Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

The amazon link goes to amazon with a search result of eagles products

One of the links does (there's three different Amazon links, all of which have our affiliate code attached). It doesn't matter that one leads to Eagles gear, you don't have to buy Eagles gear. Once you click, the cookie gets set and anything that you buy be it Eagles gear or something unrelated, will give the commission that it would otherwise would.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One of the links does (there's three different Amazon links, all of which have our affiliate code attached). It doesn't matter that one leads to Eagles gear, you don't have to buy Eagles gear. Once you click, the cookie gets set and anything that you buy be it Eagles gear or something unrelated, will give the commission that it would otherwise would.

I figured as much

I like that the AMAZON tab at the top goes directly to amazon. That will likely help me remember to click it before I purchase something lol

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I figured as much

I like that the AMAZON tab at the top goes directly to amazon. That will likely help me remember to click it before I purchase something lol

Yeah, the one that leads to Eagles gear was actually made as a test to see if it would work. I didn't mean to use it but since it was there, I just left it. 

On 8/3/2022 at 11:39 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, the one that leads to Eagles gear was actually made as a test to see if it would work. I didn't mean to use it but since it was there, I just left it. 

This may be a stupid suggestion...... Since a lot of us on this board have pets have you tried any pet related links for this as well? Especially chewy? Otherwise I don't use Amazon or fanatics. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This may be a stupid suggestion...... Since a lot of us on this board have pets have you tried any pet related links for this as well? Especially chewy? Otherwise I don't use Amazon or fanatics. 

I haven't, but I can check it out and see. Maybe Petco too. 

Made a small amazon purchase last night. I love how you really feel good about yourself buying stuff on amazon these days. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Made a small amazon purchase last night. I love how you really feel good about yourself buying stuff on amazon these days. 

You don’t have to be modest, we know your butt plug is huge

On 8/11/2022 at 11:19 PM, downundermike said:

You don’t have to be modest, we know your butt plug is huge

How would you possibly know that Mike.  You engage in butt plug activities?

• 2 weeks later...

Another potential source for board revenue is our YouTube channel. We haven't really used it, other than for a few (little used), live chat sessions during some games last season. But if we can get 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watched hours (which might be difficult without some content), I can apply for monetization. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgddcxcinminXP9MFcEaDzg

If anyone has any ideas for content, let me know. If anyone wants to make some videos for the channel, let me know. 

This is where we currently are, with regard to how far away we are, to being able to monetize on YouTube. 

EMB YouTube.PNG

So we need content (and subscribers). 

I'm not sure how we'd get content for youtube. Maybe someone or a group of posters could do game breakdowns. They'd have to be okay with the profits only going to the boards though

I'd be interested to hear about @justrelax breakdowns of the Oline

Guest justrelax
58 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm not sure how we'd get content for youtube. Maybe someone or a group of posters could do game breakdowns. They'd have to be okay with the profits only going to the boards though

I'd be interested to hear about @justrelax breakdowns of the Oline

Unfortunately I'm too stupid to grab anything more than screenshots. I can't seem to grab clips, which we would need for anything on Youtube. I'll look into it, though.

18 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Unfortunately I'm too stupid to grab anything more than screenshots. I can't seem to grab clips, which we would need for anything on Youtube. I'll look into it, though.

Clips would cause copyright issues and prevent us from being able to monetize. A series of still images or even animated gifs might work though. Not ideal, but the NFL is pretty strict with its copyrights and YouTube just wouldn't approve us with clips being used. 

Guest justrelax
3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Clips would cause copyright issues and prevent us from being able to monetize. A series of still images or even animated gifs might work though. Not ideal, but the NFL is pretty strict with its copyrights and YouTube just wouldn't approve us with clips being used. 

I thought that might be the case.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

5 hours ago, justrelax said:

Haven't I seen you draw lines on still pics before to demonstrate where blockers are about to go? That might be as good as we can do and I think, would still be awesome.

Lot of time and work from you though. While most people can just donate 20 bucks or click an amazon link, youd really be pulling a ton of weight helping in this way.

If the board can achieve monetization status, I think its only fair if the money gets split to pay the contributors for their time spent on content creation. 

But, that would really be awesome to see not only the fans support their own boards, which the eagles said were not active- but then to go on and create a successful youtube channel as well. 

Here's August's Amazon numbers, as well as the Year to Date total.

Spoiler

August.png

YTD 2022.PNG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

What happened to the Amazon link?

Nothing should have happened to it. Looking at the board as a guest, I see it on the tabs at the top of the board. Is that not visible for members? I can't see it because I can't accidentally click it, if I did and then made a purchase, we could lose our affiliation. 

amazon.PNG

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Nothing should have happened to it. Looking at the board as a guest, I see it on the tabs at the top of the board. Is that not visible for members? I can't see it because I can't accidentally click it, if I did and then made a purchase, we could lose our affiliation. 

amazon.PNG

Looks exactly like that for me when logged in.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Looks exactly like that for me when logged in.

I'm wanting to be as unobtrusive as possible with ads (if you consider that to be an ad). That's why I put it on the tabs instead of elsewhere, like other ads show up. Though I think I had it displaying at the bottom of the board at one time, too. I don't know if it's still there though. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm wanting to be as unobtrusive as possible with ads (if you consider that to be an ad). That's why I put it on the tabs instead of elsewhere, like other ads show up. Though I think I had it displaying at the bottom of the board at one time, too. I don't know if it's still there though. 

The bottom only has the youtube and twitter icons.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The bottom only has the youtube and twitter icons.

Check now. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Boom, there it is.

I must have disabled it when I set up the tab. Down there at the bottom, it's not really obtrusive. I doubt many people even scroll down that far to even see it lol. 

• Like 1