Golf

hey suess

Just now, hputenis said:

There's a possibility I might play Thursday or Friday with my wife's brother, who is traveling down from Carolina Beach on Thursday.  This family has a lot of women in it though, so my fingers are crossed.  😂  The only course I've ever played in Myrtle (despite being there ALL the time) was Waterway Hills a few times, the one with the ski lift that takes you to the 1st tee. 

Oh yeah, I remember that one.  I played it once about 30 years ago.

Well if you get the chance and don't mind paying the fee, I'd go for Tidewater.  It's up there in the North area and a damn good course.  Expensive though.  I've played about 25-30 courses down there thru the years and Tidewater is right there with the best ones.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Oh yeah, I remember that one.  I played it once about 30 years ago.

Well if you get the chance and don't mind paying the fee, I'd go for Tidewater.  It's up there in the North area and a damn good course.  Expensive though.  I've played about 25-30 courses down there thru the years and Tidewater is right there with the best ones.

Only 4.2 miles from where we are staying too!  I'll check it out.  I never mind paying the fee.  I'm rich.  

Conor Mc Gregor Make It Rain GIF - Conor Mc Gregor Make It Rain Money Rain  - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 5:08 PM, hputenis said:

image.png.088100d216875af2c98b3c39d9b5abb7.png

Mitch Kramer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I’m like the Stingray of this bish! 
image.gif.a210674cb581786e2121a81012f207de.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cool, then drive up to me and pay for a round for me at Tobacco Road.

Have you played there before?  I played there a few times when I lived in Raleigh.  That course is absolutely wacko but awesome.  

On 5/28/2022 at 6:08 PM, hputenis said:

image.png.088100d216875af2c98b3c39d9b5abb7.png

Mitch Kramer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The hole breakdown for the course - :roll: Agent in here bragging like he's ukn Tiger Woods 

EAGLE

Hole Black Orange Par Handicap
1 133 98 3 7
2 252 165 4 3
3 125 87 3 8
4 292 219 4 1
5 312 186 4 4
6 156 123 3 6
7 112 100 3 9
8 126 95 3 5
9 300 205 4 2
Totals 1808 1278 31

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

The PGA Tour had better back down or their arrogance is going to ruin them.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

The PGA Tour had better back down or their arrogance is going to ruin them.

No. PGA Tour has to defend its own format. The LIV players got famous from the PGA Tour. Now they decide to cash in for some quick Saudi money, and ruin it for everyone else.

"We're going to end up in a worse position because these guys wanted a quick money grab to go play in an exhibition," the player said. "The [Saudis] are going to lose interest eventually. I think we all have a little bit of a responsibility to leave the game better than when we got here, and repping for a shady government with a questionable record isn't doing that."

I believe if players want to give up their PGA Tour membership to join another golf league, that's on the players. However, it's short-sighted. The Saudis have showed time and again they are not trustworthy. One day they will decide they fancy their money elsewhere and these guys will be left hanging. 

17 minutes ago, toolg said:

No. PGA Tour has to defend its own format. The LIV players got famous from the PGA Tour. Now they decide to cash in for some quick Saudi money, and ruin it for everyone else.

They're professionals. They play for money. They played on the PGA Tour because it offered the chance for the most money. Now someone's come along offering more. The PGA Tour will never survive if they don't come to terms with that and work with it, not against it. They've already lost a number of the biggest names, and they're going to lose more going forward unless they relax and let tour players play both. Either that, or offer them more money than LIV.

• Like 1

People still want to see Tiger limp around. Everyone else is replaceable 

I was a huge phil fan but this is just beneath him

liv will fold in a few years

23 hours ago, The_Omega said:

They're professionals. They play for money. They played on the PGA Tour because it offered the chance for the most money. Now someone's come along offering more. The PGA Tour will never survive if they don't come to terms with that and work with it, not against it. They've already lost a number of the biggest names, and they're going to lose more going forward unless they relax and let tour players play both. Either that, or offer them more money than LIV.

They like the LIV series because if they miss a cut they still get paid.  It’s just a gimmick.

10 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

They like the LIV series because if they miss a cut they still get paid.  It’s just a gimmick.

They can't miss a cut. There are no cuts. They like it because of the money. Lets revisit in a year and I'll happily point at you and laugh and tell you that I told you so.

6 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

They can't miss a cut. There are no cuts. They like it because of the money. Lets revisit in a year and I'll happily point at you and laugh and tell you that I told you so.

Right, there’s no cuts, and they won’t have the same level of competition or the pressure of missing the cut they have on the PGA Tour.

18 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Right, there’s no cuts, and they won’t have the same level of competition or the pressure of missing the cut they have on the PGA Tour.

And they’ll get paid more money. They’re professionals. It’s all about the money.

• Like 1

The big draw will still be the majors

I had a chip in from 67 yards during league Wednesday night. Good times 

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I had a chip in from 67 yards during league Wednesday night. Good times 

Nice double bogey save.

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, The_Omega said:

Nice double bogey save.

it was on a Par 3 that I sent my tee shot right and caught a tree, so I actually birdied :lol:

On 6/13/2022 at 5:24 PM, Agent23 said:

it was on a Par 3 that I sent my tee shot right and caught a tree, so I actually birdied :lol:

That's a barky

First time out on our new greens.  I'm very pleased.  They look great, roll true, and have kept the same designs and nuances as the original with just a couple of exceptions (one I knew would be tricky and one which is just flattened a bit in one spot and it makes sense ; one that I didn't like).  They were a bit slow and soft but that will change quickly I would think.

New greens tend to be slow.

pulled a muscle in my back on the range today pre round. on the shelf a few days

18 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

pulled a muscle in my back on the range today pre round. on the shelf a few days

Yeah I expected that. Hoping they are faster in a few weeks 

Get well!

18 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

image.gif.babebf3bf0062aba5d5c90b5760fbf95.gif

• Haha 6