Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

39 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Woke people keep criticizing it as being gun loving revenge pron.

Isn’t that what most action movies are? and isn’t that their appeal?  Seems a really stupid criticism. Similar to criticizing a kids movie because two women hug and kiss for a split second

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Woke people keep criticizing it as being gun loving revenge pron.

That would eliminate about half the movies and shows ever made.  

17 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

That would eliminate about half the movies and shows ever made.  

Yeah

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching "From" last night. 2 episodes in and its off to a great start. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

This show was awesome.  Those nocturnal 'ukn zombie creatures were horrifying!  Season 2 was renewed a few months back!  

Awesome Yes GIF - Will Ferrell Old School Yes - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

26 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This show was awesome.  Those nocturnal 'ukn zombie creatures were horrifying!  Season 2 was renewed a few months back!  

Awesome Yes GIF - Will Ferrell Old School Yes - Discover & Share GIFs

Is this an Amazon show?  

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Is this an Amazon show?  

When I watched it, it was on Epix, and I signed up for the free trial through Amazon Prime.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Is this an Amazon show?  

Its an Epix show which is an Amazon "add on". 99 cents a month for 2 months right now. 

• Like 1

The Terminal List is great. I've got 1 episode left, and it starts out a little weird, but man, it just keeps getting stronger and stronger as it goes.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

The Terminal List is great. I've got 1 episode left, and it starts out a little weird, but man, it just keeps getting stronger and stronger as it goes.

Just finished it. Really good. The only thing I didn't like is that

Spoiler

Taylor Kitsch's character wound up being in on it.  In the first scene he was in I figured he was in on it because his characters usually are, and I was pleasantly surprised when, halfway through the final episode, he still wasn't in on it.  Then they just couldn't help themselves, and that predictable shoe dropped. 

Oh well, great show anyway.  I hope they make another season.

Just saw they remade A League of Their Own and didn’t even try to make it different at all. 

18 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Just saw they remade A League of Their Own and didn’t even try to make it different at all. 

There’s black players though. 

15 hours ago, homerpat said:

maybe a trans catcher that hits 60 hr's, that would actually make it funny.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, homerpat said:

Suddenly it's an Oscar contender.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Talkingbirds said:

Saw this and now I have to watch it.

7437547B-E5CA-430F-9D6B-2E85675969BA.jpeg

Please don’t waste your time.

• Haha 2

Finished From last night - really enjoyed.  Definitely getting major Lost vibes from it - then I looked up some stuff on it and saw it has some of the same producers, etc. Seems like I'm not the only one who came to that conclusion based on reviews I read :lol: 

Looking forward to season 2

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Ambulance - Michael Bay at his Michael Bayest. If you don’t like big, loud, ridiculously shameless action movies, then this probably won’t be for you. But you’d be missing a big, steaming, bloody pile of awesome. Drags on a little too long at the end but so what.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't think there is a Wheel of Time thread but season 2 is coming in November 

They have got to fix Mat. Hands down best book character and while show wasn’t as bad as internet said, that part was a real bummer. 

• 2 months later...

Quit The Witcher, dropped from Superman, but gets to star and produce his dream project. Not a bad trade off.

Been waiting about 35 years for this to be put in live action. Hopefully they don’t F it up, because it has Star Wars level potential, only way more violent. :rock: 

If anyone’s interested, here is a really well done fan animation to give you an idea of the setting:

9 hours ago, TEW said:

Quit The Witcher, dropped from Superman, but gets to star and produce his dream project. Not a bad trade off.

Been waiting about 35 years for this to be put in live action. Hopefully they don’t F it up, because it has Star Wars level potential, only way more violent. :rock: 

If anyone’s interested, here is a really well done fan animation to give you an idea of the setting:

There's a whole channel dedicated to the setting and its sister setting Age of Sigmar.  Personally i think Necromunda has the best potential but GW never pays enough attention to it.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

There's a whole channel dedicated to the setting and its sister setting Age of Sigmar.  Personally i think Necromunda has the best potential but GW never pays enough attention to it.

Warhammer+? I heard it was trash... like they took that Astartes short plus some other indes making animation on YouTube, but they’re just not putting out enough quality content.

But yeah, Necromunda would probably be the easiest to put on screen, and definitely cool in a sort of MadMax type of vibe, but 40K is clearly the money maker and everyone wants to see marines slaughtering heretics, xenos and witches.

Plus there is soooo much source material from 40K. Even going beyond the Horus Heresy series, there’s Eisenhorn for a detective series, Gaunts Ghosts for some Band of Brothers type action, Cain if they want something a little more lighthearted — hell, even pure cosmic horror with Dead Sky Black Sun. They could make about 20 quality TV shows each with a different theme/genre without even touching on any of the major characters of the setting.

From what it sounds like, they’re trying to do a 40K cinematic universe, so I’m expecting Gaunts Ghosts first then Eisenhorn to prove it has an audience, and if it catches on, they’ll do a full on Horus Heresy blockbuster for theater.

That’s my hope at least.

2 hours ago, TEW said:

Warhammer+? I heard it was trash... like they took that Astartes short plus some other indes making animation on YouTube, but they’re just not putting out enough quality content.

But yeah, Necromunda would probably be the easiest to put on screen, and definitely cool in a sort of MadMax type of vibe, but 40K is clearly the money maker and everyone wants to see marines slaughtering heretics, xenos and witches.

Plus there is soooo much source material from 40K. Even going beyond the Horus Heresy series, there’s Eisenhorn for a detective series, Gaunts Ghosts for some Band of Brothers type action, Cain if they want something a little more lighthearted — hell, even pure cosmic horror with Dead Sky Black Sun. They could make about 20 quality TV shows each with a different theme/genre without even touching on any of the major characters of the setting.

From what it sounds like, they’re trying to do a 40K cinematic universe, so I’m expecting Gaunts Ghosts first then Eisenhorn to prove it has an audience, and if it catches on, they’ll do a full on Horus Heresy blockbuster for theater.

That’s my hope at least.

I'm more of a Blood Bowl guy but I do play a bit of 40K.  While they have definitely improved the storytelling aspect over the past couple decades, i still don't think the 40k universe is any more intriguing than a raygun World of Warcraft.  I do love the shite out of my AdMech army (got a decent 1k about 40% painted) and I think the models and fluff for them is a country mile better than most of the universe.  But i dunno, the Heresey and all that stuff makes my eyes water with boredom.  It's really dense with not a lot of cool payoff.