1. We are much better than Seattle is
  2. Money
  3. With a competent QB we win the division easy
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gannan said:
  2. Money

Maybe, but clearly winning this division doesn't mean much for being competitive on the biggest stage.  I'd think he'd want that first and foremost.  I guess we will see.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Maybe, but clearly winning this division doesn't mean much for being competitive on the biggest stage.  I'd think he'd want that first and foremost.  I guess we will see.

What really good team is trading for a QB in the offseason? I had totally dismissed the idea of Rodgers coming here too but really... what great options are these guys going to have? It's going to teams like the Eagles, the Broncos, the Giants, and the Lions

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Too much, but I keep asking myself "why would he want to be here in this mess?"

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Meh.  I'll pass.  He'll cost way too much and I am not sure he'll want to be in Philly anyway.  

I wish somebody could explain to me how we could build a competitive team around Wilson given that we will be giving up 3 firsts and taking on a 37 million cap hit.

• Like 1

We've all seen this tweet already, but this play is why I don't want Hurts starting next year. Dude has 3 options staring him in the face and instead of taking one of them he sprints left only to throw a terrible ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Gannan said:
  2. Money

You really think Wilson would rather throw to Reagor and or JJAW over Metcalf and Lockett? Also the Eagles cap situation is actually horrible. Eagles have right now about 12 mil in cap space the Seahawks have about 50 mil. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Almost everyone wants Gannon gone after his first year as a defensive coordinator because he beats up on sheet teams and is horrific against good offenses.... 

Hurts should be getting the same treatment because he has been the same exact way! In some cases he was bad against crap teams as well. 

I'm not saying I want either gone but, it's stupid to think one guy can improve and be better with better talent and not the other. 

I don't want either gone, I have been consistent, a team that couldn't win 5 games last year got their ass handed to them by the current Superbowl champion and everyone acts like we'd have beaten them if it wasn't for that pesky Quarterback, an awful lot of those same people were convinced we had a shot at threepeating if it hadn't been for the pesky rest of the roster in 2018 and '19.

Preseason I couldn't make a case that we'd win more than 4 games, so to win 9 was way beyond where I thought we'd go, I hoped in my heart we'd give the Buccs a better game but we didn't and that wasn't a real surprise to my head..

If we're still here in the same place next year with more talent drafted at linebacker and safety then fire Gannon and draft a QB high, hell if he wants to Howie can go buck wild and bet the farm on that QB, just don't give away the 2022 draft to put an elite QB on an elite contract into this crap show.

Also just to reiterate my unshakeable belief that the term 'Franchise QB'  and the idea this board has that you can't truly believe in someone as a franchise guy unless you draft them in the 1st Round is a steaming pile of hokey old horseshit for rubes, and you're as likely to win the superbowl with a solid journeyman, good skill position players and a stellar defense as you are with the guy with the golden arm and a $100million contract under center, it's the supporting cast that gets you over the hump.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gannan said:
  2. Money

The Cowboys humped us twice and we managed to lose to the Giants. Maybe a better QB game beats the Giants but unless Wilson can play defensive back as well, we still get boned by Dallas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The Cowboys humped us twice and we managed to lose to the Giants. Maybe a better QB game beats the Giants but unless Wilson can play defensive back as well, we still get boned by Dallas.

Sustaining drives and scoring points does wonders for the defense.  Defense busted @ss trying to hold at 17-0, the offense led by Hurts could do absolutely nothing to help them.  

He obviously deserves another year.  Weak QB class and the defense is long overdue for an injection of top young talent. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He obviously deserves another year.  Weak QB class and the defense is long overdue for an injection of top young talent. 

No, he absolutely does not.  If you think Lowie is not gonna take those three 1sts and go find a QB you are kidding yourself.

22 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I wish somebody could explain to me how we could build a competitive team around Wilson given that we will be giving up 3 firsts and taking on a 37 million cap hit.

I don't know why he would want to be here, but how do you know that we have to give up 3 first round picks?  This feels like an over-the-top, fan fueled concept right now.  All of those picks aren't 100% necessary to get a better QB, especially if they are causing heartache at their current situation.  

I'm off the Hurts bandwagon after that one. He just doesn't see the field well enough to be a good NFL QB. He's also afraid of throwing guys open. It's the NFL, you're not going to have five yards of separation. I'm ready to draft a prospect or let Minshew have a go next year. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't know why he would want to be here, but how do you know that we have to give up 3 first round picks?  This feels like an over-the-top, fan fueled concept.  

My thinking is pretty simple really. 

Matt Stafford cost 2 first round picks plus a third rounder and Goff. That sets the market. Wilson is better than Stafford. Therefore I'd expect the price for Wilson to be around 3 first rounders.

13 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

My thinking is pretty simple really. 

Matt Stafford cost 2 first round picks plus a third rounder and Goff. That sets the market. Wilson is better than Stafford. Therefore I'd expect the price for Wilson to be around 3 first rounders.

So the Rams gave up a 2021 3rd,  a 2022 1st, and a 2023 1st.   I fail to see how this is remotely close to giving up the three 2022 firsts that we have right now, as is being thrown out all over this board.  As a matter of fact, it isn't remotely close at all.

Way too many moving parts to assume what it will take.  Every year, that market changes based on other teams needs.  I'd say that if Wilson is causing Seattle heartache,  causing Seattle cap distress, and isn't going to re-sign his contract ends, that his price WILL be lower.  Seattle may have to take less or get nothing.  Which would they prefer?

And I am in no way advocating for Russell Wilson.  No matter what we do, he is older and costs too much...and I doubt wants to come here.

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So the Rams gave up a 2021 3rd,  a 2022 1st, and a 2023 1st. 

So in comparison, we would give up a 2022 3rd, a 2023 and 2024 1st, and Hurts.  I would do that in a second.

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't know why he would want to be here, but how do you know that we have to give up 3 first round picks?  This feels like an over-the-top, fan fueled concept right now.  All of those picks aren't 100% necessary to get a better QB, especially if they are causing heartache at their current situation.  

Because they have to outbid other teams. Do you really think nobody is going to offer two firsts for Wilson?

Just now, downundermike said:

So in comparison, we would give up a 2022 3rd, a 2023 and 2024 1st, and Hurts.  I would do that in a second.

We could probably keep the 3rd and let them have Hurts instead.

No more stopgap QBs, fellas. Time to go get a franchise QB, we accumulated these assets for that sole reason.

• Like 3

Truth is, there are not a lot of great options that make sense. Between the cap hit and the draft capital, both Wilson and Rodgers would be crippling moves to make for a team that still has quite a few holes to fill. Watson I wouldn’t even look at with his legal issues.

Then there’s the draft… there’s not a single QB in the field this year that I’d waste a first on. Let alone wasting more resources to move up to get one, which they would likely have to do. 

I don’t think Hurts is the long-term answer. But I think next season needs to be about fixing the rest of the roster and then go get your QB in 2023. 

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

<snip>

Roll with Hurts on a tighter leash in 2022 and if he struggles, let Minshew or the rookie play. Try and get an extra first or second for 2023 and go after a QB then, if, which is looking increasingly likely, we still need to.

I'd go along with your plan but Howie (and Lurie?) will always favor their draft pick over any competition not named Rodgers, Wilson, Watson etc. Cases in point - Reagor and JJAW. On what well run team would they be playing significant roles? Or even dressing on game day?

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Roll with Hurts on a tighter leash in 2022

They took the ball out of his hands to beat the bottom feeders of the NFL.  Not sure how much more they can tighten the leash.

why would wilson or rodgers want to play in philly?  :wacko:  we're way more than a qb away from being legit contenders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So the Rams gave up a 2021 3rd,  a 2022 1st, and a 2023 1st.   I fail to see how this is remotely close to giving up the three 2022 firsts that we have right now, as is being thrown out all over this board.  As a matter of fact, it isn't remotely close at all.

Way too many moving parts to assume what it will take.  Every year, that market changes based on other teams needs.  I'd say that if Wilson is causing Seattle heartache,  causing Seattle cap distress, and isn't going to re-sign his contract ends, that his price WILL be lower.  Seattle may have to take less or get nothing.  Which would they prefer?

And I am in no way advocating for Russell Wilson.  No matter what we do, he is older and costs too much...and I doubt wants to come here.

I don't think they should trade for Wilson either, but you're right about spreading the picks over years.  Howie even did that in trading up for the #2 pick to draft Wentz, he spread the picks over 3 years.  

Also Wilson has a no trade clause so he would have to agree to where he wants to go, and I can't see him wanting to go to Philly.

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

why would wilson or rodgers want to play in philly?  :wacko:  we're way more than a qb away from being legit contenders. 

They wouldn't.

Which means you have to look at the draft, where you are more likely going to fail finding a QB then actually getting a 'franchise' QB.