Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Who asked for a Winnie The Poo Blood and Honey 2?

Not me but they have nowhere to go but up.

• Haha 3

As a good TATEr, I had no idea this thread existed. I'll pay attention from now on. I watched Infinity Pool a few weeks ago and I thought it was very disturbing - in a good way.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

As a good TATEr, I had no idea this thread existed. I'll pay attention from now on. I watched Infinity Pool a few weeks ago and I thought it was very disturbing - in a good way.

I thought it started out great, but I slowly lost some interest as the plot unfolded.  Not bad, but I was expecting more.  

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 8:25 AM, hputenis said:

I thought it started out great, but I slowly lost some interest as the plot unfolded.  Not bad, but I was expecting more.  

Sounds like something your wife would say about you!! 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sounds like something your wife would say about you!! 

image.gif.39b9b7c1765fe7c0ce550fc41344acd3.gif

• Haha 2

On 3/12/2024 at 8:56 AM, mikemack8 said:

Skinamarink feels kinda like that movie Begotten - I've tried to watch that one a few times and never make it very far.  

Yeah, Begotten meets Blair witch.

• Like 1

Just finished Frogman. New found footage that’s getting a lot of hype.  

image.gif.79bffff7288d82b0a66172746bd57133.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

Just finished Frogman. New found footage that’s getting a lot of hype.  

image.gif.79bffff7288d82b0a66172746bd57133.gif

I watched that last night.  I meant to come in and recommend it to you.  Glad you caught it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

I watched that last night.  I meant to come in and recommend it to you.  Glad you caught it.

It sounds like it would be the dumbest movie of all time, but I thought it was really well done.  I can't wait until Horror in the High Desert 3 comes out.  Should be any day now.  I didn't like the 2nd one as much, but apparently this new one links back to the plot of 1.  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

It sounds like it would be the dumbest movie of all time, but I thought it was really well done.  I can't wait until Horror in the High Desert 3 comes out.  Should be any day now.  I didn't like the 2nd one as much, but apparently this new one links back to the plot of 1.  

Agreed.  It didn't have much appeal to me from reading the synopsis but word of mouth and the reviews I saw were pretty strong so I gave it a shot.  It's kind of the anti Blood and Honey.  This had what looked like a weak concept but the execution elevates the movie where Blood and Honey had the concept that grabbed a bunch of attention but the execution was so poor watching it was a total slog.

• Like 1

Omg I just saw "the Royal Hotel" with that lunatic from the Ozarks.  It started off awesome, and I was thinking this is gonna be a great horror movie.  It was the dumbest pile of doodoo I've ever seen.  There is almost no story, no turning point, no gore, no horror elements whatsoever other than them making you think it's gonna be a horror, and boobs for less than 1 second.  0.1/10 (only for boobs).  @HazletonEagle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2024 at 11:42 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Who asked for a Winnie The Poo Blood and Honey 2?

IMG_0939.jpeg

• Haha 3

I assume Pooh is riding zombie Bambi on the poster.  

• Haha 1

@Shepard Wong  @mikemack8

I may have already posted about it in here but I can’t remember. Have either of you ever seen "Mad God” on Shudder?  Apparently it took years to make and I don’t know the official term for it, but it’s an animatronic/stillmotion/claymation type creepfest that is visually one of the coolest things you’ll ever see. I saw it the day came out. Hated it. Gave it a 2nd shot a few months later. Liked it a little. Just saw it for a 3rd time. Love it. Just like Indian food. 

Spoiler

It’s about this passenger/traveler that finds his way through the 7 stages of hell.  My wife just flipped out when she saw me watching it while she was on Instagram. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I may have already posted about it in here but I can’t remember. Have either of you ever seen "Mad God” on Shudder?  Apparently it took years to make and I don’t know the official term for it, but it’s an animatronic/stillmotion/claymation type creepfest that is visually one of the coolest things you’ll ever see. I saw it the day came out. Hated it. Gave it a 2nd shot a few months later. Liked it a little. Just saw it for a 3rd time. Love it. Just like Indian food. 

Reveal hidden contents

It’s about this passenger/traveler that finds his way through the 7 stages of hell.  My wife just flipped out when she saw me watching it while she was on Instagram. 

I really need to watch it but haven’t yet.  I’ve heard really good things. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hputenis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Didn’t see - I remember a trailer about a movie with claymation though but that’s not it, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Didn’t see - I remember a trailer about a movie with claymation though but that’s not it, right?

No but that movie is also out and I rented it. Gonna watch it later. It’s called "Stopmotion,” and I posted the trailer a little while ago.  But that’s exactly why I watched Mad God yesterday. 😂  

You definitely need a strong stomach for this one.  It’s disturbing to say the least but awesome. 

On 1/25/2024 at 9:36 AM, hputenis said:

I’d say this one qualifies as "totally f’d up.”  In theaters at the end of February and on Shudder May 31. 

Yeah this movie sucked. I think the stop motion makes it look super scary in the previews.  I don’t know why I always get myself so psyched up for these. 

Spoiler

image.gif.04b502a1fd1b1f18ca0bb0a079c92569.gif

• Haha 2

https://www.gamesradar.com/winnie-the-pooh-blood-and-honey-horror-movie-debuts-to-perfect-rotten-tomatoes-score/

The sequel to one of the best worst horror movies of 2023, Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey, has debuted to a perfect Rotten Tomatoes score and solid reviews, which has left both critics and fans a little shocked.

Released on March 26, the follow-up has managed to land an extremely impressive 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes on its day of release. It's worth noting, though, that at the time of writing, the film only has six reviews. 

TV gif. Daniel Bryan holds a WWE belt over his shoulder, bringing his fists down while he yells with joy, “YES!”

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I just read about this, but apparently the 100% was from only 6 total critics for rotten tomatoes. It has since dropped significantly, but it’s still supposed to be a huge upgrade over that first pile of garbage. 

image.gif.32cea28b19a7341bb9374b1dcdba1e70.gif

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

I just read about this, but apparently the 100% was from only 6 total critics for rotten tomatoes. It has since dropped significantly, but it’s still supposed to be a huge upgrade over that first pile of garbage. 

image.gif.32cea28b19a7341bb9374b1dcdba1e70.gif

Killing Eve Villanelle GIF by BBC America

• Haha 2

On 3/12/2024 at 2:08 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I need to see this:

Have you seen it yet?  I have not, unfortunately, and all I’m reading are great reviews. Can’t wait!  

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Have you seen it yet?  I have not, unfortunately, and all I’m reading are great reviews. Can’t wait!  

It’ll be on Shudder on April 19th 

• Like 1