Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, that's an Amazon thing and we have no control over the cookies. 

Oh ok. Thanks anyway. I forget to click the link a lot lol

• 2 weeks later...

Keep it up on Amazon, this month has been a good one, so far. We're currently at $57.84 (July 1 to July 14). I can't say for sure, off the top of my head, but this might be our best month yet. 

• Like 1

Please let me know if anything shows up from my Amazon purchases this evening. I'd like to think I'm contributing to the cause.

14 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Please let me know if anything shows up from my Amazon purchases this evening. I'd like to think I'm contributing to the cause.

As of right now, for the 18th, we're showing a commission of $0.56. More could show up later, after items actually get charged and ship. 

On Amazon, we're on pace for between $110 and $115 for the month of July. Adsense is averaging somewhere around $25 to $30 per month. 

If we can keep that pace, or better, for all 12 months of the year, the EMB will pay for itself 100% just by being online and operating, without any need for donations. That's been my goal since day one and I can see the light at the end of that tunnel... if we all keep up what we're doing. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

On Amazon, we're on pace for between $110 and $115 for the month of July. Adsense is averaging somewhere around $25 to $30 per month. 

If we can keep that pace, or better, for all 12 months of the year, the EMB will pay for itself 100% just by being online and operating, without any need for donations. That's been my goal since day one and I can see the light at the end of that tunnel... if we all keep up what we're doing. 

Thatd be nice, but this month had to have been majorly skewed by prime day. 

Hate to say it but we wont maintain this pace all year.

Good news is, if more people remembered this on prime day, hopefully they will all continue to remember it as we are getting closer to the holiday shopping season. So we can get another spike there as well. We probably didnt benefit much from prime day, or black friday last year. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thatd be nice, but this month had to have been majorly skewed by prime day. 

Hate to say it but we wont maintain this pace all year.

Good news is, if more people remembered this on prime day, hopefully they will all continue to remember it as we are getting closer to the holiday shopping season. So we can get another spike there as well. We probably didnt benefit much from prime day, or black friday last year. 

That started on the 12th and ended on the 13th, right? We made $14.72 in that 24 hours, but the 14th was the best day of the month (so far), we got $17.08 that day alone and the 15th we got $11.42. $5.14 on the 19th. So Prime Day added a nice amount, but take that $14.72 away and we're still on pace for $91.82 for the month. Add that to the AdSense income, and we're so close to fully funded that we have no worries... and I haven't checked the Fanatics revenue lately. That's usually not much, but a few dollars here and there all help. 

Of course, that's not to say that Prime Day didn't totally influence those other days. But, that just shows that if everyone is mindful about using the link whenever possible, we can TOTALLY do this with no 'out of pocket' expenses from anyone (other than what they buy on Amazon). 

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That started on the 12th and ended on the 13th, right? We made $14.72 in that 24 hours, but the 14th was the best day of the month (so far), we got $17.08 that day alone and the 15th we got $11.42. $5.14 on the 19th. So Prime Day added a nice amount, but take that $14.72 away and we're still on pace for $91.82 for the month. Add that to the AdSense income, and we're so close to fully funded that we have no worries... and I haven't checked the Fanatics revenue lately. That's usually not much, but a few dollars here and there all help. 

Of course, that's not to say that Prime Day didn't totally influence those other days. But, that just shows that if everyone is mindful about using the link whenever possible, we can TOTALLY do this with no 'out of pocket' expenses from anyone (other than what they buy on Amazon). 

I agree. Everyone should use the link or be forced to cut off a limb. 

I keep forgetting during my small purchases of $10-400 to use the link I guess since its so quick. Seams i always remind myself in the big ones though over $500, lol. Think Ive used it in the last two months for a little over $3k worth of purchases. 

• Like 1

This month may well be an outlier, but it's going to be a great month regardless. We're on pace for almost $120, $6 of that can be attributed to a Redskin fan (one of my brothers). 

I really wish I could use the link myself. That might add $120 per month alone lol. 

• Like 1

I'm doing a little bit of an experiment with the guest ads, shown below. Those links that show the Amazon logo, lead to Amazon using our affiliate code. So anyone that clicks on them will be taken to Amazon via our account. 

Of course, as a disclosure (which Amazon requires), we're an Amazon affiliate so anyone that does click on it should understand that we will receive a commission for any purchases made within the next 24 hours of clicking the link. Those commissions will all go toward keeping the EMB funded and online. 

Spoiler

Amazon Link.PNG

alt.PNG

So far, since I put the first Amazon link there (yesterday), there's been 44 clicks. That doesn't mean that anyone bought anything, of course. But that sets the 24 hour cookie and maybe we'll get some additional commissions that way. 

• Like 1

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, you'll notice an Amazon logo. Clicking that will take you to Amazon using our link. I can place that logo/link, basically anywhere on the board. But I picked the bottom of the forum to start off with as an experiment. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, you'll notice an Amazon logo. Clicking that will take you to Amazon using our link. I can place that logo/link, basically anywhere on the board. But I picked the bottom of the forum to start off with as an experiment. 

So it's the same link as the one in the store? Is it also the same 24 hours?

18 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

So it's the same link as the one in the store? Is it also the same 24 hours?

Yes, same link, or at least it does the same thing with regard to how it works. It's just a way that I can put it out in the open, rather than having it hidden in a thread. I also have it rotating for guests with the other ads.

• Thanks 1

I've added a tab under the board's banner, which leads to Amazon. So everyone can (and hopefully will), click it from time to time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've added a tab under the board's banner, which leads to Amazon. So everyone can (and hopefully will), click it from time to time. 

does that count as a click on the ad-sense account as well? or different? Would be nice if we were double dipping getting money for the click through ad sense, and then money for the purchase on amazon.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

does that count as a click on the ad-sense account as well? or different? Would be nice if we were double dipping getting money for the click through ad sense, and then money for the purchase on amazon.

No, AdSense is totally different, I'd actually prefer that members not click on the AdSense ads at all. Too much potential for people to think that they'll 'help' the board with clicking them, only to wind up getting the board banned from AdSense because of invalid (fraudulent) clicks. 

With the Amazon link, we don't get any commission for the clicks themselves. Only if there's a purchase after clicking through from our links.

• Like 1

Just made a purchase on Amazon today. Now that football is back I should remember to click on this emb link from now on since I'll be logging on here more often 

• Like 2

how we doing keeping this board going? hoping for a long stay

20 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Just made a purchase on Amazon today. Now that football is back I should remember to click on this emb link from now on since I'll be logging on here more often 

I've added a few links to make that easier. One at the top of the board, the "AMAZON" tab and an Amazon icon at the bottom of the board.

20 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

how we doing keeping this board going? hoping for a long stay

We're all paid up for all of this year and into April of next year, and we have the funds available to pay for all of 2023 and into April of 2024. If our Amazon and AdSense initiatives keep on pace, then the board is quickly becoming self-sufficient and just being accessed each day will pay for hosting. We're not quite there yet, but we're closing in on it. 

• Like 3

Just curious if you know, if I have items in my cart from the regular link, if I click the emb link to complete the purchase will emb still get credited? 

42 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Just curious if you know, if I have items in my cart from the regular link, if I click the emb link to complete the purchase will emb still get credited? 

I think so, but I won't swear to it. After you make the purchase, give it 24 hours then I can see if there's any commissions posted and the dollar amounts of the items purchased. From that, you can match it with what you purchased.