How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

• No, seen all I need to see
    • Yes, he is still young and can get better

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wentz thread is locked, Eagles were in the playoffs.  Why would I care about him, and why can't you stop bringing him up.  He became irrelevant the moment the draft pick was locked in.

Obsession by Calvin Klein - Buy online | Perfume.com

More lies from the board's resident habitual liar....shocker.

He ain’t it but I don’t want to chase a qb let him battle Minshew and build the D with the draft pics 

Just now, T-1000 said:

More lies from the board's resident habitual liar....shocker.

What is a lie.  He is irrelevant, he does not matter to the Jalen Hurts discussion.  Why are you bringing him up, oh thats right......

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

What is a lie.  He is irrelevant, he does not matter to the Jalen Hurts discussion.  Why are you bringing him up, oh thats right......

Just because you keep repeating the same image over and over again doesn't make it clever. I feel dirty even having to explain this level of cringe to you. Whatever it takes to get the attention off of the actual discussion at hand and your multiple lies though I guess.

Just now, T-1000 said:

Just because you keep repeating the same image over and over again doesn't make it clever. I feel dirty even having to explain this level of cringe to you. Whatever it takes to get the attention off of the actual discussion at hand and your multiple lies though I guess.

The discussion is about Jalen Hurts and how much he sucks.  It has nothing to do with any other teams QB, yet you keep bringing them up.

1 hour ago, T-1000 said:

Context being left out of this is laughable. In the real world context matters. What are the REALISTIC options to upgrade him with. Do they need to give up multiple assets and/or spend big cap on said upgrade which limits their ability to fill the other MULTIPLE holes this team has.

I don't know if Hurts is the answer, but I don't know he isn't either and acting like a QB in his second year as a starter doesn't have the potential to get better is silly. Not to mention, this team is far from being a QB away from being a legit contender.

Lots of short sighted thinking going on while trying to push an agenda and not understanding nuance or simple critical thinking whatsoever.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Not the best timing to post this when everyone is pissed at the L (which no doubt he had a huge hand in). 

He looked bad and all of his weaknesses were magnified. 

He may not be the guy, I've always said that and certainly that game pointed to that maybe he isn't.

But you can't overreact after one game, going against the GOAT when the Eagles were clearly over matched at every level and in coaching.

Stick with the plan. Build the team in the draft and through free agency, try and get some more ammo for 2023 and see where we are after 2022. Hurts getting another year still makes sense.

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

He looked bad and all of his weaknesses were magnified. 

He may not be the guy, I've always said that and certainly that game pointed to that maybe he isn't.

But you can't overreact after one game, going against the GOAT when the Eagles were clearly over matched at every level and in coaching.

Stick with the plan. Build the team in the draft and through free agency, try and get some more ammo for 2023 and see where we are after 2022. Hurts getting another year still makes sense.

Yep, common sense, all of this.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

He wasn't going against the GOAT, he was going against Tampa's defense that is ranked 20th in yards allowed.

I didn't vote.  I think Hurts is the guy next year unless the team gets good value in an exchange.  Hurts can get better, and it won't be for lack of an effort or attitude.  The guy has a good career ahead of him.  I don't think he's the guy though that's going to carry the team deep into the playoffs.  In today's NFL, if you want to the brass ring, that's what you need.

Hurts is a good QB who can get better, but he has a ceiling.

I see no point in spending any capital on a QB when we have so many other needs. I'd prefer we improve elsewhere and see where we are at after next season. At that point we could be a QB away from being a contender and have the cap space to spend freely. If the QB draft picture looked more promising it would be a different story. Bringing in a FA would be a waste of time and money. I'd rather get the rest of our house in order first.

3 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

I see no point in spending any capital on a QB when we have so many other needs. I'd prefer we improve elsewhere and see where we are at after next season. At that point we could be a QB away from being a contender and have the cap space to spend freely. If the QB draft picture looked more promising it would be a different story. Bringing in a FA would be a waste of time and money. I'd rather get the rest of our house in order first.

Did you not watch what happened today ??

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did you not watch what happened today ??

Of course and I saw a whole lot more than just bad QB play. We have other needs today and will have even more needs tomorrow. What QB out there is going to make up for all the other shortcomings?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing is, instead of focusing on Hurts, just go with he's not the long term answer.  Who is the right guy to replace him as the starting QB?

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

The thing is, instead of focusing on Hurts, just go with he's not the long term answer.  Who is the right guy to replace him as the starting QB?

Exactly! If you're saying Hurts needs to go then please give us some names of who we replace him with.

Just now, Thing3 said:

Exactly! If you're saying Hurts needs to go then please give us some names with who we replace him with.

Minshew, Watson, Wilson, Rodgers, Pickett, Mariota, Carr, Jimmy G, Wintston, Trubisky, Corral

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's not the answer. I think he showed enough before today to get a shot next year but he undid that in one game. But the problem is the options this year is not good. 

Josh Rosen was a first round pick.   He's available.
Haskins was a first round pick.  He's available.

There are many QBs who are supposed to be good who end up sucking and are available.

You don't seem to care about winning records and making the playoffs.  Maybe you can enjoy a garbage QB drafted in the first round a couple years ago?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Minshew, Watson, Wilson, Rodgers, Pickett, Mariota, Carr, Jimmy G, Wintston, Trubisky, Corral

Come on now Mike now you are just being silly with Trubisky! Lol

9 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Exactly! If you're saying Hurts needs to go then please give us some names of who we replace him with.

A draft pick, perhaps in 2023.

• Like 2

The way I see it...

Hurts wasn't good enough to guarantee his future, but he also wasn't so terrible that we have to get rid of him...

So we're stuck in limbo. The front office has to figure this out. I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks?

• Like 3

So from the looks of it, two vet highly paid qbs in dak and jimmy have below 70 qbr. Looks like hurts is in good company.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

So from the looks of it, two vet highly paid qbs in dak and jimmy have below 70 qbr. Looks like hurts is in good company.

Hurts QBR was 20 this game, Passer rating of 60 because of garbage time.    He was closer to Wentz last week than he was to any other QB. 

• Like 2

Just now, downundermike said:

I'd add Mariota to the QB room.    Fast and cheap.  Won a playoff game.  Had a winning record with the Titans more often than a losing record.

There are players available cheaply who are better than Reid Sinnett.   Minshew can go.  Watson's "greatness" took place when the Texans went 4-12.  He's also too expensive.   Wilson was great when he was a day 2 running QB on a cheap contract,  after that,  the Seahawks weren't quite as good.  Currently too expensive.  Rodgers.  Too expensive, but maybe.  Pickett and Corral seem like they could be the next Darnold, Daniel Jones,  Josh Rosen, Haskins, Zach Wilson, or some other 1st round draft pick who has never had a winning record in the NFL.

Carr is awful,  knows how to lose.  No playoff wins in 8 years,  and the same number of playoff appearances as Hurts.   And he costs a lot more than Hurts.   Definitely NO there.  Both worse than Hurts and considerably more expensive.   There are some options  - Wilson and Rodgers - who are great players, but very expensive.  Most of those other players are not better than Hurts. 

Jimmy G, Winston and Trubisky aren't bad ideas.  Jimmy G looks like a fairly expensive starter.  Winston played well this year before being hurt,  and if he left he'd be pretty expensive.   Winston was 5-2 this year.  Taysom Hill was 4-1 this year.   That's 9-3.  Not Winston + Hill was 0-5.  The Saints might just want to stay the course unless Brees wants to come back.  9-3 is a record you want to stick with.  Trubisky has a winning record in the NFL, took the Bears to the playoffs twice in 2 years, and he's cheap.  

If the Eagles want to add to the QB room,   Trubisky is making $2.5 M this year.  Mariota is making $3.5 M this year.  Both are FAs.  Hurts should remain the starter,  and the Eagles have a number of different ways to improve the QB room,  but Trubisky and Mariota look like the types of players to put in the QB room instead of Sinnett and Minshew.   If the Eagles were to trade Minshew for a 5th or 6th,  and cut Sinnett,  sign Mariota and Trubisky for what they got this year,  the Eagles would still have a very cheap QB room.   Mariota has the high speed, high sparq / RAS.  He's faster than Hurts.  Trubisky also has quality running ability, but not at the level of Hurts and Mariota.

Another option is Tyrod Taylor.  Had a better winning percentage Texans 2021 (2-4) than Watson did Texans 2020 (4-12).  Making $5.5 M this year and a FA next year.

The Eagles had good success this year with run first offense with running QB.  It would make sense if they stayed the course with that particular system,  adding other running QBs to the QB room.   

It's pretty obvious that the Eagles really don't have the kind of great running back like Taylor, Chubb, Fournette,  Henry, Barkley, Dillon, the kind of big, excellent power back that works so well with the running QB.   Add that guy. 

• Like 1