Jalen Reagor trade rumors, he removes Eagles from social media

Mr-Bueno

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He came in heavy and ran slow at the combine and he failed his physical last season at camp. I have a hard time finding anything about Reagor that isn’t an issue and rather than take the moves the Eagles made as a challenge to prove he belongs he wants to take his ball and go home. You can’t win with a guy like that. To quote the coach he lack that "dog mentality.”

It still blows my mind a guy who was drafted for his quickness and athletic ability decided to....remove the quickness element through bad conditioning on the FIRST contract, hell year one. Like it makes zero sense other than the kid is a head case

This acquisition of AJ Brown could actually serve to revive Reagor's career with the Eagles.  It removes the spotlight from him and otherwise takes a lot of pressure off of him.  I remember Agholor stunk the joint out his first 2 years in Philly, only to perform pretty well in 2017 after Alshon Jeffrey was acquired

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

It still blows my mind a guy who was drafted for his quickness and athletic ability decided to....remove the quickness element through bad conditioning on the FIRST contract, hell year one. Like it makes zero sense other than the kid is a head case

Yeah say what you want about JJAW, at least the guy is trying his best to help the team. He just isn't very good.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, Hawkeye said:

His fitness and athletic ability were never the issue.  It's the other stuff. 

Just look at his pre-draft profile.  Yes, they talk about his acceleration and elusiveness but then the warning signs emerge:  lacks focus; gets frustrated; uneven and inconsistent.  And the most ominous one that is 100% the core of the issue:  his ball skills don't match his athleticism.  You can't coach that. 

I just looked back on the 2020 draft...and I literally want to throw up...other WRs that were on the board  at 21:

Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Tee Higgins
Chase Claypool

so we literally picked the one BUST of the top WRs

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, flyerdog said:

I just looked back on the 2020 draft...and I literally want to throw up...other WRs that were on the board  at 21:

Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Tee Higgins
Chase Claypool

Maybe we got that one wrong, but that wasn't the only dart Howie threw in that draft at WR. We got Quez Watkins in the 6th.

• Like 1

I was screaming at the TV when Howie passed on Jefferson

5 hours ago, astrofed said:

I was screaming at the TV when Howie passed on Jefferson

We all were.

• Like 1

Did this schmuck find a sucker to trade for him yet?

• Like 1

Does the dead cap hit for Reagor get reduced with a June 1 cut?

5 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Does the dead cap hit for Reagor get reduced with a June 1 cut?

Post June 1 it would add 2.4 additional to his 3.6 cap hit, totaling 6 million dead.

21 hours ago, flyerdog said:

Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Tee Higgins
Chase Claypool

Yeah, keep looking back and focus on the mistakes.  Guess what - every single team out there lays an egg now and then.  The good ones get back on their feet and move on.  The bad ones dwell and live in the past.

I hope you don't live your life that way because you'll be miserable if you do.

• Like 1

He removed it because every single post was about how bad he sucks. 

No team is going to relieve the Eagles of this problem.

Eagles keep him or cut him. No trade.

Kind of like Baker Mayfield trade situation with Browns.

No team is stupid enough to take that contract for the level of performance / value received.

23 hours ago, Procus said:

Yeah, keep looking back and focus on the mistakes.  Guess what - every single team out there lays an egg now and then.  The good ones get back on their feet and move on.  The bad ones dwell and live in the past.

I hope you don't live your life that way because you'll be miserable if you do.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make...and some hyperbole was definitely involved here...truth be told...

there is a certain impressiveness in that they picked the one guy of all those names who has so far proved useless....

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Reminds me of the Blake Bortles Twitter account thing

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, brkmsn said:

Maybe we got that one wrong, but that wasn't the only dart Howie threw in that draft at WR. We got Quez Watkins in the 6th.

Watkins did absolutely nothing last year.  So either he sucks or Hurts does…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Watkins did absolutely nothing last year.  So either he sucks or Hurts does…

... or you do. What did you do last year?

Just now, brkmsn said:

... or you do. What did you do last year?

Can’t speak for him, but I didn’t drop a single pass, or get called for a single penalty last year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reagor is the worst draft pick in Eagles HISTORY for the simpe fact that the next guy picked was Justin Jefferson.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:04 PM, flyerdog said:

Justin Jefferson
Brandon Aiyuk
Tee Higgins
Chase Claypool

All Howie had to do was draft the SEC

On 5/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, CouchKing said:

No team is going to relieve the Eagles of this problem.

Eagles keep him or cut him. No trade.

Kind of like Baker Mayfield trade situation with Browns.

No team is stupid enough to take that contract for the level of performance / value received.

The Eagles need to cut Reagor and sign a woman to replace him!

55 minutes ago, Procus said:

The Eagles need to cut Reagor and sign a woman to replace him!

I vote for CouchKing!  :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, brkmsn said:

Is that supposed to be a good defense for blowing a first round pick on Reagor?  Maybe a better pick and they don't need to go back to back in Round 1 the next year with Smith... or maybe if they still do that, they don't need to spend first round capital 3 straight years and trade for Brown.

Dumping 3 straight first round picks into the same position is what pathetic teams do.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Is that supposed to be a good defense for blowing a first round pick on Reagor?  Maybe a better pick and they don't need to go back to back in Round 1 the next year with Smith... or maybe if they still do that, they don't need to spend first round capital 3 straight years and trade for Brown.

Dumping 3 straight first round picks into the same position is what pathetic teams do.

It's not a whole lot different to me than drafting Dillard with a 1st rd pick and having a 7th rounder from the year before win the job. It would be great if every pick worked out. That doesn't happen. But we drafted 3 WRs in 2020 because we were looking for someone to make the team better. A first round pick is usually going to be the most likely person to do that, but late round picks can sometimes be that guy. After 2018 and 2019, the goal was to find a guy with speed that can become a deep threat. Reagor, Hightower, and Watkins were all known for their speed. 

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this team is "pathetic" this season. It seems to me this has the makings of a very, very good team. I'm looking forward to 2022. 

• Like 1