EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns have Chubb, Hunt, Johnson and drafted Ford. They said Felton will now be a full-time RB. I wonder if they’re going to move a RB. 

What’s the deal with Chuck Clark? He’s young, relatively cheap, and I thought pretty good. Why would he go for a 6th?

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Would love that. I haven't seen him play a ton, but from what I have seen, he's a good player.

Just now, UK Eagle said:

Worth keeping in mind

I don’t think we’re one of those teams. We aren’t in line for any comp picks. 

1 minute ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Yes.  We didn’t have 10 picks from the 4th round on so it’s a terrible draft!  Wahhhhh

We had 10 picks and at least 10 holes to fill.  We filled less holes than we could have.  It is a legitimate discussion. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

The Browns have Chubb, Hunt, Johnson and drafted Ford. They said Felton will now be a full-time RB. I wonder if they’re going to move a RB. 

Reagor for Chubb!!!

Just now, ManuManu said:

I don’t think we’re one of those teams. We aren’t in line for any comp picks. 

Absolutely but there maybe a deal done in the background, hence why some positions haven't been filled so far

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Worth keeping in mind

Doesn’t really matter for the Eagles. They are nowhere close to getting a comp pick 

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Are people just complaining for the sake of complaining or just don't like Jordan Davis?  Giving up their 4th and two 5th round picks was worth it to me to get Jordan Davis.  He can be special and an anchor on that defensive line for the next 8-10 years.  

No, people aren't complaining just to complain.  We are looking at this team that has zero depth at DE.  Nothing in the pipeline at safety.  2 RB who are FA next year.  No back up tight end. 5 6th round or UDFA CB with no one in line to replace Slay.

You build the core of your team in the middle rounds of the draft and the Eagles just sat out 2 straight rounds in a "deep draft" 

This was pegged as an important draft to retool the youth and depth on the roster.  I don't think anyone is really upset about Davis.  We can argue about Davis or Hamilton.  Finding a replacement for Kelce is nice and Dean could be a steal.  

However, they still lack young talent at a lot of positions. 

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s back!

phew 

Shocked he didn’t drop the weight or do the rep halfassed. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What’s the deal with Chuck Clark? He’s young, relatively cheap, and I thought pretty good. Why would he go for a 6th?

They added one of the best safeties in the NFL in Williams and Hamilton fell in their lap.  

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We had 10 picks and at least 10 holes to fill.  We filled less holes than we could have.  It is a legitimate discussion. 

And not every pick would have worked out. Instead we picked a few sure things.  Not everything was getting fixed in one offseason anyway.  

Vikings fans are so f’ing lame. They have one of the coolest mascots and instead dress up like the Wendy’s girl choking on food.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Or they watched the eagles last year and said damn we really need to be a run first offense and that’s the key to winning a SB and preserving watson. :ph34r:

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

And not every pick would have worked out. Instead we picked a few sure things.  Not everything was getting fixed in one offseason anyway.  

No pick in the NFL is a sure thing.  The more you pick the more likely you are to hit...especially with Howie making the choices.  Yes, the guys they picked seem to be close to sure things but all still have question marks.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They added one of the best safeties in the NFL in Williams and Hamilton fell in their lap.  

Well yea, but they should still be able to get more than late day 3 pick

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Are people just complaining for the sake of complaining or just don't like Jordan Davis?  Giving up their 4th and two 5th round picks was worth it to me to get Jordan Davis.  He can be special and an anchor on that defensive line for the next 8-10 years.  

We won't know what he is. He could be special or he could be a guy who gains the weight back he lost to get a good contract in the NFL. No guarantee Hamilton would have been better if they stayed where they were or that Howie would have taken him. My problem is with his overall philosophy of having to make big splashes vs Balt. mostly staying put and drafting very solid players. I'm hoping he turns into a good pick, but with the number of holes they have it wasn't what I would have done.

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I didn't see your thoughts on Jurgens.  Care to share (again)?

I like him but I think he may be just a tad undersized. He's definitely faster than Linderbaum and I think he can add maybe 10-15 pounds over the next year and a half, getting him close to 320. When I look at Linderbaum I think he's maxed out now and he's under 300. Jurgens won't have to play this year so he'll get a full season of Stoutland's coaching and time in the weight room.

I should add that when I talk about undersized, it's in relation to the monsters arriving in the league of late, like Vea, Davis, and Jones. 300 lbs used to be plenty big enough for a center, but now... I'm reminded of when Buddy Ryan lined Reggie up on Jeff Bostic's nose and basically threw him into the QB's lap on every play.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

He’s apparently a SS only. Might not fit their new DC or ours. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Doesn’t really matter for the Eagles. They are nowhere close to getting a comp pick 

Yep,  signed more qualifying players than we lost

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Well yea, but they should still be able to get more than late day 3 pick

I'd think he'd go for a 2023 pick at this point. I don't think they need to draft more players this year.

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

No, people aren't complaining just to complain.  We are looking at this team that has zero depth at DE.  Nothing in the pipeline at safety.  2 RB who are FA next year.  No back up tight end. 5 6th round or UDFA CB with no one in line to replace Slay.

You build the core of your team in the middle rounds of the draft and the Eagles just sat out 2 straight rounds in a "deep draft" 

This was pegged as an important draft to retool the youth and depth on the roster.  I don't think anyone is really upset about Davis.  We can argue about Davis or Hamilton.  Finding a replacement for Kelce is nice and Dean could be a steal.  

However, they still lack young talent at a lot of positions. 

You're lucky to get 1 player who ends up being a contributor in the 4th and 5th round.  You're extremely lucky if they end up being good enough to eventually earn a starting job and a 2nd contract.

Giving up a 4th and two 5ths for the realistic chance to get one guy who might end up being a contributor on this team is worth it for being able to move up and get a guy who might end up being really special as well as a young cornerstone player that our defense has been in desperate need of.  

Archived