Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

Have you seen it yet?  I have not, unfortunately, and all I’m reading are great reviews. Can’t wait!  

Not yet but I’m hoping to find time this week.

• Like 1

Rewatching "It Follows” for like the 10th time. This movie is so good. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Not yet but I’m hoping to find time this week.

I saw this tonight and was a bit disappointed, although it’s worth a watch when it hits Shudder.  A fun watch but it could have been exceptional.  The idea is that the broadcast is intercut with behind the scenes footage.  The broadcast footage of the fictional 70s late night show is really well done but the behind the scenes footage should have more of a feel of realism to raise the stakes but many of the supporting actors were still doing kind of shticky performances in those scenes too.  It keeps it from ever getting creepy.  There are some really cool scenes from the broadcast that end up getting wasted, especially the ending.

• Like 1

The Halloween legacy sequels all premiered on Peacock during their theatrical run so that would seem to be the best bet.

• Like 2

I’m over 2 hours into "Beau is Afraid” for the first time which I’m embarrassed to admit.  Ari Aster is probably my favorite horror director since Hereditary and Midsommar.  This movie is so weird. 

Spoiler

It’s visually fantastic and nobody other than Joaquin Phoenix could have played this awkward role. I don’t really know wtf I’m watching, but it’s painful and awesome at the same time.  This movie goes in so many strange directions, and I wouldn’t let any of my close friends know I like this movie.   I felt similar to this the first time I watched "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” and now it’s one of my favorite movies.  Anyway, this movie makes me cringe, laugh, and feel funny in my pants all at the same time if that makes sense!

On 4/7/2024 at 1:16 PM, hputenis said:

I’m over 2 hours into "Beau is Afraid” for the first time which I’m embarrassed to admit.  Ari Aster is probably my favorite horror director since Hereditary and Midsommar.  This movie is so weird. 

Reveal hidden contents

It’s visually fantastic and nobody other than Joaquin Phoenix could have played this awkward role. I don’t really know wtf I’m watching, but it’s painful and awesome at the same time.  This movie goes in so many strange directions, and I wouldn’t let any of my close friends know I like this movie.   I felt similar to this the first time I watched "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” and now it’s one of my favorite movies.  Anyway, this movie makes me cringe, laugh, and feel funny in my pants all at the same time if that makes sense!

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet either.  I watched the Pope's Exorcist the other night and liked it more than I expected to.  Creepy with some cool humor.  Really hope they make a sequel with Crowe's character.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet either.  I watched the Pope's Exorcist the other night and liked it more than I expected to.  Creepy with some cool humor.  Really hope they make a sequel with Crowe's character.

Russell Crowe was pretty good in this (he usually is).  It got a little cutesy toward the end but overall it was decent.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Russell Crowe was pretty good in this (he usually is).  It got a little cutesy toward the end but overall it was decent.

He committed hard to it but it was straight trash.  Comically bad script.

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

If they made a non-horror movie about his character just doing normal stuff, I’d still watch it.  

Started rewatch of Evil Dead tv show. I don’t think there’s another horror series that hits on every single iteration like this one does. Have yet to be disappointed in any of the remakes either. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, homerpat said:

Started rewatch of Evil Dead tv show. I don’t think there’s another horror series that hits on every single iteration like this one does. Have yet to be disappointed in any of the remakes either. 

As horror franchises go, ED has by far the best batting average.  Not one bad entry anywhere.

• Like 2

I just saw a pretty good one that was recommended on Shudder called "Baghead.”  Pretty cool story and terrifying entity.  I’d recommend. 

Just now, hputenis said:

I just saw a pretty good one that was recommended on Shudder called "Baghead.”  Pretty cool story and terrifying entity.  I’d recommend. 

I’ve heard good buzz on this one.  I need to check it out.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 9:27 AM, Shepard Wong said:

I’ve heard good buzz on this one.  I need to check it out.

it was decent. Not amazing but enjoyable 

• Like 1

I can't recommend the newer "Wrong Turn" enough.  Other than the wokeness, there are fantastic plot twists, and it goes in a direction you would never think.  I actually wish it had a different title, because it's not a remake of the original at all (which was also fantastic).   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mikemack8 Have you seen "Talk to Me" yet?  It's fantastic.   That and Wrong Turn are 2 of the best I've seen in the last couple years.  However, neither of them touch Midsommar in my opinion.   

Spoiler

P.S. I'm horny - GIF - Imgur

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

@mikemack8 Have you seen "Talk to Me" yet?  It's fantastic.   That and Wrong Turn are 2 of the best I've seen in the last couple years.  However, neither of them touch Midsommar in my opinion.   

Reveal hidden contents

P.S. I'm horny - GIF - Imgur

No.  I have to be in the right mood to watch horror and I haven't been there recently.  I'm not a total freak like you and @Shepard Wong - I will definitely watch and report back to let you know how wrong you are though! 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

No.  I have to be in the right mood to watch horror and I haven't been there recently.  I'm not a total freak like you and @Shepard Wong - I will definitely watch and report back to let you know how wrong you are though! 

Based on some of the old school horror recommendations I've seen from @Shepard WongI would guess that he has some sort of a torture basement.  With that being said, I have off today, so let's watch some Necromantic!   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Based on some of the old school horror recommendations I've seen from @Shepard WongI would guess that he has some sort of a torture basement.  With that being said, I have off today, so let's watch some Necromantic!   

Footage from @Shepard Wong's basement

Hannibal Lecter 90S GIF

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Footage from @Shepard Wong's basement

Hannibal Lecter 90S GIF

Spoiler

Like I would ever let that **** anywhere near my dog.

• Haha 2

This one's starting to get some hype

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

This one's starting to get some hype

That looks awesome!! 

12 minutes ago, hputenis said:

That looks awesome!! 

Trailer makes me think Eight Legged Freaks only a little darker

• Like 1

I’m definitely looking forward to watching it but, the title. Spiders are not really known for their "sting”. Maybe there’s more to it. Or maybe not.