Golf

hey suess

On 9/3/2020 at 10:37 AM, Dawkins 20 said:

Not to turn this into a meme thread, but this is so gawd damn accurate it's sickening. How many times have we all done the "better not go yet, I might hit them" only to...

golf-memes-lead.jpg.667796438c817cd06cc576b22ec0d8bf.jpg

Oh how I can relate to this too many damn times 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 10:46 AM, mikemack8 said:

I pretty consistently have a slice, but if I line up to offset properly and land it in the fairway I can get 250+.  Problem is, about 4-5 drives then when I'm lined up to play the slice it does dead straight :lol: 

I played this morning, and one of my buddies hits an awful slice, but he still smokes it, and it's consistent.  There were 2 dog-leg right holes on this course, which were.....ahem....."Taylor-Made" for him, and he ripped both of his drives left into the woods.  

What an idiot! - Reaction GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

I played this morning, and one of my buddies hits an awful slice, but he still smokes it, and it's consistent.  There were 2 dog-leg right holes on this course, which were.....ahem....."Taylor-Made" for him, and he ripped both of his drives left into the woods.  

What an idiot! - Reaction GIFs

The course I played also had a dog left right.  I said "I can’t hit a fade without snap hooking it” then proceeded to do just that.  Still hit the fairway but the second shot was 300 yards into the green 😆  Its a reachable par 5 if you can be middle - right fairway.  

• Haha 1

Good for DJ. Doode deserved it.  He’s been on fire lately.  I just wish he would have used the trophy ceremony to tell Koepka to suck it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the breaks in these greens are ridiculous. 

I'm no fan of Rory's, but I don't know that that's necessarily a diss.  I didn't think DeChambreaux had it in him, but he proved me wrong on a very difficult golf course.  Good for him.

On 9/20/2020 at 4:20 AM, ToastJenkins said:

Tillinghast greens are the effing worst

Those things were nutz.

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Those things were nutz.

Ive played a fee of his courses and for all the history i hate them bc its very gimmicky to me

I played on Saturday in a group of 8 and brought a bottle of Skrewball and snuck it in the cooler.  It was gone by the 3rd hole because of the 7 other vultures.  

I shot a "ukn 56 on the front (worst 9 holes I have played since I can remember) and a 40 on the back.  It was like I never picked up a golf club in my life on the front, and I honestly don't even know what I did to correct it on the back other than "My swing felt 10x better."  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m not a huge drinker on the golf course anymore.  Maybe 2-3 beers.  Max.   Def no shots.   

Yeah I’m trying to get there. I don’t usually drink liquor on the course, but the situation called for it. 5-6 beers is my happy place in golf.  Once I add liquor or get to 8-9 the wheels fall off. 

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

I played on Saturday in a group of 8 and brought a bottle of Skrewball and snuck it in the cooler.  It was gone by the 3rd hole because of the 7 other vultures.  

I shot a "ukn 56 on the front (worst 9 holes I have played since I can remember) and a 40 on the back.  It was like I never picked up a golf club in my life on the front, and I honestly don't even know what I did to correct it on the back other than "My swing felt 10x better."  

Hate when that happens. Nice to rebound with the 40 though. 

7 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Ive played a fee of his courses and for all the history i hate them bc its very gimmicky to me

Fun maybe once or twice I would think. 

84 today.  Rain was a factor.  It was downpour for about 3 holes. We couldn’t even see the flag on a par 3 😂 I almost launched a 6i into orbit.  Aside from 2 double bogeys on those 3 holes I played well.  

75 today. 38-37

eagled four dropped a thirty footer and birdied 17 a long par three into the wind. Hit it inside two feet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wife and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary next week, and we're headed to Cancun for a week.  I have a tee time for next Wednesday morning by myself at the golf course attached to the hotel, and the wife will get hammered and drive the cart.  Tough to find a lot of pictures of this course, but there should be a number of holes right along the Caribbean.  

https://atelierdehoteles.com/atelier-estudio-playa-mujeres-golf/

ATELIER PLAYA MUJERES - Updated 2020 Prices & Resort (All-Inclusive)  Reviews (Mexico) - Tripadvisor

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 5:55 PM, ToastJenkins said:

yeah you just have to accept what it is and enjoy the history while you 3 putt 

The one thing that has always stuck out for me when I've played the very top courses is how hard the greens are generally.  The one that sticks out the most was when I played Valderrama.  It was quite windy which made it tougher but I putt very very well and still had 40 putts.  Chipping/putting are the most consistent parts of my game and where I usually am ahead of the guys I'm playing against.  I rarely 3 putt but on a course like Valderrama I had plenty of them and 4 putt the 1st green after getting on in regulation.  None of those 4 putts were bad putts either.

• Like 1

I've managed to steady things a bit and have been in the 83-87 range the last several times out.  Age is creeping up though.  I made a little adjustment opening up my left foot a bit at address and that's allowed me to clear my hips and eliminate the mix of push/hook that I'd fallen into.

Today sucks.  Rain has cancelled golf and the Eagles don't play until after 2am.  No way I'm staying or getting up for that.

My buddy did his annul trip to Bethpage yesterday. He was ****ing about screwing up and three putting the final hole to hit 100 even :lol: