Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How many points did that dong scene add to your rating?

0.1 for the artisticness -3.0 for no boobs in a movie that needed them to offset gaymess

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:44 AM, mikemack8 said:

Anyone else watch/watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith?  It's been surprisingly good so far - wasn't sure what to expect but I'm enjoying it.  

Yeah it's very good.  Has that trademark Donald Glover dialogue to it.  I'm one of those rare birds who actually saw Atlanta so I'm a fan and it's nice to see it work in a more pop setting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Mr & Mrs Smith. Probably the best show I'll watch this year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Ricky Stanicky.  It’s a really funny movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2024 at 7:06 PM, RPeeteRules said:

I thought Cena was great in it. Was surprised when I watched it last night. Wanted to give it a shot because I like Farrelly brothers movies. Enjoyed it. 

• Like 3

On 2/28/2024 at 5:22 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Finished Mr & Mrs Smith. Probably the best show I'll watch this year.

Wife and I just finished it.  I thought it started out strong and by the end........

Spoiler

YARN | Well, it sucks. | Seinfeld (1993) - S08E06 The Fatigues | Video gifs  by quotes | 834421e1 | 紗

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I thought Cena was great in it. Was surprised when I watched it last night. Wanted to give it a shot because I like Farrelly brothers movies. Enjoyed it. 

Completely agree.  Looked like it’d be a stupid comedy, which is what I enjoy.  Ended up being a very good comedy with jokes throughout the entire movie.

I'll watch stanicky after we finish Warrior on Netflix.  Can't wait.  But it'll be a couple weeks yet. 

Cena seems like he will do anything for comedy. Trailers look good. Frank Gallagher is in it.   I'm sure it's good. 

On 3/13/2024 at 10:06 PM, RPeeteRules said:

watched first 30 seconds of the preview and informed my wife this is what we were watching. I loved it. Laughed out loud a lot

• Like 3

3 hours ago, homerpat said:

watched first 30 seconds of the preview and informed my wife this is what we were watching. I loved it. Laughed out loud a lot

Watching here in about 10 minutes!  

On 3/15/2024 at 4:13 PM, hputenis said:

Wife and I just finished it.  I thought it started out strong and by the end........

Reveal hidden contents

YARN | Well, it sucks. | Seinfeld (1993) - S08E06 The Fatigues | Video gifs  by quotes | 834421e1 | 紗

I thought it got stronger as it went. Last 4 episodes or so all had completely different structures to them.

The new Road House is a decent two hours to kill. Not anything you’re gonna remember in a year or two but a decent enough watch. 

• Like 1

New scene dropped for Fallout tv show coming out in a few weeks, as a fan of the games, I think it looks great & dialogue was spot on. If you haven’t played the games, it might sound pretty bad. I’m excited for the show!!

7 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

New scene dropped for Fallout tv show coming out in a few weeks, as a fan of the games, I think it looks great & dialogue was spot on. If you haven’t played the games, it might sound pretty bad. I’m excited for the show!!

The first two were my favorite games I’ve ever played. From what I’ve seen it seems like they got very close, but not quite, the feel of the game. Kind of an uncanny valley effect.

I really hope it’s good, but I have a bad feeling about it.

10 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The new Road House is a decent two hours to kill. Not anything you’re gonna remember in a year or two but a decent enough watch. 

I liked it up until the last 20-30 minutes 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I liked it up until the last 20-30 minutes 

Yea, it went off the rails pretty fast at the end 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TEW said:

The first two were my favorite games I’ve ever played. From what I’ve seen it seems like they got very close, but not quite, the feel of the game. Kind of an uncanny valley effect.

I played so much of 3 & NV, and am currently like 100+ hours in on 4. The games are amazing. For the show I don’t have any big critiques from this scene & trailers, maybe a couple small things but nothing that stands out. I have a pretty good feeling about it, from what I’ve read everyone that worked on the show are big fans of the games, so that makes me feel good. I’m trying not to get overly excited though because Rings of Power fooled me with its trailers. 

• Like 1

Did you pay for the ad-free tier or are you watching with ads now?

On 3/22/2024 at 6:35 AM, TEW said:

It's matches 3 and 4 visually and in tone almost perfectly IMO. Buncha Easter eggs, winks and "inside jokes" just in the trailers so far.

4 hours ago, Boogyman said:

It's matches 3 and 4 visually and in tone almost perfectly IMO. Buncha Easter eggs, winks and "inside jokes" just in the trailers so far.

I haven’t played any of the new ones, just the old 3rd person turn based ones from last century. :lol: 

Absolutely my favorite games ever. It was like a revelation when I got a computer that could actually play games back in the 90’s and found these gems at micro center. I knew nothing about them, it just looked cool. And boy was I right!

From my understanding they turned them into a shooter sort of like Morrowind (the last RPG type game I ever played), but did a good job of keeping the tone of the universe.

Anyway, this rendition just seems a little too bright and happy. The Fallout series I remember had the 1950’s spoof styling, but was decidedly dark in tone with slavers, human trafficking, etc. This seems just a little too happy.

8 hours ago, TEW said:

I haven’t played any of the new ones, just the old 3rd person turn based ones from last century. :lol: 

Absolutely my favorite games ever. It was like a revelation when I got a computer that could actually play games back in the 90’s and found these gems at micro center. I knew nothing about them, it just looked cool. And boy was I right!

From my understanding they turned them into a shooter sort of like Morrowind (the last RPG type game I ever played), but did a good job of keeping the tone of the universe.

Anyway, this rendition just seems a little too bright and happy. The Fallout series I remember had the 1950’s spoof styling, but was decidedly dark in tone with slavers, human trafficking, etc. This seems just a little too happy.

Yeah, the newer games are more humorous, but it's a pretty dark humor that's disguised as silly. The newer games are shooters designed more like the Elder Scrolls games, while the original 2 were tactical RPGs. They added a cool mechanic though, you can freeze time and make tactical decisions while still playing a FPS in the new ones. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Season 2 of Invincible and it's a really good R rated animated series. 

• Like 2

First episode of Fallout is promising as hell. They absolutely NAILED the aesthetic. TBD but I am very pleasantly surprised by how good it looks so far. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

First episode of Fallout is promising as hell. They absolutely NAILED the aesthetic. TBD but I am very pleasantly surprised by how good it looks so far. 

Thats good to hear.

I have such found memories of the game and it certainly has a ton of potential as an IP.

Did they release the entire first season or just the first episode?

Just now, TEW said:

Thats good to hear.

I have such found memories of the game and it certainly has a ton of potential as an IP.

Did they release the entire first season or just the first episode?

All of em. I'm only 2 episodes in though. 

• Thanks 1