Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

1 minute ago, greend said:

Honestly I'm on the fence. 

What between? If we don't go with Hurts in 2022 what would you do?

36 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well, he has never had multiple firsts, now he does, so we will see.

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He used multiple first round picks to move up to get Wentz. He’s had multiple opportunities to make these moves. He’s never done it, but you’re right we shall see.

Regardless of how you feel about Hurts, the reason we can't use multiple firsts to trade up for or trade for a QB is that Howie has neglected the D for the past 5-6 years in the draft.

We haven't used a first or second round pick on a defensive player for 5 years. Look ahead to 2023. Who do we have under contract for then? Cox and Slay will be 33. Graham will be 35. We need young talent at every level on the D and we need to invest the majority of these high picks there this year otherwise the D will be a laughing stock in 2/3 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Regardless of how you feel about Hurts, the reason we can't use multiple firsts to trade up for or trade for a QB is that Howie has neglected the D for the past 5-6 years in the draft.

We haven't used a first or second round pick on a defensive player for 5 years. Look ahead to 2023. Who do we have under contract for then? Cox and Slay will be 33. Graham will be 35. We need young talent at every level on the D and we need to invest the majority of these high picks there this year otherwise the D will be a laughing stock in 2/3 years.

He’s made some defensive selections like Jones, and Barnett, but they haven’t really planned out. I agree though. This team needs an influx of defensive talent. Most of the defensive line is old. The safeties aren’t special and their best players are in their early to mid 30s. Howie and Jeff called this thing a retool. The majority of the offense is basically young player. It’s time for an influx of youth to the defense.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Kenny Pickett

The hot name of the week, but I have a feeling he won’t be there when the Eagles draft. There are plenty of teams with worse quarterback situations than the Eagles also. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The hot name of the week, but I have a feeling he won’t be there when the Eagles draft. There are plenty of teams with worse quarterback situations than the Eagles also. 

Been my target since early in the season.  But, he will be gone.  If the Dolphins pick is high enough, I would do a small trade up for him, but would not give up any of the other 1sts.

Pickett is the guy I like as well, but he will be long gone. And if we are going to package multiple firsts for a QB, then might as well try your luck with the big 3 before even considering Pickett.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Been my target since early in the season.  But, he will be gone.  If the Dolphins pick is high enough, I would do a small trade up for him, but would not give up any of the other 1sts.

Who is to say the Dolphins won’t take him or give up their picks for Watson? They’re quarterback situation is just as much in flux as the Eagles. 

23 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

What between? If we don't go with Hurts in 2022 what would you do?

Probably try and trade for someone, I guess. I've been told that nobody coming out of college is worth a crap

I think the only options are: 1) Keep Hurts and start him in 2022, or 2) Flip Hurts and some draft picks for a veteran. Minshew stays as backup next year either way. There's little value trading him. I see no QBs in this year's draft better than Hurts now. So at best, picking one is another QB-Factory decision. (How'd that work out last time?) So it'll be Hurts' job for at least one more year while the rookie develops.  

If they try for a veteran, I favor Wilson. He's younger than Rodgers, he doesn't have the baggage Watson has, he's around the same age as Cousins and likely better. But how long do any of these guys have left, really? They're in decline (except Watson, who might go off to prison). Maybe they got 1 or 2 or so good years left. Does it matter? Guys like Cox, Kelce, LJ, Slay are over 30 years old, they don't have much left either. So go for it all while they're stacked at the lines? Then it all goes away in a year or two, they will have to rebuild.

Or, does Hurts give them enough to compete? They're in the playoffs. I think where I eventually land is give Hurts at least one more year to develop and see what we got. More options may open up in the future.

31 minutes ago, greend said:

Probably try and trade for someone, I guess. I've been told that nobody coming out of college is worth a crap

Yeah that's what I've heard. Some people like Pickett, but most mock drafts have him comfortably going top 10 now.

I also don't really see any viable options for trade. 

Surely better to roll with Hurts next year and try and trade down in the draft for a 1st/2nd next year when there is meant to be a better crop of QBs if Hurts doesn't work out?

27 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah that's what I've heard. Some people like Pickett, but most mock drafts have him comfortably going top 10 now.

I also don't really see any viable options for trade. 

Surely better to roll with Hurts next year and try and trade down in the draft for a 1st/2nd next year when there is meant to be a better crop of QBs if Hurts doesn't work out?

Maybe

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Almost all teams have a worse quarterback situation than the Eagles.

PFF has Hurts at #11 of 39.   He's signed, very cheaply, for the next 2 years.

Some teams have QBs who might be a little better and cost much more.  Eagles are in a better spot then them.

Burrow,  Mac Jones, Herbert seem to be better.  Maybe a few others, didn't go look at all of them.  You want the #11 QB getting paid almost nothing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Almost all teams have a worse quarterback situation than the Eagles.

PFF has Hurts at #11 of 39.   He's signed, very cheaply, for the next 2 years.

Some teams have QBs who might be a little better and cost much more.  Eagles are in a better spot then them.

Burrow,  Mac Jones, Herbert seem to be better.  Maybe a few others, didn't go look at all of them.  You want the #11 QB getting paid almost nothing.

Some people are going to need to learn to evolve just like players, coaches, and GMs. Can’t keep thinking these people can’t change and as such your opinion of them should chance with it. It’s okay to admit someone is better or worse than they were before. 

F23212F7-17FF-451F-9846-AC2FBD5AEFC9.jpeg

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who is to say the Dolphins won’t take him or give up their picks for Watson? They’re quarterback situation is just as much in flux as the Eagles. 

The Dolphins are a disaster, Flores it seems didn’t want Tua, then he brings Chan Gailey out of retirement to run the offense in 2020, he gets fired\resigns and the Dolphins name two Offensive Coordinators last Winter.  Then Charlie Frye may have been the play caller from TC - October and it’s apparently gone back to the 2 coordinators.   
 Meanwhile, Tua admitted to not learning all of Gailey’s playbook by the end of the 2020 season, and now there are rumors the GM may be in trouble for not vetting Tua properly because the current playbook had to be dumbed down for him.  
 So as not too sheet all over Tua, he did come back quickly from the same hip injury Bo Jackson had, so he does have that going for him. 

40 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

The Dolphins are a disaster, Flores it seems didn’t want Tua, then he brings Chan Gailey out of retirement to run the offense in 2020, he gets fired\resigns and the Dolphins name two Offensive Coordinators last Winter.  Then Charlie Frye may have been the play caller from TC - October and it’s apparently gone back to the 2 coordinators.   
 Meanwhile, Tua admitted to not learning all of Gailey’s playbook by the end of the 2020 season, and now there are rumors the GM may be in trouble for not vetting Tua properly because the current playbook had to be dumbed down for him.  
 So as not too sheet all over Tua, he did come back quickly from the same hip injury Bo Jackson had, so he does have that going for him. 

Well it seems pretty obvious they have their eyes on Watson, and the feeling seems to be mutual. That is the perfect fan base for a guy like Watson. They don’t care, because they’re on the beaches. The media and the fans here would destroy him.

4 hours ago, toolg said:

I think the only options are: 1) Keep Hurts and start him in 2022, or 2) Flip Hurts and some draft picks for a veteran. Minshew stays as backup next year either way. There's little value trading him. I see no QBs in this year's draft better than Hurts now. So at best, picking one is another QB-Factory decision. (How'd that work out last time?) So it'll be Hurts' job for at least one more year while the rookie develops.  

If they try for a veteran, I favor Wilson. He's younger than Rodgers, he doesn't have the baggage Watson has, he's around the same age as Cousins and likely better. But how long do any of these guys have left, really? They're in decline (except Watson, who might go off to prison). Maybe they got 1 or 2 or so good years left. Does it matter? Guys like Cox, Kelce, LJ, Slay are over 30 years old, they don't have much left either. So go for it all while they're stacked at the lines? Then it all goes away in a year or two, they will have to rebuild.

Or, does Hurts give them enough to compete? They're in the playoffs. I think where I eventually land is give Hurts at least one more year to develop and see what we got. More options may open up in the future.

There's only a 5 year difference between Rodgers and Wilson. Rodgers could end up playing for a long time like Brady. Cousins and Wilson are actually close in stats

They're in the playoffs because of the run game and yes Hurts has been a part of that but they're not in because of his passing ability

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Worst take ever

He's got more heart and passion for the game than anyone, that's why he bailed on his team for their Bowl game. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's got more heart and passion for the game than anyone, that's why he bailed on his team for their Bowl game. 

It is the new trend, and more and more players at all positions will do it.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is the new trend, and more and more players at all positions will do it.

It's shows qualities that should be avoided, especially in a position like QB. 

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's shows qualities that should be avoided, especially in a position like QB. 

No it does not, it is the same as Hurts or any other QB transferring.

LOL why would you put Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson as options? Cmon man. They are franchise changing Qb's. Rodgers obviously but I didn't think I even had to mention him because he's so damn good.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No it does not, it is the same as Hurts or any other QB transferring.

No its not.  It isn't even remotely similar.  It's not even in the same stratosphere.