derek carr 25M
stafford 27M
garappolo 27M
tannehill  30M
rodgers  33M
prescott 40M
josh allen 43M
mahomes 45M

It seems criminal that Stafford, Jimmy G, Prescott, Cousins, and Tannehill make more money than Brady. 

Hurts blows.

Having said that, I have zero interest in trading our three firsts for one of Watson/Wilson/Rodgers.

Realistically, Id say let Hurts and Minshew battle it out or take a kid they happen to like and have him sit until he's ready to start.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

The question is what is his ceiling?  I don't think it's much higher than what we're seeing now.  He's made some progress from last year (which any QB should given a full TC working with the 1s) and from the first handful of games this season where he was mostly mediocre to poor except for the Falcons game.  He still ished the bed in the first NYG game and was awful for the first 3 QTRs today.  Tampa dared him to beat them with his arm today and he failed.  He left plays on the field which were pointed out repeatedly by Aikman during the game and during the HT show by Bradshaw.  We are both entitled to our opinions and can agree to disagree.  He played better as the season went on when he had a dominant run game to back him up and when the D was beating up on PS/journeymen/rookie QBs.  There's that context you referred to.  I think our ideas of progress are probably different.

The less Jalen was asked to do as the season progressed, the better the Eagles did.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

It seems like the Philadephia Eagles fans hurt the Eagles.   It seems smart to move the team away from the horrible fans who hurt the Eagles.

Or,  the Eagles fans who don't appreciate a 5 win improvement in the first year as the primary starter,  can just be ignored.

It's not really all that clear that the Eagles fans really have all that much power.   There have to be some rational ones who like playoffs, right?  So, we're just talking about a handful of people who don't understand that playoffs = good and cheap contract = good.

Here's something interesting,   Wentz only had 2 winning seasons in 5 years with the Eagles as the primary starter.   Hurts has 1 winning season, a playoff season, in 1 year with the Eagles as the primary starter. 

I think it's the northeast generally. Boston and New York are just as hard on their athletes. 

2 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

I was talking about Watson.   Watson's "excellence" was based on that 4-12 season.  He was thought of as ok, before his raised his passer rating about 10 points while going 4-12.

What world do you live in? :roll:

I don't necessarily want Watson but lets not pretend he hasn't always been a superstar in the NFL from Day 1...This passer rating you speak of, in 2 of 3 full seasons he has posted above 100 (98 the one season it wasn't). QBR above 60 every year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

Hurts is the Eagles QB.

In his first year as the primary starter,  the Eagles got 5 more wins than the year before and made the playoffs.

Good Job Jalen Hurts!

Hurts is the Eagles best running back, I agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Random Reglar said:

It seems like the Philadephia Eagles fans hurt the Eagles.   It seems smart to move the team away from the horrible fans who hurt the Eagles.

Or,  the Eagles fans who don't appreciate a 5 win improvement in the first year as the primary starter,  can just be ignored.

It's not really all that clear that the Eagles fans really have all that much power.   There have to be some rational ones who like playoffs, right?  So, we're just talking about a handful of people who don't understand that playoffs = good and cheap contract = good.

Here's something interesting,   Wentz only had 2 winning seasons in 5 years with the Eagles as the primary starter.   Hurts has 1 winning season, a playoff season, in 1 year with the Eagles as the primary starter. 

Are you 10 years old?

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It seems criminal that Stafford, Jimmy G, Prescott, Cousins, and Tannehill make more money than Brady. 

Brady has made so much career wise and earns so much in endorsements, he can take a salary hit to pick his favourite roster, that WR corps he has at Tampa is probably the best in the league (Dallas and Cincy are right there too), their WR4 is better than our WR2, hell their Running back is a better receiver than our WR2 Fournette has 454 yards and 2 TD's to Reagor's 299.

Ideally you want to upgrade, but not at the expense of multiple first round picks that it would take to get an old Rodgers or Wilson. And I wouldn’t want any part of Watson with his legal issues. 

There are also no QBs in this draft worth taking in the first this year. 

So, the best course of action is probably to just ride it out for another year with Hurts, use the draft picks and free agency to improve the rest of the roster, then get your QB in 2023. You’ll be putting that QB in a great situation if you can use this offseason to fill some holes with all the draft picks. Trade one of the first rounders this year for an extra first next year if you need to, to make sure you’ve got the ammo to trade up for a QB in 2023 if necessary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The Buccs were just a QB away, The Colts were a playoff standard roster that were hamstrung by having Jacoby Brissett.  We're a roster with lingering cap issues that went 4-11-1 a year ago plus a couple of new players, our secondary absolutely blows outside 3 players and 2 of them are the wrong side of 30, Slay's contract next year is awful and there's no way you give him an extension long enough to spread the hit, McLeod is out of contract and remains our only NFL standard safety. You trade for Wilson or Watson and you imagine our secondary next year without those two, we'd be handing out 50 burgers left and right, because we couldn't afford to keep them.

So we'd have a new QB, we'd be bumping the salary cap, minus our #1 corner, our #1 safety, our center for the last decade and one of Hargrave or Cox is gone next year as well, and you have no day 1 picks?

That team isn't getting near a playoff game.

So Mike bunch of numbers, Downundermike and all the rest can say Hurts sucks (and to be absolutely clear Yesterday he was no damn good at all until the game was over), but there was a whole heap of issues out there, and given a choice between giving him another year in open competition with Minshew and a late round flyer because the top end draft guys suck and gutting the roster to sign a cherry to put on the turd that's left, I know what course a sensible well run franchise takes. 

Yeah exactly this. Despite what the majority of the board are saying, I did see growth and promising signs from Hurts before this game. 

But yes he was awful against the Bucs. But all of a sudden the board has gone from 70% who wanted him as the QB for 2022 (and over 80% who wanted him to at least compete with Minshew), to the vast majority wanting him gone next year.

The needle has shifted on Hurts for sure, but the best plan is still what you outline above. The roster and especially the D needs young talent in the worst possible way. If the Eagles like a QB 3rd round or later, by all means take him. Roll with Hurts on a tighter leash in 2022 and if he struggles, let Minshew or the rookie play. Try and get an extra first or second for 2023 and go after a QB then, if, which is looking increasingly likely, we still need to.

12 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

But yes he was awful against the Bucs. But all of a sudden the board has gone from 70% who wanted him as the QB for 2022 (and over 80% who wanted him to at least compete with Minshew), to the vast majority wanting him gone next year.

The think the problem is his performance was that bad. And it was that bad in pretty much every game against a good team. And so you've got to think and question if he can be the guy next year. 

Nobody is fully committed to Hurts. He's not done enough for anyone to be. But at the same time he did show enough to get another year. But yesterday continued the trend that he struggles against good teams. And for the Eagles to get to the next level they've got to beat good teams. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The think the problem is his performance was that bad. And it was that bad in pretty much every game against a good team. And so you've got to think and question if he can be the guy next year. 

Nobody is fully committed to Hurts. He's not done enough for anyone to be. But at the same time he did show enough to get another year. But yesterday continued the trend that he struggles against good teams. And for the Eagles to get to the next level they've got to beat good teams. 

Almost everyone wants Gannon gone after his first year as a defensive coordinator because he beats up on sheet teams and is horrific against good offenses.... 

Hurts should be getting the same treatment because he has been the same exact way! In some cases he was bad against crap teams as well. 

I'm not saying I want either gone but, it's stupid to think one guy can improve and be better with better talent and not the other. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hear you, but I would say that Hurts wasn't necessarily awful in every game against a good team or good defense. He played well against the Chargers and Chiefs, but the D was awful in both those games so we lost. He also played well against the Broncos and Saints who both have top 10 Ds. 

I'm not saying he's the guy, on balance over the season he probably isn't. But we need to build the team and not panic trade for or draft a QB. If that means another year/half year of Hurts to make absolutely sure he's not the guy then that still makes sense to me. 

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I hear you, but I would say that Hurts wasn't necessarily awful in every game against a good team or good defense. He played well against the Chargers and Chiefs, but the D was awful in both those games so we lost. He also played well against the Broncos and Saints who both have top 10 Ds. 

I'm not saying he's the guy, on balance over the season he probably isn't. But we need to build the team and not panic trade for or draft a QB. If that means another year/half year of Hurts to make absolutely sure he's not the guy then that still makes sense to me. 

I mean... Look you are right but the Chiefs defense was really bad at that point and the Chargers offense isn't great. When he has played a good defense he's struggled. And yes OK he did well against the Saints and Broncos but he can't beat teams with his arm and that's an issue. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Almost everyone wants Gannon gone after his first year as a defensive coordinator because he beats up on sheet teams and is horrific against good offenses.... 

Hurts should be getting the same treatment because he has been the same exact way! In some cases he was bad against crap teams as well. 

I'm not saying I want either gone but, it's stupid to think one guy can improve and be better with better talent and not the other. 

It's so odd to see Eagles fans be so risk averse to change at the QB position.  Usually, we are calling for coaches or players heads after one game, let alone seeing a whole season of being hamstrung with mediocre coaching or play. 

For some reason, the best argument anyone can give for keeping Hurts is that "he is cheap on a rookie contract."  WTF?

43 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Gee. I wonder why.  

Because one made the playoffs and the other didn’t. One cost a heap ton more than the other, but mostly to piss off you beanbagging idiots. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It's so odd to see Eagles fans be so risk averse to change at the QB position.  Usually, we are calling for coaches or players heads after one game, let alone seeing a whole season of being hamstrung with mediocre coaching or play. 

For some reason, the best argument anyone can give for keeping Hurts is that "he is cheap on a rookie contract."  WTF?

Keeping him the starter no questions asked  and not exploring other possibilities because his contract is cheap is like you said is a " wtf?" I don't understand that mind set. In my opinion it's the exact opposite, it gives them more flexibility to look at everything because he is on a cheap contract. They will have him to fall back on for a few more.years if they can't find what they are looking for. 

He wasn't drafted to be the franchise or the starter anyways! 

All that being said I would still like them to use their 1st 4 picks on the rest of the team. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Gee. I wonder why.  

You know why. I know why. You know that I know that you and I know why.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

image.gif.0b9b6e265b16e3da585f45350fa26ae3.gif

Tell me Mr. Beanbagger where is your confusion? The fact Wentz didn’t make the playoffs? Are you having trouble with understanding the math related to their contracts or is it you’re missing how much I enjoy the anger you beanbaggers get over me crushing your god? 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Listen junior, this thread is about Hurts.  No one has mentioned Wentz, but you.  You're obsession about him when we are all talking about Hurts, says all we need to know about you.  

So you have no answers (yet again 🙄.)  Well no one asked you to comment (yet again) on my post, but you losers get so wound up when your god is mentioned you can’t help yourselves but to respond. It’s too easy. 😂🤣😂

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I wonder how much we'd have to give up for Wilson

Too much, but I keep asking myself "why would he want to be here in this mess?"