How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

• No, seen all I need to see
    • Yes, he is still young and can get better

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

I don’t think Hurts is the long-term answer. But I think next season needs to be about fixing the rest of the roster and then go get your QB in 2023

But what if you hear the same no QB in the draft is worth wasting a pick on foolishness?

While I haven't researched in depth the QB coming out this year I did a little and I see two that are worth taking a chance on, namely, Pickett and Corrall, both are mobile and accurate, unfortunately Hurts is mobile but his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.  

12 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So the Rams gave up a 2021 3rd,  a 2022 1st, and a 2023 1st.   I fail to see how this is remotely close to giving up the three 2022 firsts that we have right now, as is being thrown out all over this board.  As a matter of fact, it isn't remotely close at all.

Way too many moving parts to assume what it will take.  Every year, that market changes based on other teams needs.  I'd say that if Wilson is causing Seattle heartache,  causing Seattle cap distress, and isn't going to re-sign his contract ends, that his price WILL be lower.  Seattle may have to take less or get nothing.  Which would they prefer?

And I am in no way advocating for Russell Wilson.  No matter what we do, he is older and costs too much...and I doubt wants to come here.

I didn’t say all three this year. I said three overall. 

If you Google Russell Wilson asking price, generally most journalists and "inside sources” think 3 first round picks. Now obviously grain of salt needed, but it makes sense that it would be more than Stafford, because Wilson is better and has actually won a playoff game. Wilson would have a market as well given he is an 8 time pro-bowler.

But anyway we both agree it’s not a good idea.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They took the ball out of his hands to beat the bottom feeders of the NFL.  Not sure how much more they can tighten the leash.

By tighten the leash I mean that if he plays badly he gets replaced by Minshew/rookie and is not simply given the whole year.

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I didn’t say all three this year. I said three overall. 

If you Google Russell Wilson asking price, generally most journalists and "inside sources” think 3 first round picks. Now obviously grain of salt needed, but it makes sense that it would be more than Stafford, because Wilson is better and has actually won a playoff game. Wilson would have a market as well given he is an 8 time pro-bowler.

But anyway we both agree it’s not a good idea.

Russell Wilson turning 34 this year for three firsts? Yeah I fail to see how that is the way to go.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

They wouldn't.

Which means you have to look at the draft, where you are more likely going to fail finding a QB then actually getting a 'franchise' QB.

found this snippet on wilson: 

As for the teams to keep an eye on, the list his agent reportedly gave out last offseason included the Chicago Bears, 

anyway, i'm all for going full "process" & trying to move anyone 30+ years of age for picks/youth. we don't know if next year's draft will be any better than this years for qb's...so just try to improve in other areas for now. 

If we are drafting one fine I’m not trading the draft away for one, especially with Reagor and that D. We need too much ish.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I wish somebody could explain to me how we could build a competitive team around Wilson given that we will be giving up 3 firsts and taking on a 37 million cap hit.

I wouldn't give up that much for Wilson. That's why I asked what it would take. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't think they should trade for Wilson either, but you're right about spreading the picks over years.  Howie even did that in trading up for the #2 pick to draft Wentz, he spread the picks over 3 years.  

Also Wilson has a no trade clause so he would have to agree to where he wants to go, and I can't see him wanting to go to Philly.

I would think if they did trade for Wilson it would be 2 firsts this year and another in either 2023 or 2024. In this purely hypothetical scenario, we would need to find room for Wilson's 37 million cap hit, so Howie may only want to pay 1 first rounder this year.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

You really think Wilson would rather throw to Reagor and or JJAW over Metcalf and Lockett? Also the Eagles cap situation is actually horrible. Eagles have right now about 12 mil in cap space the Seahawks have about 50 mil. 

That's a bit hyperbolic. Ideally both are gone and he's throwing to Smith, a top tier FA WR, and Watkins. 

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The Cowboys humped us twice and we managed to lose to the Giants. Maybe a better QB game beats the Giants but unless Wilson can play defensive back as well, we still get boned by Dallas.

The QB play against the Giants was putrid. Minchew wins that game easy. Dallas is a paper tiger. The defense can be rebuilt through the draft. 

52 minutes ago, Kz! said:

I'm off the Hurts bandwagon after that one. He just doesn't see the field well enough to be a good NFL QB. He's also afraid of throwing guys open. It's the NFL, you're not going to have five yards of separation. I'm ready to draft a prospect or let Minshew have a go next year. 

Another cheap option is to take a flyer on Mariota and let them compete for the job next year. I'm willing to explore all options. I just think simply handing the job to Hurts is insane.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Another cheap option is to take a flyer on Mariota and let them compete for the job next year. I'm willing to explore all options. I just think simply handing the job to Hurts is insane.

I don't think anybody thinks Hurts should be de facto starter, most want him to have some competition, I wouldn't object to Mariota as it goes, a fight would be good for the team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I don't think anybody thinks Hurts should be de facto starter, most want him to have some competition

No, most are done and do not even want him in a competition.

21 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

By tighten the leash I mean that if he plays badly he gets replaced by Minshew/rookie and is not simply given the whole year.

Good idea but I don't think it's going to happen. It'll depend on if Jeffrey and Howie's ardor for Hurts has cooled this coming season. If they haven't given up on Reagor, I sure don't see them giving up on Hurts.

Just now, downundermike said:

No, most are done and do not even want him in a competition.

HonestNippyBilby-size_restricted.gif

30 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

But what if you hear the same no QB in the draft is worth wasting a pick on foolishness?

While I haven't researched in depth the QB coming out this year I did a little and I see two that are worth taking a chance on, namely, Pickett and Corrall, both are mobile and accurate, unfortunately Hurts is mobile but his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.  

Corral is the most overrated QB prospect in years, his numbers are pedestrian and he wasn't as good this year as he was last.

41 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

why would wilson or rodgers want to play in philly?  :wacko:  we're way more than a qb away from being legit contenders. 

Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. What better teams are looking for a QB? You're telling me that Rodgers would rather go to the Giants or Lions?

26 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

found this snippet on wilson: 

anyway, i'm all for going full "process" & trying to move anyone 30+ years of age for picks/youth. we don't know if next year's draft will be any better than this years for qb's...so just try to improve in other areas for now. 

The Saints make sense. I'll give you guys that. They'd be a better option for guys like Rodgers and Wilson. I doubt the Cowboys are dumping Prescott, and the Raiders will probably stick with Carr. 

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

That's a bit hyperbolic. Ideally both are gone and he's throwing to Smith, a top tier FA WR, and Watkins. 

How do we bring in a top FA QB, a top FA WR and improve the D etc? We are in too deep of a hole that a couple of free agents is all we need to make a run. We are at least in position to start climbing out of that hole but if we don't spend wisely we could find ourselves in an even deeper hole.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. What better teams are looking for a QB? You're telling me that Rodgers would rather go to the Giants or Lions?

i am?   :lol:  

steelers would be a really good fit for rodgers, imo. broncos & raiders as well...maybe even the dolphins or browns. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

steelers would be a really good fit for rodgers, imo. broncos & raiders as well...maybe even the dolphins or browns. 

I forgot about the Steelers too. Dolphins fired their coach because he didn't like Tua. So they're sticking with him. So yeah that makes 3 teams with QB needs more attractive than us (Saints, Steelers, Browns). I'll concede the point. 

6 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Corral is the most overrated QB prospect in years, his numbers are pedestrian and he wasn't as good this year as he was last.

I like him, I see Joey M II.

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

With those backs, receiving weapons and defense, they would be an immediate Super Bowl favorite if they acquired him.

What are our options? Minshew has worse mechanics than Hurts does. He doesn't even plant his feet when he throws. 

• Haha 2