Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

Just now, DEagle7 said:

All of em. I'm only 2 episodes in though. 

Awesome! I know what I’m doing tonight 

22 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

First episode of Fallout is promising as hell. They absolutely NAILED the aesthetic. TBD but I am very pleasantly surprised by how good it looks so far. 

2 hours ago, TEW said:

Thats good to hear.

I have such found memories of the game and it certainly has a ton of potential as an IP.

Did they release the entire first season or just the first episode?

2 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

All of em. I'm only 2 episodes in though. 

image.gif.7d1539133029da4beb7a130b961aa4da.gif

• Sad 1

Also 2 episodes in to Fallout. It's amazing. The way they translated the game into a tv show is near perfect. The scenery, the characters, the violence, the Easter Eggs, etc.

Still curious to see how/if they present Super Mutants and Death Claws. I'm hoping it's not too much CGI. The irradiated Bear was awesome.

• Like 4

Should I even bother trying to watch Fallout with my wife, or do you pretty much need to be a gamer to enjoy it?

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Should I even bother trying to watch Fallout with my wife, or do you pretty much need to be a gamer to enjoy it?

Don't need to be a gamer at all. I think it's pretty self explanatory, you might just not understand some details behind the different factions/groups at first. I'm not sure someone going in blind would even realize it was ever a game before as the actual video game is more like a show than the show is like a video game, if that makes sense.

The style is a little over the top compared to other shows. It's kind of like The Boys but not AS over the top as that. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 11:25 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Also 2 episodes in to Fallout. It's amazing. The way they translated the game into a tv show is near perfect. The scenery, the characters, the violence, the Easter Eggs, etc.

Still curious to see how/if they present Super Mutants and Death Claws. I'm hoping it's not too much CGI. The irradiated Bear was awesome.

Larry David Checking Out GIF - Larry David Checking Out Check - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Larry David Checking Out GIF - Larry David Checking Out Check - Discover &  Share GIFs

You of all people should love this show. Severed heads, multiple body amputations, ghouls, cannibals, radioactive monsters. This show has it all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You of all people should love this show. Severed heads, multiple body amputations, ghouls, cannibals, radioactive monsters. This show has it all. 

I Am In GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Does it have boobs?  Cause if it doesn't have boobs, it doesn't have it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Does it have boobs?  Cause if it doesn't have boobs, it doesn't have it all.

Yes. Boobs, butts, incest, ****, after birth

This Place Has Everything Stefon GIF - This Place Has Everything Stefon  Saturday Night Live - Discover & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yes. Boobs, butts, incest, ****, after birth

This Place Has Everything Stefon GIF - This Place Has Everything Stefon  Saturday Night Live - Discover & Share GIFs

Movie gif. Will Ferrell in a grocery store hearing good news and getting over-excited. He cheers and enthusiastically begins punching cereal boxes and ends his outburst with a swift kick at low shelf in the aisle. Text, "Awesome! Yes!"

• Haha 1

Someone my wife works with is popping off on all the socials with short content based on fallout. Its crazy how big this is. I never realized. A simple little video with like, an antique and old style music playing gets millions of views. Its usually something like a really old looking can of food, or drink being opened. Boom. Big money. 

Once we finish The Gentlemen we may have to check out this fallout show.

34 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Someone my wife works with is popping off on all the socials with short content based on fallout. Its crazy how big this is. I never realized. A simple little video with like, an antique and old style music playing gets millions of views. Its usually something like a really old looking can of food, or drink being opened. Boom. Big money. 

Once we finish The Gentlemen we may have to check out this fallout show.

Probably much better than Warrior too and I haven’t even seen 1 second of it.  I can just tell.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

Probably much better than Warrior too and I haven’t even seen 1 second of it.  I can just tell.  

From the sixteenth Floor — Andrew Koji // Ah Sahm // “Warrior” (01x04)  Part...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Movie gif. Will Ferrell in a grocery store hearing good news and getting over-excited. He cheers and enthusiastically begins punching cereal boxes and ends his outburst with a swift kick at low shelf in the aisle. Text, "Awesome! Yes!"

It was the incest that sealed the deal. I already know. 

image.gif.2de96474d78ca1d1d101ec37225a5499.gif

• Haha 2

I've watched 6 episodes of Fallout so far, will probably finish the last 2 tonight. I never played the games. I'm not a gamer, but I find the show entertaining. It's obvious that there are easter eggs and references for the gamers, but they're not quite explained for those that don't know the game. There are some things I don't understand, but part of it may have been mentioned but I didn't catch it. But it's well done and enjoyable so far.

1st episode of Fallout is a mixed bag of cool, less cool and straight up lame backstories but I'm confident this will get rolling.

Roadhouse - The remake. It was ok. Had some funny moments. I didn’t think Gylenhal really fit the role. I was also surprised at the end to see that Doug Liman directed it. He’s better than this.

Fighting With My Family - This is a really nice little movie. I’m not even a wrasslin fan, but it’s done well enough to be entertaining anyway.

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Roadhouse - The remake. It was ok. Had some funny moments. I didn’t think Gylenhal really fit the role. I was also surprised at the end to see that Doug Liman directed it. He’s better than this.

Fighting With My Family - This is a really nice little movie. I’m not even a wrasslin fan, but it’s done well enough to be entertaining anyway.

I didn't have that thought about Gylenhal not fitting the character.  Maybe because I didn't see the original?

So this might be even further off but now that you said it,  my mind goes right to Statham as the master of delivering some comedy mid fight scene. 

In all,  I enjoyed it.  Fun movie,  and I think they did a good job making you fall in love with the setting along with his character.  You could see each time he was noticing the charm,  and taking to the people of the town.

In that way if reminded me a lot of The Equalizer 3, where Denzel was in a quaint little Italian town falling in love with the slow paced way of life, and small town everyone knows everyone,  everyone helps everyone sort of feel. Then someone tried messing with it,  and that flipped his switch. 

20 hours ago, The_Omega said:

The original was campy, the new one tried to be serious...then mixed in campy and it didn't fit. Conor McGregor was absolutely awful, cringe and ruined the movie. 

It's not a movie they should have remade to begin with. But it basically wasn't a remake because everything was different. Jake actually did a good job and was funny. Having an ex MMA fighter was a good modern update. This one didn't sell the villain running the town the same way as the original. The original was more fun because you know it's not serious and you can laugh at it somewhat. At times it was like the more recent Fast and Furious movies with absurdity, and at times it was more serious and cool with almost a Miami Vice (movie) vibe. I think that was the biggest issue, they tried to mix different elements and styles that didn't work well together.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The original was campy, the new one tried to be serious...then mixed in campy and it didn't fit. Conor McGregor was absolutely awful, cringe and ruined the movie. 

It's not a movie they should have remade to begin with. But it basically wasn't a remake because everything was different. Jake actually did a good job and was funny. Having an ex MMA fighter was a good modern update. This one didn't sell the villain running the town the same way as the original. The original was more fun because you know it's not serious and you can laugh at it somewhat. At times it was like the more recent Fast and Furious movies with absurdity, and at times it was more serious and cool with almost a Miami Vice (movie) vibe. I think that was the biggest issue, they tried to mix different elements and styles that didn't work well together.

Nailed it.  McGregor was way too over the top - on a scale of 1-10 of absurdity, he was at a 12.  If he'd been at an 8 or so, it would have been much better.  First half of the movie was good, second half when they introduced him was not good, and the final action sequence was just silly.  

34 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Pretty much agree, especially about McGregor.  One other quibble I had was with the fight scenes themselves.  I mean, they weren't "bad", but really, pick any random episode of Warrior for a better fight scene.

22 hours ago, The_Omega said:

did you watch because of FloPu or something else? I watched it in theaters when it came out, and I don't remember if I knew who she was yet. But the next two after (I forget the order) was Little Women and Midsommer and I knew who she was after that (and probably had a retroactive "ohhh! she was the girl in the wrestling movie!" moment). 

Binged most of Fallout last night. It's a fun show dripping with scathing social commentary.  Never played the game but did play its cousin Wasteland, so at least I get the toaster jokes.