Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I’m definitely looking forward to watching it but, the title. Spiders are not really known for their "sting”. Maybe there’s more to it. Or maybe not.

Right.  What a stupid title.  If it's gonna be about stings then.........

Spoiler

Woman arrested for unleashing swarm of bees on police - boing - Boing Boing  BBS

Which also led me to this:

Spoiler

Image - 129250] | Not the Bees! | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

Tonight’s choice (which I highly recommend) is "the Sadness,” which is one of the most f’d up zombie movies you’ll ever see. Watching with Hayden, my 10 month old while the other 2 divas are at Grandma’s. It’s on Shudder. 

Edit:  Yeah this movie is sheer terror from 15 minutes on.   Can’t believe I haven’t mentioned it before in here. I probably have. I’m usually a little sauced when I post in my favorite thread.  So here’s a picture of me and Hayden watching it on the big screen!  Read my spoiler if you wanna know what you’re getting into. 

Spoiler

These aren’t just zombies. They turn into torture zombies. So you don’t just get your throat slit or get shot down, they basically gang up on you and rip off your limbs or torture you as much as they possibly can until you die.  They show everything too.  

IMG_5849.thumb.jpeg.de08dc10c104c6ca8a9bcde89b8a3a14.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2024 at 9:25 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I saw this tonight and was a bit disappointed, although it’s worth a watch when it hits Shudder.  A fun watch but it could have been exceptional.  The idea is that the broadcast is intercut with behind the scenes footage.  The broadcast footage of the fictional 70s late night show is really well done but the behind the scenes footage should have more of a feel of realism to raise the stakes but many of the supporting actors were still doing kind of shticky performances in those scenes too.  It keeps it from ever getting creepy.  There are some really cool scenes from the broadcast that end up getting wasted, especially the ending.

This is a little upsetting because I obviously trust your opinion. Regardless, this comes out in about 2 hours on Shudder, and I’ll be doing the no pants dance until the wife gets home tomorrow. 

Side note: I just started "Night Swim,” and it is not off to a good start. 

Spoiler

If anyone can’t tell, I try to squeeze these horror movies in whenever I can. 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

This is a little upsetting because I obviously trust your opinion. Regardless, this comes out in about 2 hours on Shudder, and I’ll be doing the no pants dance until the wife gets home tomorrow. 

Side note: I just started "Night Swim,” and it is not off to a good start. 

Reveal hidden contents

If anyone can’t tell, I try to squeeze these horror movies in whenever I can. 

I haven’t gotten around to Night Swim yet but I haven’t heard anything better than "meh”.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 11:14 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I haven’t gotten around to Night Swim yet but I haven’t heard anything better than "meh”.

It was ok. But the "non hype” was warranted in my opinion. It was just a mindless fun 90 minute watch. 

On 4/20/2024 at 11:54 AM, Talkingbirds said:

Plan on watching Late Night with the Devil tonight.  Been some hype around it, hopefully it holds up.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14966898/

So I just finished it. It’s definitely worth the watch. But overall I agree with @Shepard Wong that I was a little disappointed based on all the hype. 

Spoiler

1) It’s one of the most well done movies I’ve ever seen. Acting (especially the main actor - he was born to play this role), along with making this plot line interesting were awesome. 

2) They could have done a lot more with it.   I was an hour and 10 minutes in, and I was into it only because of the hype and acting, but I asked myself …….”Holy sheet - is anything actually gonna happen with these last 20 minutes?”  But then I thought the ending turns on its head pretty good.  

• Like 1

I rewatched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night and I do my best to appreciate movies for the time they were made, but man….that was tough to get through. Acting was horrendous, action was limited, and it just doesn’t hit home for me anymore. I’ll admit it wasn’t one that I saw growing up. 

Meanwhile, I’m rewatching the newest version on Netflix from 2022, and while it received terrible reviews, I think it’s great. Aside from all the woke liberal kids angle (that all die anyway), there are some really good kill scenes in this. 

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I rewatched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night and I do my best to appreciate movies for the time they were made, but man….that was tough to get through. Acting was horrendous, action was limited, and it just doesn’t hit home for me anymore. I’ll admit it wasn’t one that I saw growing up. 

Meanwhile, I’m rewatching the newest version on Netflix from 2022, and while it received terrible reviews, I think it’s great. Aside from all the woke liberal kids angle (that all die anyway), there are some really good kill scenes in this. 

I hate you and hope you die!!!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I love the original but it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea.  The remake I really like is the one with Jessica Biel.  One, it's got Jessica Biel running around all sweaty in a wife beater half shirt.  Plus I thought it was legit creepy.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I love the original but it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea.  The remake I really like is the one with Jessica Biel.  One, it's got Jessica Biel running around all sweaty in a wife beater half shirt.  Plus I thought it was legit creepy.  

This one is legitimately my favorite of all the remakes/sequels.   It’s the only one I own because of the 2 reasons you just listed.  It’s a fantastic movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Also from this brilliant movie, the scene where that chick in the van says, "You're all gonna die," proceeds to blow her brains out, and the camera angle focuses in through the hole?  

Spoiler

ESPN camera shows Texas Tech bell ringer feverishly ringing bell -

• Haha 2

I went to the theater to see the TCM remake - remember being legitimately disturbed :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 4/18/2024 at 6:54 PM, hputenis said:

Tonight’s choice (which I highly recommend) is "the Sadness,” which is one of the most f’d up zombie movies you’ll ever see. Watching with Hayden, my 10 month old while the other 2 divas are at Grandma’s. It’s on Shudder. 

Edit:  Yeah this movie is sheer terror from 15 minutes on.   Can’t believe I haven’t mentioned it before in here. I probably have. I’m usually a little sauced when I post in my favorite thread.  So here’s a picture of me and Hayden watching it on the big screen!  Read my spoiler if you wanna know what you’re getting into. 

Reveal hidden contents

These aren’t just zombies. They turn into torture zombies. So you don’t just get your throat slit or get shot down, they basically gang up on you and rip off your limbs or torture you as much as they possibly can until you die.  They show everything too.  

IMG_5849.thumb.jpeg.de08dc10c104c6ca8a9bcde89b8a3a14.jpeg

was kind of disappointed in it. Yeah was disgusting, but thought it would freak me out more. 

Great pic btw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Infested comes out today on Shudder. No idea if it will be good but it definitely has my attention. 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Infested comes out today on Shudder. No idea if it will be good but it definitely has my attention. 

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF

• Haha 2

On 4/26/2024 at 7:25 AM, hputenis said:

Sting looks more of a comedy spider film and this one just looks creepy and nasty. I’ll be watching this and then setting my room on fire afterwards

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

When Evil Lurks, really really good spanish horror flick. Possession movie but it plays more like a zombie/pandemic plot.

I still haven't watched this but I haven't seen anyone who watched it that hasn't liked it.  I've got to bump this up my list.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

When Evil Lurks, really really good spanish horror flick. Possession movie but it plays more like a zombie/pandemic plot.

Really, really enjoyed this one. Couldn’t recommend it more 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 7:35 AM, hputenis said:

"Where Evil Lurks” on Shudder. Extremely disturbing and great action from start to finish. It leaves you with that uneasy feeling that a good horror movie should.  It’s in Argentina so Spanish subtitles. I highly recommend. 

@Shepard Wong - Put this one first on your queue.  It's awesome.  I'm due for a re-watch.  

Just saw "The Jester."  It came out on Shudder today.  Overall, this is definitely a fun type of horror movie.  Think along the lines of Truth or Dare or Ready or Not (I don't think it's quite as good as either).  There's a ridiculous malevolent spirit/demon that seems like it should be absolutely impossible to kill, and it murders people in awful and terrible ways throughout the entire movie.  That was enough to keep me dialed in.  

Spoiler

The ending was absolutely terrible.  There's no back story for the Jester, no real explanation, and honestly I don't really even know where the F he went.  I'd rank it below Ready or Not, because the ending of Ready or Not is spectacular.