How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

• No, seen all I need to see
    • Yes, he is still young and can get better

No Watson - cost & drama.

Be patient to find the right QB in the draft over the next 2 years. Use draft picks to build the team not only QB.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Be patient to find the right QB in the draft over the next 2 years. Use draft picks to build the team not only QB.

I don't see Howie having that much patience

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

Watson went 4-12 last year.   You think that's good?

Watson makes $30+ Million a year.  Do you really need to pay $30+ M to a QB to get you 4 wins in a year?

Hurts had a winning record for the Eagles this year.   Stay the course.  Add more talent to the defense.   Add superior blocking at the skill positions and add a big, great, powerful RB.   Even really good ones are pretty cheap sometimes.   Fournette is supposed to be a free agent. 

The Eagles simply do not have the talent that the Bucs do, and lost because of that.  The Eagles did not find a solution to the talent deficit.  Usually teams don't.

Your obsession with what the QB makes is hilarious. That's just how the league works and always will. Look at all the QBs left and tell me how much they are making 

The problem…he played today the same way he played at the beginning of the year. A few flashes of great play here and there, but no real progression. His arm won’t get better, his eyes won’t stay down field unless he rolls right escaping the pocket. He’s just not it. 

• Like 1

Nick wants to stick with Hurts. Which means we should have a very low draft pick in '23.

Yay for that... I guess.

And as for Watson. He'd be great... until he grabs another masseuse's boobs and is suspended for 6 games.

51 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm fine with going down the draft route. I just find the Watson gets you 4 wins comments comical

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Nick wants to stick with Hurts. Which means we should have a very low draft pick in '23.

Yay for that... I guess.

And as for Watson. He'd be great... until he grabs another masseuse's boobs and is suspended for 6 games.

Don’t know Nick wants that.  He is not gonna tell you the plan in a post game PC.

7 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Yay for that... I guess.

Did Nick say he wants to stick with him? If he did it means nothing right now. He will coach whoever Howie wants him to coach. Nick isn't going to say hurts sucks I want someone else. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Don’t know Nick wants that.  He is not gonna tell you the plan in a post game PC.

People believing anything coaches say in a presser is mind boggling.... 

26 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't see Howie having that much patience

Will he want to admit he's failed the QB position from Wentz to Hurts?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Will he want to admit he's failed the QB position from Wentz to Hurts?

Ha!!! He has yet to admit his WR failures! Although there have been multiple reports they were Lurie picks. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ha!!! He has yet to admit his WR failures! Although there have been multiple reports they were Lurie picks. 

For all we know, Howie feeds "reports" that Lurie interferes to shift blame. 

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

For all we know, Howie feeds "reports" that Lurie interferes to shift blame. 

Those 2 since the super bowl have been lost and are codependent on each other to take blame for one another. That is what is seems like anyway

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Oh! that simple, huh? Sure thing! Just be patient, the right QB should fall right out of the sky in 2 years time...

• Like 2

If we were outside the NFC East, I'd guess a good way to go is to fill other needs and give Hurts another season just in case he can improve -- unless a really good prospect falls to us. 

Now if I knew I had to deal with Eagles fans, I might trade Hurts for whatever I can get and take a QB because obviously most Eagles fans have written off Hurts and there is too much risk that the negativity will hurt his development. 

23 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Oh! that simple, huh? Sure thing! Just be patient, the right QB should fall right out of the sky in 2 years time...

QBs are drafted every year. If it's true that this class isn't as good as 2023, then wait. If they like a guy this year, draft him.

What are the other options? Aaron Rodgers? Wilson?

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

QBs are drafted every year. If it's true that this class isn't as good as 2023, then wait. If they like a guy this year, draft him.

What are the other options? Aaron Rodgers? Wilson?

Gardner couldn't have looked much worse than we saw today. Ride that kid out so the offense is at least being run better and the skill positions have a chance to grow a bit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Gardner couldn't have looked much worse than we saw today. Ride that kid out so the offense is at least being run better and the skill positions have a chance to grow a bit.

Minshew puts up points in the 1st quarter, Hurts hasn’t done that since the Saints game, something his lovers forget to mention, or just don’t care about because he beat teams like the WFT and the Giants.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Yeah and Rodgers only won 6 games in 2018 and costs $40m....How dumb of the Packers to not get rid of him then - paying a QB that much to only get 6 wins :roll:

I was talking about Watson.   Watson's "excellence" was based on that 4-12 season.  He was thought of as ok, before his raised his passer rating about 10 points while going 4-12.

And 4-12 is worse than Rodgers.   Rodgers won the Super Bowl.  Not what Watson has accomplished.

2 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

Minshew puts up points in the 1st quarter, Hurts hasn’t done that since the Saints game, something his lovers forget to mention, or just don’t care about because he beat teams like the WFT and the Giants.  

Both of those teams are better than the Jets.

Hurts took the Eagles to the playoffs.  and he did it cheaper than any other QB this year.

There isn't really real debate there.   At this point,  right now,  Hurts gets to the playoff level getting paid less than any of the other QBs who got teams to the playoffs.  Not only is Hurts on a rookie deal, it's a 2nd round deal. 

Jalen Hurts - 1.5 Million a year
Mac Jones - 4 Million a year
Joe Burrow - 9 Million a year
Kyler Murray - 9 Million a year

roethlisberger 14M
brady 25M
derek carr 25M
stafford 27M
garappolo 27M
tannehill  30M
rodgers  33M
prescott 40M
josh allen 43M
mahomes 45M

Hurts got the Eagles to the playoffs,  Prescott got the Cowboys to the playoffs.  Both lost in the wildcard round.   Prescott cost $40M a year,   Hurts cost $1.5 M a year.  Over a period of time,  having Hurts instead of Prescott means that the Eagles can pay $38.5 Million to other positions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wyote said:

If we were outside the NFC East, I'd guess a good way to go is to fill other needs and give Hurts another season just in case he can improve -- unless a really good prospect falls to us. 

Now if I knew I had to deal with Eagles fans, I might trade Hurts for whatever I can get and take a QB because obviously most Eagles fans have written off Hurts and there is too much risk that the negativity will hurt his development. 

Hurts was really bad yesterday, no doubt.

But I don’t believe fan negativity will affect him at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Perforator said:

You need a QB to go anywhere in the playoffs but hey, we have a lot of money right?

Hurts is the Eagles QB.

In his first year as the primary starter,  the Eagles got 5 more wins than the year before and made the playoffs.

Good Job Jalen Hurts!

4 hours ago, wyote said:

It seems like the Philadephia Eagles fans hurt the Eagles.   It seems smart to move the team away from the horrible fans who hurt the Eagles.

Or,  the Eagles fans who don't appreciate a 5 win improvement in the first year as the primary starter,  can just be ignored.

It's not really all that clear that the Eagles fans really have all that much power.   There have to be some rational ones who like playoffs, right?  So, we're just talking about a handful of people who don't understand that playoffs = good and cheap contract = good.

Here's something interesting,   Wentz only had 2 winning seasons in 5 years with the Eagles as the primary starter.   Hurts has 1 winning season, a playoff season, in 1 year with the Eagles as the primary starter. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Your obsession with what the QB makes is hilarious. That's just how the league works and always will. Look at all the QBs left and tell me how much they are making 

Jalen Hurts - 1.5 Million a year
Mac Jones - 4 Million a year
Joe Burrow - 9 Million a year
Kyler Murray - 9 Million a year

roethlisberger 14M
brady 25M
derek carr 25M
stafford 27M
garappolo 27M
tannehill  30M
rodgers  33M
prescott 40M
josh allen 43M
mahomes 45M

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devaster said:

We have seen teams in recent years bring in QB's give teams a chance to make a run in the playoffs. I'm not saying the Eagles can do that, but I wouldn't poo poo that route either. There are also plenty of examples of bringing in big name FA's and a team busting.

I'd rather see a front office and GM not married to their players and picks and willing to admit they were wrong earlier rather than later. Too many teams in the NFL move on from players far later than they should. Signs are there early and often for busts.

Eagles have some soul searching to do. I'm not sure what the right answer is or the right route. But teams can and have brought in aging QB's to make runs or win championships (Bucs/Brady and Indy/Rivers come to mind). Even Kurt Warner with the Cardinals.

The Buccs were just a QB away, The Colts were a playoff standard roster that were hamstrung by having Jacoby Brissett.  We're a roster with lingering cap issues that went 4-11-1 a year ago plus a couple of new players, our secondary absolutely blows outside 3 players and 2 of them are the wrong side of 30, Slay's contract next year is awful and there's no way you give him an extension long enough to spread the hit, McLeod is out of contract and remains our only NFL standard safety. You trade for Wilson or Watson and you imagine our secondary next year without those two, we'd be handing out 50 burgers left and right, because we couldn't afford to keep them.

So we'd have a new QB, we'd be bumping the salary cap, minus our #1 corner, our #1 safety, our center for the last decade and one of Hargrave or Cox is gone next year as well, and you have no day 1 picks?

That team isn't getting near a playoff game.

So Mike bunch of numbers, Downundermike and all the rest can say Hurts sucks (and to be absolutely clear Yesterday he was no damn good at all until the game was over), but there was a whole heap of issues out there, and given a choice between giving him another year in open competition with Minshew and a late round flyer because the top end draft guys suck and gutting the roster to sign a cherry to put on the turd that's left, I know what course a sensible well run franchise takes. 

• Like 2