Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

4 hours ago, hputenis said:

Oddly enough, I actually despise Young Sheldon.  I think it's pretty terrible.  BBT is a gem.  You all need to grow up.  🤓

That is odd. Moving on….

4 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

as soon as they let the yentas have big roles on the show it jumped the shark.

i watched it early on & liked it...but at some point it pretty much become the sheldon show & that was it for me. funny character, but only in smaller doses, imo. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Daaaammmmmmnnnnn.............Reacher stopped a getaway car by

Spoiler

blindly throwing a grill into its windshield from blocks away

:worthy: 

:roll: 

Jack reacheraround 

• Haha 1

I could spend hours ripping on Reacher.  So over the top, Richson is a terrible actor and the Reacher character is largely an unlikeable a-hole.  That said, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be over the top (he stopped a getaway car by blindly throwing a grill though the windshield from blocks away), and it takes itself so unseriously that it's just a really fun show.  Reacher's line in the last ep was great. "If you try to call out for help I'm going to rip your trachea out and the last thought to go through your mind is going to be "holy ish he actually did it."" :worthy: 

On 1/15/2024 at 2:46 PM, The_Omega said:

I could spend hours ripping on Reacher.  So over the top, Richson is a terrible actor and the Reacher character is largely an unlikeable a-hole.  That said, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be over the top (he stopped a getaway car by blindly throwing a grill though the windshield from blocks away), and it takes itself so unseriously that it's just a really fun show.  Reacher's line in the last ep was great. "If you try to call out for help I'm going to rip your trachea out and the last thought to go through your mind is going to be "holy ish he actually did it."" :worthy: 

He wasn’t blocks away. But yes, it is over the top. The books are the same way. It’s a fun show though, they aren’t going for Emmy’s. And yes that line was awesome. :roll:

Its a great show.

I believe the final episode of season 2 comes out tomorrow.

Ill watch saltburn when it ends. Anyone watch that yet?

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 9:36 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Its a great show.

I believe the final episode of season 2 comes out tomorrow.

Ill watch saltburn when it ends. Anyone watch that yet?

My wife and I started watching Saltburn last night and are about halfway through it.  It’s pretty good so far, so we’ll finish it tonight.  There were 2 scenes back to back that were so cringe I had to turn away and practically dry heave. This coming from someone who grins ear to ear while watching torture scenes in Hostel. 

Also, I think Saltburn was @EaglePhan1986’s nickname in college when he was Patient Zero in the syphilis  outbreak of ‘06.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

My wife and I started watching Saltburn last night and are about halfway through it.  It’s pretty good so far, so we’ll finish it tonight.  There were 2 scenes back to back that were so cringe I had to turn away and practically dry heave. This coming from someone who grins ear to ear while watching torture scenes in Hostel. 

Also, I think Saltburn was @EaglePhan1986’s nickname in college when he was Patient Zero in the syphilis  outbreak of ‘06.  

Spoiler

You talking about him munching on that bloody box?  Or him drinking the dudes **** water? :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:
  Hide contents

You talking about him munching on that bloody box?  Or him drinking the dudes **** water? :lol: 

Those were both the parts!  Wtf!!

Spoiler

I mean. I believe that if you can walk through mud, you can ‘uk through blood, but I’m sure as hell not eating that sheet for dessert!!! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:
  Hide contents

Omg wtf was that movie?  We just finished it.  Not bad! 

Spoiler

I was convinced the creepy butler was gonna murder him while he was dancing around naked in that final scene. 

Reading the spoilers in here it sounds like there will be boobs.  Correct?

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Reading the spoilers in here it sounds like there will be boobs.  Correct?

Spoiler

I’ll just say there’s a good bit of nudity. The last scene will no doubt be your favorite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes in to saltburn.

I didn't know it's a big gheyfest. I'm not sure I will finish watching.  Giving it chance to get interesting now that he's gotten to the place.

On 1/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, hputenis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’ll just say there’s a good bit of nudity. The last scene will no doubt be your favorite. 

Spoiler

lol.gif

• Haha 1

I stuck with it because I wanted to see what the heck saltburn was. 

Previews gave me the impression it might be a cult but then it was obviously not. 

The family was weird and I figured something sinister was happening in the background. 

In the end,  the biggest creep by far was Ollie.

Final scene had me laughing.  Especially because my son was just proudly posing in the mirror nude that morning. Reminded me of both of my kids. 

• Haha 2

On 1/23/2024 at 11:00 PM, HazletonEagle said:

48 minutes in to saltburn.

I didn't know it's a big gheyfest. I'm not sure I will finish watching.  Giving it chance to get interesting now that he's gotten to the place.

Same happened to me, wasn't digging it about 1/3 way in.  Then the mood shifts just enough to snag you and it's a wild ride from there on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else watch/watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith?  It's been surprisingly good so far - wasn't sure what to expect but I'm enjoying it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Anyone else watch/watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith?  It's been surprisingly good so far - wasn't sure what to expect but I'm enjoying it.  

It's staring me right in the face every time I log into Amazon prime, but I can't bring myself to do it.  Maybe I'll check it out.  

15 minutes ago, hputenis said:

It's staring me right in the face every time I log into Amazon prime, but I can't bring myself to do it.  Maybe I'll check it out.  

There's been some genuinely funny moments - it's not at all what I thought it would be.  They absolutely nailed the casting IMO

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 1:09 PM, HazletonEagle said:

I stuck with it because I wanted to see what the heck saltburn was. 

Previews gave me the impression it might be a cult but then it was obviously not. 

The family was weird and I figured something sinister was happening in the background. 

In the end,  the biggest creep by far was Ollie.

Final scene had me laughing.  Especially because my son was just proudly posing in the mirror nude that morning. Reminded me of both of my kids. 

How many points did that dong scene add to your rating?