I wouldn't say it's a game changer for Disney Star wars, the cross over appeal for non SW fans is low, but you can say they smacked a double on this one.

edit//  Wow , Andor just keeps getting better and better.  This is probably the most interesting thing done for Star Wars maybe ever.  It's a serious show and more than gritty its brought realism to SW with highly intelligent commentary about politics & revolutions and what happens when they meet the rubber of human individuality.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Weird how there’s still no update on the Ahsoka release date. I’m guessing it’ll be released sometime in the fall around the same time Andor was released last year. 

Also Curious about no announcement yet because theres far less Marvel/Star Wars tv shows set to release this year compared to last year

It looks like Ahsoka will come out in the autumn, with a trailer being released possibly in the Star Wars Celebration in April.  Filming has reportedly gone well and there seems to be none of the dreaded Disney reshoots to worry about!

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

It looks like Ahsoka will come out in the autumn, with a trailer being released possibly in the Star Wars Celebration in April.  Filming has reportedly gone well and there seems to be none of the dreaded Disney reshoots to worry about!

Because it's a John Favreau production 

• Like 1

speaking of ahsoka, re-watching the saga and up to the last episode of the clone wars series. what a colossal failure on her part in not informing the council about what maul told her in regards to Anikan being molded by the sith lord as his new apprentice. 

so looking forward to this series. do we get answers to what happened after rebels ? what became of ezra ? gen thrawn ? etc.

wondering if we will see any of temuera morrison as rex. 

Been seeing more people say they’re tired of Ahsoka & don’t think there needs to be more content about her. I can understand if people are a little tired of the character being around so much, but I’m looking forward to her character being fleshed out even further 

Also, think Mandalorian drops in a few hours?? I’m staying up to catch the first episode 

10 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Been seeing more people say they’re tired of Ahsoka & don’t think there needs to be more content about her. I can understand if people are a little tired of the character being around so much, but I’m looking forward to her character being fleshed out even further 

well, i understand where they are coming from to a point, ahsoka became a huge canon character thanks to the animated series, not the movies and her showing up in live action has been long overdue. plus some probably just don't give the animated series any credit because they are cartoons. 

either way im with you. 

Some of the Ahsoka timeline is a little bit silly, but I guess only for those who have watched multiple times, will the character become a bit wearing.

Just watched Ep1 of the Mandalorian

Spoiler

Very good, but maybe a little light weight story wise but better than Boba Fett.  Disney will love selling the Borrowers that appeared at one point.

On 2/28/2023 at 10:56 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

Really?  She's a big time fan favorite.  She's only been in 2 live action episodes of the Mandalorian, one of them in a brief scene.  People are "tired of her?"

Regarding the discrepancies of why didn't different characters talk to each other, know about each other, etc. It's part of the larger issue when creating all sorts of new content and make sure it all ties together. they create plot holes and discrepancies.  Favreau and Filoni were on an interview where they said they have all these conversations all the time and have to look at how all the stories connect.