Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

3 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

This^^^.

It's a no-brainer.  The only QB in the NFL who has improved more this year than Hurts is Joe Burrow and the next Joe Burrow isn't in the 2022 draft class so that's a non-starter.  With a treasure trove of draft picks, the Eagles have a great opportunity to upgrade the roster in multiple areas of need, so why would they waste those picks to get an expensive guy who is: aging and regressing (Wilson, $35 million a year), out of the game for a year with pending litigation (Watson, $39 million) or aging and has a screw loose (Rodgers, $33 million)?  They wouldn't. 

Hurts ($1.5 million) is 23 years old. It takes quarterbacks time to develop. Peyton Manning was 3-13 his first year.  Troy Aikman was 0-11 as a starter his first year.  Aaron Rodgers threw 1 touchdown - ONE - in his first three years combined.  

Roll with Hurts and Minshew.  Easy. 

Did Hurts honestly improve that much this season?

I don't know how you can make that claim. He started 16 games this season and only 4 last season. Last season was way too small of a sample size to tell if he improved much. He's displayed a lot of the concerns this season that he did coming out of college. Arm strength and accuracy.

And I think it's funny your simplified characterization of Rodgers, one of the greatest QBs who has ever lived and current league MVP as just a dude who "has a screw loose" lol. First of all, there's nothing indicating he does, but that's a very biased way to label him.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Did Hurts honestly improve that much this season?

I don't know how you can make that claim. He started 16 games this season and only 4 last season. Last season was way too small of a sample size to tell if he improved much. He's displayed a lot of the concerns this season that he did coming out of college. Arm strength and accuracy.

This is somewhat hard to quantify.

Hurts' raw stats are obviously better. His qb rate went from 77.6 to 87.2 His qbr went from 33.8 to 48.7. His pff rating went from 56.2 to 80.8. So those are three metrics to suggest he has improved. But at the same time, he had better oline play, better receivers and a better offensive game plan.

So now we have a baseline. We have seen what he can do under ideal circumstances. Next season we will get to see how he does as compared to this season. There is certainly room for growth. He averaged 262 total yards per game, 1.7 TDs and .7 turnovers. An elite qb averages 300 total yards per game, 2.5 TDs and 1 turnover. If he can keep protecting the ball while increasing his total yards and TDs, that's a sign of progress. If his numbers stay the same, it puts the team in a tough spot. If he gets worse, whether by his own play or due to injuries around him, we know that he isn't good enough to carry a team, and that his performance is based on who is around him rather than what he brings to the table.

One problem is that I think a lot of posters think they are smarter than they are. They watch a game and come to conclusions like he can't read defenses, go through progressions or can't make all the throws. There was a narrative for a while that all teams needed to do to stop him was make him throw to the left.

But, at the end of the day, all that matters is yards, points and turnovers. And now we have our baseline, and we also know what an elite qb can produce under ideal circumstances. If our offense stays healthy next year, we should get an idea of where Hurts' ceiling is. So regardless of whether or not you think he improved this year, we should have a definitive answer next year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

This is somewhat hard to quantify.

Hurts' raw stats are obviously better. His qb rate went from 77.6 to 87.2 His qbr went from 33.8 to 48.7. His pff rating went from 56.2 to 80.8. So those are three metrics to suggest he has improved. But at the same time, he had better oline play, better receivers and a better offensive game plan.

So now we have a baseline. We have seen what he can do under ideal circumstances. Next season we will get to see how he does as compared to this season. There is certainly room for growth. He averaged 262 total yards per game, 1.7 TDs and .7 turnovers. An elite qb averages 300 total yards per game, 2.5 TDs and 1 turnover. If he can keep protecting the ball while increasing his total yards and TDs, that's a sign of progress. If his numbers stay the same, it puts the team in a tough spot. If he gets worse, whether by his own play or due to injuries around him, we know that he isn't good enough to carry a team, and that his performance is based on who is around him rather than what he brings to the table.

One problem is that I think a lot of posters think they are smarter than they are. They watch a game and come to conclusions like he can't read defenses, go through progressions or can't make all the throws. There was a narrative for a while that all teams needed to do to stop him was make him throw to the left.

But, at the end of the day, all that matters is yards, points and turnovers. And now we have our baseline, and we also know what an elite qb can produce under ideal circumstances. If our offense stays healthy next year, we should get an idea of where Hurts' ceiling is. So regardless of whether or not you think he improved this year, we should have a definitive answer next year. 

I think Sirianni told you as much, by completely changing the offense to be run-based.

I think one of the biggest variables is last season the Eagles tried to throw the ball a lot under Doug and this season they significantly cut down on that.

I believe that if Sirianni ran a typical heavy pass-based offense this season with Hurts, we'd see it reflected statistically a lot more. I haven't done this yet, but I bet if you took the 3 games last season where Hurts played a full game and compared that to the games this season where Hurts threw the football a comparable number of times, it would look quite similar. Actually, I'll do the numbers now.

I took his 3 full start games of 2020, which all had 30+ attempts passing and compared them with all games of 2021 that had 30+ passes attempted.

2020: 55% completions 5/2 TD/INT ratio 85.5 QB Rating

2021: 60.9% completions 9/6 TD/INT ratio. 82.06 QB Rating

Not that much different aside from completion %, but who knows what Hurts would've been if he played a full 16 games in 2020. And also remember a lot of the Hurts completions in those games this season were in garbage time when the other team had a big league and played back on defense. Like vs the Chiefs and Dallas.

The problem is, in sports you don't always have the luxury is waiting and seeing how things play out. Sometimes opportunities pop up and you need to strike while the iron is hot or you miss your chance. The best GMs in sports are ahead of the curve and make moves before everyone else catches on. Sixers fans learned this the hard way with Ben Simmons.

3 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I think Sirianni told you as much, by completely changing the offense to be run-based.

I think one of the biggest variables is last season the Eagles tried to throw the ball a lot under Doug and this season they significantly cut down on that.

I believe that if Sirianni ran a typical heavy pass-based offense this season with Hurts, we'd see it reflected statistically a lot more. I haven't done this yet, but I bet if you took the 3 games last season where Hurts played a full game and compared that to the games this season where Hurts threw the football a comparable number of times, it would look quite similar. Actually, I'll do the numbers now.

I took his 3 full start games of 2020, which all had 30+ attempts passing and compared them with all games of 2021 that had 30+ passes attempted.

2020: 55% completions 5/2 TD/INT ratio 85.5 QB Rating

2021: 60.9% completions 9/6 TD/INT ratio. 82.06 QB Rating

Not that much different aside from completion %, but who knows what Hurts would've been if he played a full 16 games in 2020. And also remember a lot of the Hurts completions in those games this season were in garbage time when the other team had a big league and played back on defense. Like vs the Chiefs and Dallas.

The problem is, in sports you don't always have the luxury is waiting and seeing how things play out. Sometimes opportunities pop up and you need to strike while the iron is hot or you miss your chance. The best GMs in sports are ahead of the curve and make moves before everyone else catches on. Sixers fans learned this the hard way with Ben Simmons.

Ben Simmons has far more in common with Carson Worst than he does with Jalen Hurts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arsenal79 said:

Ben Simmons has far more in common with Carson Worst than he does with Jalen Hurts.

Not comparing the players, comparing the general situation of realizing a player's fatal flaws and the cashing out on their value before their value depreciates and others catch on to it. Hurts is a bad passer. The narrative is going to be "let's wait and see how he develops, his passing is going to get better" and as each year goes by and it doesn't get much better(because accuracy rarely does to a significant degree and arm strength virtually never gets better) then when he's 27 years old and he's still basically the same player, everyone will realize they should have recognized this in the beginning and waited too long to get rid of him.

The Sixers saw Simmons' inability and reluctance to shoot and should've realized in the modern NBA you need shooting. Especially when you're trying to compliment a center. Simmons' historically bad and tentativeness on shooting should've been a sign to trade him at max value ASAP. But, they didn't. It was "wait and see, he'll develop the jumper!"

When you have an asset that has value and has a fatal flaw in their game, cash out on that chip while ya still can is the moral of the story.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

To me this argument comes down to  if the Eagles trade for one of the available guys they’re basically giving up about a seven player swing. Is any of these three (Rodgers, Wilson, and Watson) worth about seven players? Trading for any of these three likely will cost at least three picks, and they will dominate any cap space left. Right now the Eagles have between 12-13 mil of capspace, but they could probably get that number to about 30 mil. Considering the Eagles just resigned three of their own and that cost them about 12 mil against the 2022 Cap at most by trading for one of these three plus their 2022 salaries the most the Eagles could likely get are some minimum contract prove it deal veterans. If the Eagles held pat, used their 3 firsts on the team, and with Jalen’s very low salary the Eagles with 30 mil could still sign some significant free agents. They could pull at least two maybe three upper level free agent talents. To me the answer is none of these three are worth giving up a chance to build a talented team for a longer period of time just for one or two seasons of hope. Wilson is a diminishing player, Rodgers is hinting retirement, and Watson faces a suspension, and he’s already proven he can’t do it alone. That’s not to mention his year of rust and injury history. To me it’s obvious that this team must be built through the draft and impact free agents. Not by having an incomplete roster and hoping one of these guys can throw the team to a victory. 

Yeah this.  Hurts is doing quite well for how cheap he is.  The Eagles have picks for players and money for free agents.  Just do that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Not comparing the players, comparing the general situation of realizing a player's fatal flaws and the cashing out on their value before their value depreciates and others catch on to it. Hurts is a bad passer. The narrative is going to be "let's wait and see how he develops, his passing is going to get better" and as each year goes by and it doesn't get much better(because accuracy rarely does to a significant degree and arm strength virtually never gets better) then when he's 27 years old and he's still basically the same player, everyone will realize they should have recognized this in the beginning and waited too long to get rid of him.

The Sixers saw Simmons' inability and reluctance to shoot and should've realized in the modern NBA you need shooting. Especially when you're trying to compliment a center. Simmons' historically bad and tentativeness on shooting should've been a sign to trade him at max value ASAP. But, they didn't. It was "wait and see, he'll develop the jumper!"

When you have an asset that has value and has a fatal flaw in their game, cash out on that chip while ya still can is the moral of the story.

One major difference in the "general situation" of the players is that Simmons has become a cancer ... Hurts is the complete opposite.  Maybe an opportunity presents itself to get a late 1st/early 2nd for him (in essence trading a 2020 mid 2nd rd pick for a late 2022 1st or early 2022 2nd).  It's a wash value wise.  Being on a reasonable 2nd round rookie salary, even if he is here for only the duration of his contract, it is well worth having him around considering how much he is contributing (unlike many other 2nd rd picks that gave us nothing).  He led us to the playoffs where the experience will be invaluable for all players.  The culture he is helping Sirianni to establish is also huge.  All things considered, I don't know why you wouldn't want to give him the length of his contract to remain here.  If he proves he isn't the guy by his final year, you can always move him then.  

I voted roll with Hurts, but if the opportunity to get Watson or Wilson came up for no more than one 1st rounder I would take it. That won’t happen, though and doubt we have ANY path to get Rodgers.

This team needs more playmakers on defense and another long term IOL. That is where the first 4 picks should go this year.

I think Hurts has earned another season.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

One major difference in the "general situation" of the players is that Simmons has become a cancer ... Hurts is the complete opposite.  Maybe an opportunity presents itself to get a late 1st/early 2nd for him (in essence trading a 2020 mid 2nd rd pick for a late 2022 1st or early 2022 2nd).  It's a wash value wise.  Being on a reasonable 2nd round rookie salary, even if he is here for only the duration of his contract, it is well worth having him around considering how much he is contributing (unlike many other 2nd rd picks that gave us nothing).  He led us to the playoffs where the experience will be invaluable for all players.  The culture he is helping Sirianni to establish is also huge.  All things considered, I don't know why you wouldn't want to give him the length of his contract to remain here.  If he proves he isn't the guy by his final year, you can always move him then.  

I think a better comparison would be Andre Igodala. Great athlete had all the intangibles but could never develop his shot to be a consistent scoring threat to become a star. Even though Philly tried to force him into becoming one. 

10 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

Yeah this.  Hurts is doing quite well for how cheap he is.  The Eagles have picks for players and money for free agents.  Just do that.

This isn’t even a question. Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson will not make this team a SB contender when their opponents are consistently completing 90% of their passes. If these guys guaranteed Super Bowls like everyone is claiming they would then they wouldn’t have only two of them between them with their combined 29 years of professional experience. Not even going to count up their tremendous cap hit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

This isn’t even a question. Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson will not make this team a SB contender when their opponents are consistently completing 90% of their passes. If these guys guaranteed Super Bowls like everyone is claiming they would then they wouldn’t have only two of them between them with their combined 29 years of professional experience. Not even going to count up their tremendous cap hit. 

And I know offense is key in today's NFL but I do think people then overlook the defense. The Chiefs turnaround this year came because their defense majorly improved. The Bucs have a very good defense and that was the Foundation of their SB win last year. The Titans have a really good defense. The Colts have a really good defense as do the Pats and the Rams. Even the Packers this year have been really good on defense and the Cowboys too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Because you could miss out on opportunities that come along during that time and there's no guarantee you'll get a better opportunity later.

We still have to see how everything shakes out, but the 2022 offseason has the potential to have the most elite QBs on the trade market in NFL history. If all of Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson are all on the market, that would be unprecedented. Nothing like it ever before. And the Eagles happen to have 3 first round picks at this exact same time.

This could be a once in a generation opportunity for the Eagles here.

If that situation didn't exist, I would be more inclined to agree... with the exception of a future draft class. Like, if in 2023, the Eagles had the opportunity to draft Bryce Young, then yeah, you do it and send Hurts packing,.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Winning multiple games and having home field advantage every year gives you better odds.

Question.  Eagles are currently a playoff team.  With Hurts, how many games can the win ??  1, 2, 3 or 4 ??

22 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

If, and I stress if you can get Rodgers/Watson/Wilson how in the world would that be dumb?

I honestly don't know what's gotten into people. You have a chance to add either one of the 3 best QBs in NFL history and current league MVP in Rodgers, one of the best QBs of this generation in Wilson, or a top 6 QB under 27 in Watson and that is "dumb."

If the Eagles had any of those guys currently on the roster, aside from maybe Watson because of his legal issues, and someone started a thread saying "Would you trade Rodgers away for draft picks and Jalen Hurts?" people would think the thread was trolling and it would probably be deleted by mods for trolling. That's how laughable it would be.

If you can add any of those guys, of course you do it. The Eagles would be an instant contender, sans Watson if he gets suspended by Goodell.

I don't know when Eagles fans got so complacent with mediocrity. They have a mediocre QB and a mediocre season and people are cool not pursuing upgrades at the most important position in sports. INSANITY!

How many rings do Wilson, Watson and Rodgers have?

All of them are prime examples of what paying an elite QB while gutting the rest of your roster will do for your SB chances.

Rodgers probably has his best shot at winning another one this year and whether he does or doesn't he'll either hang them up or go play in San Fran, he ain't coming to Pennsylvania.

Wilson is regularly among the best regular season passers in the NFL and has only beaten the Lions and the 2019 Eagles in the playoffs since 2015.

Watson is the best example of just how much difference a QB makes to a win loss record, he put up incredible numbers 2 years ago and the Texans sucked gigantic amounts of ass, putting up the exact same win loss record as they have with Davis Mills bumbling around back there, and even if he gets away with the criminal charges, he's always going to be a civil suit waiting to happen.

And to sign any of them, we'd have to perform salary cap gymnastics the like of which are rarely seen, and to get the sort of money required it may not be that we just get rid of old dudes.

Plus go back through NFL history, find me a blockbuster multiple first round pick trade for a superstar player that worked out for the buying team, particularly where the buying team was in the position we currently are?, History is littered with GM's who look like horses arses after ponying up a king's ransom of draft picks on a player who was never the same as he was on his original team.

So it's not about accepting mediocrity it's about recognising that giving Green Bay, Seattle or Houston the draft picks and cap space to rebuild their rosters and ensuring we have to weaken ours is an absurdity and in all likelyhood we'd have a couple more wins at best, before falling short in the playoffs, but with a $100million millstone QB contract on the books.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I know offense is key in today's NFL but I do think people then overlook the defense. The Chiefs turnaround this year came because their defense majorly improved. The Bucs have a very good defense and that was the Foundation of their SB win last year. The Titans have a really good defense. The Colts have a really good defense as do the Pats and the Rams. Even the Packers this year have been really good on defense and the Cowboys too.

Certain people around here are obsessed with pass percentage rates. At most this leads to inconclusive answers and not actual proof this is a winning formula considering two of the top five teams are the Jaguars and the Jets. Ironically all of the teams except for the Saints with the lowest pass percentages are playoff teams. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Winning multiple games and having home field advantage every year gives you better odds.

Question.  Eagles are currently a playoff team.  With Hurts, how many games can the win ??  1, 2, 3 or 4 ??

Answer isn’t clear today. It’s actually a dumb question considering it’s his first season as a starter. What is absolute is the fact any of the current wanted quarterbacks are going to a) cost draft capital, and b) cost significant cap spending. Can you tell be beyond a shadow of doubt Russell Wilson makes this defense better? 

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think a better comparison would be Andre Igodala. Great athlete had all the intangibles but could never develop his shot to be a consistent scoring threat to become a star. Even though Philly tried to force him into becoming one. 

Ironically though he was surrounded by great talents and he became a vital piece to championship teams. Getting one of these elite quarterbacks in here is like having Allen Iverson. Great talent. Great individual numbers, and zero championships. It’s actually kind of worse. It’s getting older Allen Iverson. Here based on name and the assumption he’s going to take us to the promised land only to realize he’s not the player he used to be.

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ironically though he was surrounded by great talents and he became a vital piece to championship teams. Getting one of these elite quarterbacks in here is like having Allen Iverson. Great talent. Great individual numbers, and zero championships. It’s actually kind of worse. It’s getting older Allen Iverson. Here based on name and the assumption he’s going to take us to the promised land only to realize he’s not the player he used to be.

Oh absolutely Igodala could do it all which is what made him such a great piece to a championship team. He just wasn't elite in anything that could carry a team by himself.

People get to caught up in having super stars and great players at every position. Role players are every bit as important to a championship as the super stars are. I don't think we have enough of the good solid players to compliment a few star players just yet. 

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Certain people around here are obsessed with pass percentage rates. At most this leads to inconclusive answers and not actual proof this is a winning formula considering two of the top five teams are the Jaguars and the Jets. Ironically all of the teams except for the Saints with the lowest pass percentages are playoff teams. 

I mean also look at Hurts TD passes... 16 that is not impressive at all. But you've got to add his 10 rushing TDs to that and that suddenly doesn't look at all bad. It isn't great but it isn't bad either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

How many rings do Wilson, Watson and Rodgers have?

All of them are prime examples of what paying an elite QB while gutting the rest of your roster will do for your SB chances.

Rodgers probably has his best shot at winning another one this year and whether he does or doesn't he'll either hang them up or go play in San Fran, he ain't coming to Pennsylvania.

Wilson is regularly among the best regular season passers in the NFL and has only beaten the Lions and the 2019 Eagles in the playoffs since 2015.

Watson is the best example of just how much difference a QB makes to a win loss record, he put up incredible numbers 2 years ago and the Texans sucked gigantic amounts of ass, putting up the exact same win loss record as they have with Davis Mills bumbling around back there, and even if he gets away with the criminal charges, he's always going to be a civil suit waiting to happen.

And to sign any of them, we'd have to perform salary cap gymnastics the like of which are rarely seen, and to get the sort of money required it may not be that we just get rid of old dudes.

Plus go back through NFL history, find me a blockbuster multiple first round pick trade for a superstar player that worked out for the buying team, particularly where the buying team was in the position we currently are?, History is littered with GM's who look like horses arses after ponying up a king's ransom of draft picks on a player who was never the same as he was on his original team.

So it's not about accepting mediocrity it's about recognising that giving Green Bay, Seattle or Houston the draft picks and cap space to rebuild their rosters and ensuring we have to weaken ours is an absurdity and in all likelyhood we'd have a couple more wins at best, before falling short in the playoffs, but with a $100million millstone QB contract on the books.

I don't think the rings thing is really a good argument to make. The goal is to make your team a contender and give yourself a shot. Whenever you have to compete against other elite QBs to win, you're not guaranteed to get a ring. But the Seahawks and Packers have been contenders almost every year under Rodgers and Wilson. That is what you want if you're an Eagles fan. 2 rings are nothing to scoff at. I'd kill to have the Andy Reid days in Philly again and the Eagles didn't get a ring. Since Reid left, the organization has not been the same overall, despite the one amazing year in 2017. Right now the Eagles have no chance to win a Super Bowl. With Rodgers/Wilson/Watson they'd have a chance. That's where the value is.

2020 was an anomaly year for Watson. Since he got there, the Texans made the playoffs and he made them relevant. They gave the Super Bowl champs a real run for their money when they played the Chiefs. I'd take that over what the Eagles have now. And look at how teams generally perform when they lose their franchise QBs and find out just how much of an anomaly that season actually is.

You add Rodgers to the Eagles and they'd be the Vegas favorites in the NFC to make it to the SB. Wilson... not as much because he's not as good as Rodgers, but they'd have a much greater chance. And they're known commodities. There's no guarantee that trade would even weaken your team, it would depend on whom you draft. If those first rounders ending up being another Dillard, Reagor, and Derek Barnett, you aren't losing much.

Most blockbuster trades for superstars happen when the player is past their prime, and secondly, it depends on how you mean "worked out." If your bar is set on that team winning a Super Bowl, of course most trades aren't going to work out. It's impossible odds for that to ever happen. But you have to focus specifically on QBs here, not other positions. And QBs as good as Rodgers, Wilson, and Watson rarely get traded when they still play at a high level. It's almost unprecedented. So there's really not anything there to compare it to.

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Answer isn’t clear today. It’s actually a dumb question considering it’s his first season as a starter. What is absolute is the fact any of the current wanted quarterbacks are going to a) cost draft capital, and b) cost significant cap spending. Can you tell be beyond a shadow of doubt Russell Wilson makes this defense better? 

Not a dumb question.  We are in, and opponent will be Tampa Bay or Los Angeles.  Can they win a game ??

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Not a dumb question.  We are in, and opponent will be Tampa Bay or Los Angeles.  Can they win a game ??

Can you tell me one of these quarterbacks you’re thirsting for beyond a shadow of doubt makes this defense better? 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Can you tell me one of these quarterbacks you’re thirsting for beyond a shadow of doubt makes this defense better? 

Nope.  But they can overcome the defensive deficiencies by sustaining drives and scoring points.  If you can’t even say we could maybe win a game, we already need to upgrade at QB.

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean also look at Hurts TD passes... 16 that is not impressive at all. But you've got to add his 10 rushing TDs to that and that suddenly doesn't look at all bad. It isn't great but it isn't bad either. 

I believe the Eagles have also had a least 10 touchdown passes called back for penalties or flat out dropped by receivers this season. Downundermike likes to say Wentz would have had over 40 touchdowns  in 2017 he didn’t even throw. Meanwhile Hurts threw ten extra touchdowns that weren’t even counted. Now add that to his list. We are talking 26 touchdown passes to go with 10 rushing. Suddenly Hurts is well over 30 total touchdowns. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I believe the Eagles have also had a least 10 touchdown passes called back for penalties or flat out dropped by receivers this season. Downundermike likes to say Wentz would have had over 40 touchdowns  in 2017 he didn’t even throw. Meanwhile Hurts threw ten extra touchdowns that weren’t even counted. Now add that to his list. We are talking 26 touchdown passes to go with 10 rushing. Suddenly Hurts is well over 30 total touchdowns. 

It is not 10, and everyone has dropped passes, so if we add for Hurts we have to add for everyone else, then his 26 does not look impressive.