Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why would we trade him at all ??  High end backups on rookie deals don’t fall off trees.  Or are you trying to have the worst backup and 3rd string QB to protect Hurts from competition ??

or get a more athletic, running QB than Sinnett and Minshew. 

I'd rather have Mariota as a backup than Minshew. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, 64 votes really answer the question

Shows more than 4 or 5 guys posting a few hundred times the same really.

9 minutes ago, Infam said:

Shows more than 4 or 5 guys posting a few hundred times the same really.

When you come up with 10 options against the result you want, you get the votes you want.  Clean up the poll.  Options should be Hurts, Minshew, rookie, trade for a veteran.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Happy to see people are reasonable.

A few posters with dozens of hate posts really skewed the perception for me. Glad that’s just a minority here.

The loud minority for sure. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why would we trade him at all ??  High end backups on rookie deals don’t fall off trees.  Or are you trying to have the worst backup and 3rd string QB to protect Hurts from competition ??

He requested a trade out of Jacksonville when he wasn't going to be the starter.  Tried to go to Sirianni to become the starter this season and got shut down.   So while they would have him for next year chances are he would be fully intended on leaving to start for some bottom feeder team looking for a Fitzpatrick type journeyman with a chance to start.  If they can get a 2nd for him by some chance they should.  

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

When you come up with 10 options against the result you want, you get the votes you want.  Clean up the poll.  Options should be Hurts, Minshew, rookie, trade for a veteran.

I added up all options where Hurts isn’t the starter next season and it’s still a small minority.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I just don’t see the Eagles going to this style of play. I’m not sure of how the practice week is divided up, but having too many cooks could just create confusion. Ultimately you probably end up tricking yourself. Also Jackson and Ward are not NFL level quarterbacks. That’s why they were changed to begin with. So much movement you’re asking for mistakes and turnovers. Different quarterbacks also have different voice inflections. You could easily throw the offensive line off with a different guy making a new cadence. Overall having multiple quarterbacks who do multiple things isn’t going to get the outcome you’re looking for. It will just lead to more confusion. 

It's generally unlikely that the Eagles do that.  Agreed there.  However, I'm still going to argue in that direction.  I'm not going to say that those 2 aren't NFL QBs.    I don't buy the argument that what happened = what should have happened.   Especially with Tyree.  He was someone who at least a few people thought could be a first round pick as a QB.  He has a huge arm.  And that crazy athleticism.   The Eagles like his athleticism so much that they're making him a TE.  There is no reason that I can see why Sennett is a QB and Jackson is a TE and not a QB.  Jackson did well in his preseason with the Bills, had a big comeback win, the Bills scored a lot of points at the end of the 4th Q, with Tyree at QB. 

I don't think that it's at all unreasonable to think that they could have Tyree try some QB.  Others (not many it appears) want the Eagles to spend huge resources on a veteran QB when the Eagles already have the #10 QB according to PFF.  I'm recommending a paperwork shift to give Tyree a /QB and Ward a /QB.  I recognize that there would have to be more work, and that would be logistically difficult.  But I don't see Tyree as much different than Taysom Hill. 

If you just had youtube from college and before,   Tyree Jackson would look better than Minshew.  You don't see Minshew making huge runs and making huge throws.  You do see a lot of short completions.   With Reid Sinnett, there's very little youtube at all of any kind. 

Down 23-6 with 4 minutes left in the game.  The Bills win.

18 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

You know how dumb you sound

PhishingScams>SSST>GlobalMacIT

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2022 at 4:49 AM, Random Reglar said:

Ridder is an interesting choice and I think Willis from Liberty is even more interesting.  Physically,  Willis and Hurts are nearly identical.   All 3 are runners, but Ridder isn't really built to run,  tall and thin.   Willis also probably needs more time sitting, which works, because the idea is not to replace Hurts, as much as not resigning him after 2023.  Hurts should be good, and expensive, after 2023.  If he's too good,  and he might be too good,  Lamar is too good, the Eagles will be pretty much forced to keep him and spend $40 Million a year to keep him.   The Eagles have the oline, and should be able to sustain this with cheap QBs if the oline stays great at run blocking.  The Eagles,  saving a lot of money on QBs, could spend big on a great Running Back, or a series of great running backs.  The cupboard is always full of the best types of running backs that you'd want.   The great running backs that we're looking at now,  like Taylor and Henry, were available in the 2nd round.  Great oline,  great running back,  running QBs - cheap.  The Eagles have players to innovate with, now, can continue to get those players, often cheaply.   There are a lot of freak beast oliners on the Eagles.  Lane, ex QB and TE with a 4.72 40, which is close to running back speed.  Mailata ex pro rugby player.   Brooks ran 4.99 at 345 pounds. Was a basketball player.  I'm going to assume that all of them have something there to innovate with.  

I agree that cheap running Qb's is a winning formula.  It will be interesting to see what the Ravens do.

Draft Carson Strong and trade for Cousins. Become a pocket passing team with using the high picks for defense and trading for more picks next year. 

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Draft Carson Strong and trade for Cousins. Become a pocket passing team with using the high picks for defense and trading for more picks next year. 

35 mil for Cousins is a hard pass. 

19 hours ago, Godfather said:

Kenny Pickett 

He’s gonna be gone, and the Eagles aren’t getting another quarterback. 

1 minute ago, opa-opa said:

After today's game, I'm willing to give Hurts another year at least. 

I think people need to start accepting that in all likelihood the Eagles quarterbacks for 2022 are already on the roster and their positions will remain the same. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think people need to start accepting that in all likelihood the Eagles quarterbacks for 2022 are already on the roster and their positions will remain the same. 

With 3 first round picks, everything is still on the table.  It will depend on how week 18 if a win is needed to get in, and how the playoff game goes if we get in.

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

35 mil for Cousins is a hard pass. 

He’s gonna be gone, and the Eagles aren’t getting another quarterback. 

:lol:

2022 - Hurts because there isn't anyone better available in draft or FA. Probably trade Minshew in a package deal for 2023 draft pick(s). I'm against a trade to get an old vet or a guy with a bunch of off the field baggage. Move one or two of the first round picks in a package (or packages) for 2023 1st round picks where the QB crop looks much better than 2022 to find a better QB than Hurts.

2023 - Maneuver using two or three 1st rounders in a package to draft the best (most accurate) QB prospect available to compete with Hurts moving forward. If kid wins, trade Hurts. If Hurts wins, the kid learns until he's ready to take over when Hurts' rookie contract expires. Unless the kid is a clear bust, do not re-sign Hurts. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

With 3 first round picks, everything is still on the table.  It will depend on how week 18 if a win is needed to get in, and how the playoff game goes if we get in.

You could say that if the team were a 3-4 win team. I highly doubt Howie is giving up draftpicks and cap space for any of these quarterbacks. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If the Eagles get in, Hurts will do what he does best. Sucking

Just now, Godfather said:

If the Eagles get in, Hurts will do what he does best. Sucking

At least give him the chance first. I prefer Hurts as our QB in the play offs than the previous QB.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At least give him the chance first. I prefer Hurts as our QB in the play offs than the previous QB.

He's had his chance. He hasn't improved not one of his flaws