GDT: NFC Wildcard, Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1-16-22, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

10 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Why?  When you fall behind 31-0 you're forced to abandon the run game.

Moreover, I've been trying to tell you guys since forever, when it comes to playoff football against stout run defenses you need power runners, Sanders, Scott and Gainwell aren't power runners, I will admit Howard should have gotten more carries to control the clock and keep Brady off the field.

No doubt Sirianni's game plan wasn't well thought out.

Also helps if you aren't consistently going against 8 and 9 man fronts....they sold out to stop the run and just didn't respect our ability to beat them by passing. They were right 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Also helps if you aren't consistently going against 8 and 9 man fronts....they sold out to stop the run and just didn't respect our ability to beat them by passing. They were right 

Right, they definitely should have handled the 8/9 man fronts by passing, it was just a poor game plan for what they faced, a short passing concept would have done the trick. 

Just look at Brady, his career has been mostly the short passing game, how many deep threats can you recall the Pats having during his years up there?

This is why I've always said that the issue is Hurts as well as Sirianni.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:47 AM, EagleVA said:

Right, they definitely should have handled the 8/9 man fronts by passing, it was just a poor game plan for what they faced, a short passing concept would have done the trick. 

Just look at Brady, his career has been mostly the short passing game, how many deep threats can you recall the Pats having during his years up there?

This is why I've always said that the issue is Hurts as well as Sirianni.

Bit of chicken and egg. Does Siri not call quick passes because Hurts isn't good at reading defences, scanning the field and quickly making a decision, or is the reason Hurts not all that effective in the short passing game because Siri doesn't call it enough?

What I will give Siri some credit for that impressed me and reversed my opinion of him quite a bit, was the mid-season swing away from the offence he wants to run to something that really limited what Hurts does poorly and focused on what he does well

On 1/16/2022 at 8:49 PM, Iggle_nj said:

Tampa had 10 or 11 players in the box during most of the Eagles possessions. 

An NFL QB should have torn that defense to shreds with quick slants.

At the LOS identify the defense has packed the box, audible out if the run to the slant. 

Hit 2 of those slants, the Tampa D has to back off and then Sanders would have had a 100 yard game.

Seems like some NFL coaches worry too much about receivers running routes instead of just getting open. 

• 11 months later...

Archived