Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

If you have a mess at the top, the mess permeates down to all creative decisions and you get chaos. Kathleen Kennedy is a shocker as a leader isn't she? 

Most films get the oh crappola line in the sand, let's make this into a series treatment instead and rewrite the heck out of it.  Chapek and Iger aren't exactly the best leaders either and they wonder why Disney's share price hasn't been good recently. Make good content and people will watch it; very simple

I’m ok with them doing Andor 2, fleshing out the Mandoverse and using that (somehow) as a spring board to the next trilogy. 

At this point I’d be OK with Thrawn escaping wherever he is using the world between worlds and popping out right after episode 9 and schooling everyone.

They need ALL content to go through Filoni and Favreau.  Filoni is the creative voice SW needs, he not only worked with Lucas and gets it but he has been able to take it to new levels while remaining true to the original content.  Favreau understands the content enough but brings great filmmaking.  They need to be the Kevin Feige of the SW Universe.

They've hired different directors for various episodes of shows which is common on TV shows.  As long as the producers and creative minds are steering it then the content can be consistent.

They are jumping all over the timeline.  They rushed to make a new trilogy when Disney bought it, instead of thinking what would make the most sense.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

They need ALL content to go through Filoni and Favreau.  Filoni is the creative voice SW needs, he not only worked with Lucas and gets it but he has been able to take it to new levels while remaining true to the original content.  Favreau understands the content enough but brings great filmmaking.  They need to be the Kevin Feige of the SW Universe.

this

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

They've hired different directors for various episodes of shows which is common on TV shows.  As long as the producers and creative minds are steering it then the content can be consistent.

They are jumping all over the timeline.  They rushed to make a new trilogy when Disney bought it, instead of thinking what would make the most sense.  

Agree.  They wanted to cash in on the nostalgia post purchase and needed to start generating box office revenue on Star Wars films and sweat the nerds of money to help the cost of purchase and launch more content.  Disney got greedy and made the episodes 1 to 3 look great in comparison.  Resurrecting the Emperor was the cherry on the top of how bad that trilogy was - it made no sense whatsoever.

Andor was good because someone had control of the story and hired the right people to do writing, producing, acting etc.  The cartoons were good because Filoni ensured the stories meshed enough in series and over the wider story. Mando. same thing. 

Disney also believed they knew better than the books, so ignored a whole bunch of stories just because.  I also don't think they are easiest to work with from a creative standpoint, so will put off certain creatives from working with them. 

luna's work on this series has been excellent and to the earlier points, he's been given some really good material to work with. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 8:17 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

luna's work on this series has been excellent and to the earlier points, he's been given some really good material to work with. 

I find it interesting that the Mandalorian and Andor are so well received by fans, and they have diverse casts including the leads of the shows being Hispanic.  Rogue One had a diverse cast with a female lead and no one had any issue.  Boba Fett had mixed reactions but the 2 main stars are Pacific Islander and Asian.  Star Wars fans aren't toxic incels who don't like diversity, they will just celebrate good content and criticize bad content.  Yeah, you have some trolls out there but that's not the majority.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I find the version of andor and the finale that y’all saw? Because the one on my Disney+ was not good. There were a few good scenes with Cassian joining a group of rebels who were training together to impersonate officers, and like 2 enjoyable episodes with him in prison, but everything else was hot garbage 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Where can I find the version of andor and the finale that y’all saw? Because the one on my Disney+ was not good. There were a few good scenes with Cassian joining a group of rebels who were training together to impersonate officers, and like 2 enjoyable episodes with him in prison, but everything else was hot garbage 

You're opinions are usually hot garbage so

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

You're opinions are usually hot garbage so

:lol:

99% of my Star Wars takes you fanboy nerds state yourselves within 24 months. 

59 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

image.gif.cf4a5af01b677b61151998abd8a91cb8.gif

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Agent23 said:

87.4% of statistics are made up. The other 36% have a 50/50 chance of being accurate.

On 12/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, Agent23 said:

says the anal(lytcs) nerd. 

She doesn't want to leave WW on a bad note...WW84 was a terrible note. 😄

Hope Rogue Squadron gets WW1 Jenkins not WW84.

48 minutes ago, NOTW said:

She doesn't want to leave WW on a bad note...WW84 was a terrible note. 😄

Hope Rogue Squadron gets WW1 Jenkins not WW84.

Once again, it’s been long enough and our wives are no longer paying attention. We can say it. Wonder Woman wasn’t very good. We all pretended it was to avoid getting in trouble. It’s ok now to speak the truth. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Once again, it’s been long enough and our wives are no longer paying attention. We can say it. Wonder Woman wasn’t very good. We all pretended it was to avoid getting in trouble. It’s ok now to speak the truth. 

I still think it was good. But it was after BvS disappointment. It was probably over hyped in part because she's one of DC's Big 3 that hadn't had a feature movie yet. I don't enjoy it as much on rewatch though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

I still think it was good. But it was after BvS disappointment. It was probably over hyped in part because she's one of DC's Big 3 that hadn't had a feature movie yet. I don't enjoy it as much on rewatch though. 

wonder woman was good, but it def gets overhyped because of the lack of good content coming out in the DCU movies. 

15 hours ago, vikas83 said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

wonder woman was good, but it def gets overhyped because of the lack of good content coming out in the DCU movies. 

The Batman with the kid who played the sparkly vampire in those sparkly vampire movies was pretty solid. 

• Like 1