GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

It’s sad that I’m not even mad about that TD drive. I totally expected it as our DC Coordinator just isn’t good. Way too soft. 

Unless our Offense starts hot, this could get boring real quick. Whatever. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st off, it's early guys. No need to cut your veins open yet.

2nd, isn't this kind of expected? If this was a normal 16 game season we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Just enjoy the ride. Or don't. Turn off your TV/Radio and do some gardening 

I said it multiple times last week.  Brady has scored 30+ in 11 of his last 14 playoff games.  This game was never going to be about the defense, Hurts is going to have to lead scoring drives early and often.

1 minute ago, What The F said:

Cox taking the day off.  Middle of that td run he is standing straight up watching the guy run by.  0 effort.

I’m good with moving on from Cox in the offseason. Hell, I’d play Milton Williams more than Cox today. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Are any of you really surprised with Gannon and this defense?? They dinked and dunked up the entire length of the field and got a touchdown....its going to be a long frickin day.....

Gannon actually mixed things up a bit and played more aggressive.   Brady just got really lucky on that fake roughing call.

Just now, manz2821 said:

We need defensive playmaker. Wth happened to Hargrave. It'd going to be a long day.

I don't know what happened to him.  

1 minute ago, What The F said:

Cox taking the day off.  Middle of that td run he is standing straight up watching the guy run by.  0 effort.

Cox is as useless as titss on a bull

Let's be honest about the outcome....a blowout loss would probably be the best thing...otherwise Howie goes into "Just a few tweaks" mode and doesn't address the glaring problems with the team on defense (including the DC)

Just now, DieselEagle said:

Yep, we need some playmakers on the defense.  glad we have 3 first round picks this coming draft

With Howie making the picks. I like having 3 first rounders, but I'm still nervous. They aren't in Howie's sweet spot, and he's not good at picking defensive players.

Just now, GreenReaper said:

The philosophy on defense is hope the offense screws up. So tired of this. 

Because Gannon thinks Brady will screw up? That’s a winning idea. 

1 minute ago, Lman said:

Take brady out of the game. Would be worth a bennett penalty.

Barnett’s not going to be here next year - no big deal for him.  Fans should start a GoFundMe bounty 

Just now, DieselEagle said:

Yep, we need some playmakers on the defense.  glad we have 3 first round picks this coming draft

A high motor undersized DE would be a pick for sure. When did we draft a playmaker on D. Cox 10 years back.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Gannon has to go.  You have to scheme them into longer passes. Giving up way too much short stuff in strong winds.  Not using the conditions to help you.

Bucs average less than 6 air yds per attempt. They’re second only to us I believe.  This is what the goat does, dink and dunks and wins rings.  Not surprised by this start at all. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'd be surprised if it's a close game.

And on the NFL this morning show they actually said they expected the Eagles to keep it close......

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Over/under 50 for the Bucs today? That would be the worst thing to happen because it would guarantee Gannons return.

No, he’ll be back. Howie and Lurie will keep him "because he’s head coach material”. They’ll cite his interviews this year. We’ll be stuck with him another year I fear. 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

MIN plz hire Ganon, we will give YOU a 3rd rounder...

He can go to the Giants 😂😂

That's our bad for forgetting the biggest playoff rule. Don't hit St. Brady.

Archived