Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

I’d say this one qualifies as "totally f’d up.”  In theaters at the end of February and on Shudder May 31. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, so I am finally on to "Winnie the Poo:  Blood and Honey.”  Only bc I paid the $5.99 for the stupid Chiefs/Dolphins game a few weeks ago and I still have the subscription. 

Spoiler

I thought these were all going to be killers dressed as Poo. Eeyore, Piglet, etc.  But nope.  They went full tilt, and they are half breed freaks living in the forest that literally eat Eeyore when Chris Robs leaves for college and they are starving to death.  Love that.  However, they all look like killers in masks.  They should have CGI’d/animatronics’d these gnarly forest creatures instead.  

@Shepard Wong @mikemack8 I think I may have found a good one. Never even heard of it before but it’s called "Deliver Us” on Hulu.  The opening scene is messed up enough to make anyone excited. 

I’m pretty much over the demonic possession genre but this has captured my interest so far. 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

@Shepard Wong @mikemack8 I think I may have found a good one. Never even heard of it before but it’s called "Deliver Us” on Hulu.  The opening scene is messed up enough to make anyone excited. 

I’m pretty much over the demonic possession genre but this has captured my interest so far. 

I’ll add it to my queue.  Haven’t had time to watch much.  Too many projects at work rolling out.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I’ll add it to my queue.  Haven’t had time to watch much.  Too many projects at work rolling out.  

I saw that the McRib made its return by popular demand. Good luck with that!! 

image.gif.42c739246c8959918dd3fb1f7df837a6.gif

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2024 at 4:00 PM, hputenis said:

Ok, so I am finally on to "Winnie the Poo:  Blood and Honey.”  Only bc I paid the $5.99 for the stupid Chiefs/Dolphins game a few weeks ago and I still have the subscription. 

Reveal hidden contents

I thought these were all going to be killers dressed as Poo. Eeyore, Piglet, etc.  But nope.  They went full tilt, and they are half breed freaks living in the forest that literally eat Eeyore when Chris Robs leaves for college and they are starving to death.  Love that.  However, they all look like killers in masks.  They should have CGI’d/animatronics’d these gnarly forest creatures instead.  

I tried that a couple of months ago and only made it through 30 minutes before tapping. Just didn't seem worth it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

I tried that a couple of months ago and only made it through 30 minutes before tapping. Just didn't seem worth it.

It was horrendous. And I like almost everything. Very excited for the Pinocchio horror movie in the works though.  If that’s done well, it could be fantastic. Guillermo del Toro practically already made one in the most recent version. I was probably one of the few that loved it. 

Just now, hputenis said:

It was horrendous. And I like almost everything. Very excited for the Pinocchio horror movie in the works though.  If that’s done well, it could be fantastic. Guillermo del Toro practically already made one in the most recent version. I was probably one of the few that loved it. 

Yeah, the funny thing was, I was totally in the mood for a really bad mindless horror flick at the time. But, not only was it ridiculous, which I was fully on board with and expecting, it was also slow and not scary. And, come on, killing off Eeyore before the movie starts. BS.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

La Huesera ( The Bone woman).  Indie Mexican horror film, watched it cuz it was on a best horror movies of the year list.  Basically a body horror movie about pregnancy, pretty darn solid.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

La Huesera ( The Bone woman).  Indie Mexican horror film, watched it cuz it was on a best horror movies of the year list.  Basically a body horror movie about pregnancy, pretty darn solid.

This looks pretty good. I’ll check it out!  I have limited opportunities to watch horror movies anymore because my daughter is 2 and a half now, and she understands stuff and gets scared.  So annoying!!  😂

• 3 weeks later...

I am rewatching Devils Rejects for the 100th time, and I feel like I haven’t seen it enough.  Fight me!

image.jpeg.3568bbd47d219c1c3274b8705486864f.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:52 AM, hputenis said:

This looks pretty good. I’ll check it out!  I have limited opportunities to watch horror movies anymore because my daughter is 2 and a half now, and she understands stuff and gets scared.  So annoying!!  😂

Good talk! 

16 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

image.gif.c80d7daa15ec1e335e62622043ea54f3.gif

Work has been destroying me, then I come home to 2 girls and wife.  I’m logged on here pretty much all day long, but that all mentally exhausts me so I haven’t been posting as much because it takes away my funny.  

image.gif.836b1bbec872703528e5ca0c19a0d601.gif

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Work has been destroying me, then I come home to 2 girls and wife.  I’m logged on here pretty much all day long, but that all mentally exhausts me so I haven’t been posting as much because it takes away my funny.  

image.gif.836b1bbec872703528e5ca0c19a0d601.gif

Sounds like you need to rearrange your priorities!

• Like 1

Just saw Double Blind. The plot looked right up my alley, but it was pretty terrible. Big thumbs down!  

Skinamarink topped several best horror movie 2023 lists, so I gave it a spin. It's another spawn from the Blair Witch tree and the grainy camera is definitely put to good work.  Some scenes will give you genuine heebie jeebies but the total lack of structured plot ultimately makes it just another experimental endurance test for cinephiles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Skinamarink topped several best horror movie 2023 lists, so I gave it a spin. It's another spawn from the Blair Witch tree and the grainy camera is definitely put to good work.  Some scenes will give you genuine heebie jeebies but the total lack of structured plot ultimately makes it just another experimental endurance test for cinephiles.

I know whenever I sit down to watch a movie, my #1 goal is for it to be so bad that I wanna see how long I can endure it.  

• Haha 2

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I know whenever I sit down to watch a movie, my #1 goal is for it to be so bad that I wanna see how long I can endure it.  

I'm all for this type of experimental movie, for $15k these guys made a film that will certainly get mimicked to better results in the future.  They need to exist and if you're a big time nerd with the attention span for it give it go.  But saying its the best horror movie of the year is a long stretch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm all for this type of experimental movie, for $15k these guys made a film that will certainly get mimicked to better results in the future.  They need to exist and if you're a big time nerd with the attention span for it give it go.  But saying its the best horror movie of the year is a long stretch.

Horror is a genre where it's hard to do something original at this point

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I saw Skinamarink the minute it came out on Shudder. I honestly have no idea what they were trying to do.  I just couldn’t get into it at all. Tried again. Same results.  I truly don’t understand the hype, and I like everything. 

Spoiler

Except Climax. That was truly the worst pile of feces ever made. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, hputenis said:

I saw Skinamarink the minute it came out on Shudder. I honestly have no idea what they were trying to do.  I just couldn’t get into it at all. Tried again. Same results.  I truly don’t understand the hype, and I like everything. 

Hide contents

Except Climax. That was truly the worst pile of feces ever made. 

I loved Climax, saw it twice, the dance scenes 4 or 5 times.  But I had same result as you on Skinamarink.  Got half way through, two days later tried again and was delighted when my 48 hour rent timed out with about 20 minutes to go.

• Like 1

Skinamarink feels kinda like that movie Begotten - I've tried to watch that one a few times and never make it very far.  

• Like 2

I still haven’t watched anything other than Dune 2 for a while.  Since I can’t post about any horror I’ve watched, here is my very horror nerdy birthday gift from my wife and kids.

IMG_0917.jpeg

• Like 2

Who asked for a Winnie The Poo Blood and Honey 2?

• Haha 1