Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm more of a Blood Bowl guy but I do play a bit of 40K.  While they have definitely improved the storytelling aspect over the past couple decades, i still don't think the 40k universe is any more intriguing than a raygun World of Warcraft.  I do love the shite out of my AdMech army (got a decent 1k about 40% painted) and I think the models and fluff for them is a country mile better than most of the universe.  But i dunno, the Heresey and all that stuff makes my eyes water with boredom.  It's really dense with not a lot of cool payoff.

I haven’t played the table top since I was probably 13 years old way back in 2nd addition. I played mostly Eldar and marines. As Mech didn’t exist. Neither did Tau, Necron, dark Eldar, etc. 

I did play the hell out of the blood bowl 2 video game when I had COVID — that was a fun blast from the past. Chaos is my jam with all the ST 4 players, especially in a league format when you can start getting them skills.

I like the 40k novels for light popcorn reading which has kept me in the loop over the years. I just don’t have the time to paint and play board games.

The HH books were more about fleshing out the details and bringing some life to the most well known characters IMO. Everyone knew who becomes a traitor, the major events of the war, etc. so the big reveals were more about character development than plot. But to someone who has never heard of the setting, the HH has that space opera potential that Amazon will surely want to try to monetize. 

22 minutes ago, TEW said:

I haven’t played the table top since I was probably 13 years old way back in 2nd addition. I played mostly Eldar and marines. As Mech didn’t exist. Neither did Tau, Necron, dark Eldar, etc. 

I did play the hell out of the blood bowl 2 video game when I had COVID — that was a fun blast from the past. Chaos is my jam with all the ST 4 players, especially in a league format when you can start getting them skills.

I like the 40k novels for light popcorn reading which has kept me in the loop over the years. I just don’t have the time to paint and play board games.

The HH books were more about fleshing out the details and bringing some life to the most well known characters IMO. Everyone knew who becomes a traitor, the major events of the war, etc. so the big reveals were more about character development than plot. But to someone who has never heard of the setting, the HH has that space opera potential that Amazon will surely want to try to monetize. 

I just got into the model and painting like 2 yrs ago.  I try to get a session in once a week, I'm terrible at it but it sure is soothing.  Blood Bowl 3 comes out Febr and I expect to play the living shite out of it just like I did the 1st 2.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I just got into the model and painting like 2 yrs ago.  I try to get a session in once a week, I'm terrible at it but it sure is soothing.  Blood Bowl 3 comes out Febr and I expect to play the living shite out of it just like I did the 1st 2.

I don’t think I was ever old enough to enjoy the painting. For me, it was a chore before I could play the actual game. I liked the model building though — the rules were way more relaxed back then, so you could put a lot of different bits together and have it be table top legal which, from my understanding, has been taken away to streamline the rules.

There was nothing quite like a terminator captain with a conversion field carrying a vortex grenade teleporting next to an enemy’s leader. 3++ and a 2D6 save, and a 2+ to hit on a grenade that insta-killed everything in a 2 inch radius. "Gee, that’s a nice 400 point commander you have there, it’d be a shame if something happened to him.” :lol: 

Didnt know about BB3. I might pick it up, though I don’t play video games much. That was more of a COVID lockdown thing for me. Definitely fun though.

28 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah can we get the nerd talk out and get back on track here? :P

Jack Ryan season 3 out today 

Stop the nerd crap and let's get back to talking about Marvel movies! 😜

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Stop the nerd crap and let's get back to talking about Marvel movies! 😜

I'm no marvel stan

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, NYEagle said:

Just buried the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon....was really good, went too quick!

Finished it last night  - solid, but a little hard to follow at times (when they were referencing a character not in the scene) as a lot of the Russian names sounded the same to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I thought season 3 of Jack Ryan was the weakest by a significant margin 

Why?  Did he not take his shirt off enough for you Richard Simmons?!  

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2022 at 4:14 PM, Mike030270 said:

I don't think there is a Wheel of Time thread but season 2 is coming in November 

It's February, and WoT season 2 still hasn't been released yet! :lol:

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

It's February, and WoT season 2 still hasn't been released yet! :lol:

A lot of the sites were saying that 🤷‍♂️

Guess they need more than a year

Now the sites are saying spring or summer

43 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

any of you gaymo's ever subscribe to a channel through prime video?  just wondering how it works. 

Like Showtime or Starz you mean? It's identical interface as Prime. You can either find stuff through the main menu or you can go to that specific channel to find things to stream.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Like Showtime or Starz you mean? It's identical interface as Prime. You can either find stuff through the main menu or you can go to that specific channel to find things to stream.

specifically the REELZ channel. i have youtube tv but they don't have REELZ. 

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

specifically the REELZ channel. i have youtube tv but they don't have REELZ. 

Oh, not sure. I'd assume the same. I have done free trials for other stuff like Shudder, Paramount +, AMC+ etc through Prime and it's always the same process/interface. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh, not sure. I'd assume the same. I have done free trials for other stuff like Shudder, Paramount +, AMC+ etc through Prime and it's always the same process/interface. 

thanks. i'll have to check..maybe there's a free trial for REELZ. we love watching on patrol live (formerly live pd) on REELZ & i'm not sure how much longer we'll be able to hijack my in-laws' xfinity account. :whistle:  

On 2/15/2023 at 4:12 PM, mr_hunt said:

thanks. i'll have to check..maybe there's a free trial for REELZ. we love watching on patrol live (formerly live pd) on REELZ & i'm not sure how much longer we'll be able to hijack my in-laws' xfinity account. :whistle:  

let me know how it works for you. we found out the cabin we rented the other week had that on thier direct tv and forgot how much we missed live pd

• 2 months later...

Air - Easily lives up to the hype. Great movie, and Damon is great in it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Air - Easily lives up to the hype. Great movie, and Damon is great in it.

Agreed. Very enjoyable. 

• Like 1

A little behind on Mrs Maisel, but caught up tonight. Episode 6 of final season is hands down best of series. Suzie makes the show and a really touching ending. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, homerpat said:

A little behind on Mrs Maisel, but caught up tonight. Episode 6 of final season is hands down best of series. Suzie makes the show and a really touching ending. 

Watching it - I was sort of figuring this was the final episode as it really tied up a lot of various story lines...